It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Hoax. Wire pulling (smoking gun?(doubtful))

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey ATS.
(add: edit- solution may be given below...will leave this thread as is however for posterity)

I gave it a shot to try and search for this thread...but due to 4 million moon hoax threads, I think it is a impossible task.
I am sure there is at least one thread out there for this breakdown video, and would appreciate someone pointing it out where it was discussed..but in the meantime...this video came across my attention

The most interesting part for me is at the 2:16 point where an astronaut does a sort of matrix move that sort of defines the laws of physics, even in superlow gravity. watch it a few times and you will see what I am talking about.

it simply does not register to me how this could possibly happen without some sort of wire tugging him up (accidently).

I am -not- a believer in the moon hoax conspiracy...however, I will admit, this one does show what I consider to be the first odd hanging string off the tapestry that may or may not unravel the whole thing...

So...anyone want to give me the breakdown as to what I am seeing here and how it is physically possible for this to happen...or at least list the thread that this specific incident is located and debunked?
edit on 24-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: sensationalism

edit on 24-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: added

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wow, best evidence I have ever seen.

You may have just brought me back into the Moon landing hoax conspiracy.....A long a boring one.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
At 1:30-1:40 check the anomoly light at the Right guy..
DO NOT look at the top of the screen, look at the
BACKPACK lower outside...

SAME anomoly lights as on the top screen...

Wires? Dont know..
Video artefacts, possibly...
edit on 24-11-2010 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
ultimately, the rest could be all sorts of answers...such as video artifacting, trick of the camera, etc...I actually came across this video to bring up evidence as to why the moon hoax conspiracy is nonsense...I figured I was fully loaded as to why the hoax is a load...but this is actually bugging me..enough to seek out answers.

the whole video here would be simple to explain away..just because you can replicate an effect using wires, does not mean that wires were used to begin with..like I can photoshop a bird in the sky does not therefore disprove birds exist.

however, the matrix move at 2:16...simply cannot happen without wires as far as I am aware...the rest of the video before and after..meh...but that and that alone is really bloody confusing to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
Wow, best evidence I have ever seen.

You may have just brought me back into the Moon landing hoax conspiracy.....A long a boring one.

Lets not get ahead of ourself yet...this may be explainable...lets see how it pans out.

I really -really- don't want to lump myself in with the group of moon hoaxer types...they are loud and nutty...but then again, if your trying to dismiss something, you send in the nuts to agree with the thing your trying to dismiss.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey
At 1:30-1:40 check the anomoly light at the Right guy..
DO NOT look at the top of the screen, look at the
BACKPACK lower outside...

SAME anomoly lights as on the top screen...

Wires? Dont know..
Video artefacts, possibly...
edit on 24-11-2010 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

That could be a lens flare..not sure..but since it could be something normal, I will shove that into the not thought about it pile until the 2:16 thing is figured out overall.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I cant agree with you more here, really dont wanna be one of those...

I think this needs alot of independant research by myself before I can say hoax

Maybe I'll decide in a few years haha

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow I've never seen that footage before but it defy's explanation?!?! I wonder if that young aussie genius who debunked alot of other moon related topics did anything on this footage. Does anyone know?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by brizellious
Wow I've never seen that footage before but it defy's explanation?!?! I wonder if that young aussie genius who debunked alot of other moon related topics did anything on this footage. Does anyone know?

Why I fear is this topic will fall into the ether, never to be explained...this may be "it"...or it may be just one hell of a camera trick...either way, I think knowing is very important...if you haven't flagged the thread, then flag it so it sticks around longer than 20 minutes before it falls into a black hole...once its answered (if I can) I will put an add on the original post (if its within the edit timeframe anyhow) so the thread can finally go away...but if there is no answer...this one tidbit could be one of the most important observations in regards to the hoax theory yet.

