It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baffled bird migration

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Baffled bird migration

www.noroeste.com.mx

Migratory birds and shorebirds have delayed their arrival in southern Sinaloa, and while they are not, others have arrived out of season and more, never seen before, begin to nest here in natural reserve areas.
During a hike of at least six miles Cacaxtla Plateau, the researcher Marco Antonio González Bernal, a member of the civil organization Pronatura, said there was a natural imbalance, since watching schedule few species found.
Accompanied by a group of biology students of the UAS, the professor also attributed the disorder to climate change facing the world today, as species that have arrived due to arrive on the date of previous years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Edit: Terms and Conditions: This is an English Language Website

Translation by Google

edit on 11/25/2010 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2010 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Basically what the article states is that in Mazatlan, Mexico, many species of birds who arrive this time of the year havent and other species who arent supposed to be there are there now, like if they were confused. This is the first year, that they experience this anomaly. Experts from PRONATURA consider this is being caused by a natural disequilibrium.

Do you know of any other cases like this in which the migration disorder isnt gradually? It just happens like this? Should we be worried about the animals feeling something strange?

www.noroeste.com.mx
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantele

That is strange! Thanks for sharing. Evolution is action or something more? I would like to keep us updated with information on this article.

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The animal kingdom has no MSM that I'm aware of.

We should trust them.

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantele

Here's a translation of the snippet from the OP:

Migratory birds and shorebirds have delayed their arrival in southern Sinaloa, and while they are not, others have arrived out of season and more, never seen before, begin to nest here in natural reserve areas.

During a hike of at least six miles Cacaxtla Plateau, the researcher Marco Antonio González Bernal, a member of the civil organization Pronatura, said there was a natural imbalance, since watching schedule few species found.

Nice find

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Interesting. Indeed Climate changes also affects animal behaviours. It is only logical.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this information. Hopefully it won't get buried as nature can be a very strong indicator of what is really going on in this world.

I did notice that the Canadian geese flew south a little early this year but I am still seeing flocks of them every now and again meaning those ones are really late.

Strange times for sure..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I have noticed very similar things here. I'm in the Great Lakes area, and never ever this late in the year have I had birds chirping outside my window in the morning. This is normally only something that happens during spring and summer. Yet for the past three weeks, I have heard them every morning. There's an unusual amount of all varieties of birds here still as well.
We also had a ridiculous acorn season this year.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Could it be from polar shift?
Things aren't where they were and animals are confused?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've seen a few flights of Geese flying North to Canada last week which everyone that saw it thought it was pretty strange. On top of that the amount of migrating birds we normally see are down by half, I'm 150 miles or so south of BC.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Darned selfish, opportunistic birds... taking advantage of nature that way!
Didn't they get the memo about the calendar and when and where they're supposed to migrate?

Really, though. This is unusual?
Do we have records of what the birds did the last time the climate changed?

edit on 11/24/2010 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xizd1

Sure it is that the magentic poles are the natural compass for animals. It is known that the magnetic poles are being moving litlle by little. Maybe it has moved enough that it is percievable now by the animals.

Whatever it will happen in the next years, I gor prepared since last year with a survival kit and a contingency plan for my family.

Let's keep our eyes and senses aware.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Two birds that nest in our shed each year arrived about 8 weeks early.
My geese started mating about 4 weeks later than normal.
Snake season seems to get longer each year also,heap around already.
Also a lot of frog activity,been getting a lot up near the house and in the shed.
Nature will tell you somethings going on way before any science expert.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I don't know if it is unusual compared to other eras (glaciation