I hope it recieves the maturity it deserves in regards to truely investigating...anyone whom uses the term "sheeple" should have to goto the penelty box.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It looks like he was holding the other astronauts hand and using his foot created a fulcrum point so all he had to do was turn his body a bit to straighten up (low gravity). The whole landing on the moon thing being a hoax just doesn't make sense to me.
I often wonder though from the perspective of Neil Armstrong which is better in a historical aspect. To be part of the greatest hoax known to man or being the first to land on the moon? I guess either way he's immortalized in the history books.
edit on 11/24/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
nevermind...redundant post
edit on 24-11-2010 by SaturnFX because: meh

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
It looks like he was holding the other astronauts hand and using his foot created a fulcrum point so all he had to do was turn his body a bit to straighten up (no gravity). The whole landing on the moon thing being a hoax just doesn't make sense to me.
I often wonder though from the perspective of Neil Armstrong which is better in a historical aspect. To be part of the greatest hoax known to man or being the first to land on the moon? I guess either way he's immortalized in the history books.

You may be right actually...(there is gravity of course, just low).

The thing that got me was the bouncing of the foot, but a significant push, low gravity, etc...-may- compensate for the effect.

going to watch this a few hundred more times...that so far seems like a good point overall...I am focusing too much on his body movements and less on the point to point. Good answer.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'll start by calling the left astronaut (A) and the right one (B) for the sake of not confusing myself while I type this.

It starts with (A)'s arm propped up on (B)'s thigh (2:23 mark) and when (A) starts to get up by kicking off with his left foot (2:26), (B) grabs (A)'s left arm to stabilize (A) as he gets up. The awkward tilt seen in the video (2:27) is the effect of (A) kicking off too hard from the moon's surface and (B) helping to correct (A)'s balance.

The 2:27 mark also shows that (A)'s left arm was being supported by (B)'s hand/arm during the last half of the action of (A) getting up.

If (A) was by himself then the entire action would be suspect, but with (B) there to steady (A) the action looks natural given the environment and equipment shown.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Hey I was just checking the 2:16 spot and started to notice the rate at which the dust flies from the down astronauts foot,..I am a digital animation student with some nice tools and I think I would have slowed that down a second.
I used to work for Disney and Nickelodeon as a scenic artist and have done T.V. bits as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

sounds reasonable actually...if nobody has a counter for this, or anything else on the video, then I would venture to say its solved (am also discussing this in the youtube channel also..but meh..youtube people are mostly a bunch of trolls, so I don't expect any strong argument given there for or against)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by human32826

Hey I was just checking the 2:16 spot and started to notice the rate at which the dust flies from the down astronauts foot,..I am a digital animation student with some nice tools and I think I would have slowed that down a second.
I used to work for Disney and Nickelodeon as a scenic artist and have done T.V. bits as well.

How bout snipping and enhancing the footage of that time to either debunk or debunk the debunk? wouldn't mind seeing clearly and slowly exactly what is going on there...half the moves seem impossible, but the other have makes sense. Trying to see the dirt fly, the gravity working its magic, the contorted body movements, and the reasonable explanation is making the waters a bit muddy to fully put to rest...I am leaning towards the explainable side of things now...but wouldn't mind a final nail in the coffin

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well, if you aren't easily fooled, you can easily see that when the astronaut gets 'up' off the ground with his crew member's 'help', you see he really isn't receiving any help at all,aside from some illusive force above him.Which is a roundabout way of saying the televised Moon landing was hoaxed to hide what they found on the moon in their original visit(s)(?).

10-4

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

He does appear to be getting help though...you eventually see the person was holding the guys arm.

actually, now whats bugging me is the scene after and the slowed down dirt movement.

I might be starting to look too deeply into this and now seeing everything not making sense.

quick question to anyone...would dirt at 1/6th the gravity of earth fall at the same rate as gravity here? I know a pebble and a brick will fall at the same speed on earth...is gravity a constant in regards to falling? (really don't know offhand...instinct tells me it would fall slower and therefore appear in slow motion, but a confirmation might be nice)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

How is he(A) not receiving help from the other astronaut(B)? Several different seconds found in the clip show (A)'s arm propped up on or is being held by (B). My first post explains how (B) assisted (A), so I'd like to know where in the clip does it show that (B) gave no assistance to (A) as (A) got off the ground?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I would lean towards explainable also,...this just made me think of the overhead pics of the foot prints and equiptment on the surface and just how many times humans were there.
Also it's not so much the heavier dirt that caught my eye,but the way that light dust flies from the foot.
It almost seems there is an air current pushing it.
That also could be the effect of less gravity.
The arm thing makes less sense for when in the pool with my children I can twist my arm or wrist and greatly effect there angle.
Just like a Tootsie-Pop "The world may never know."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join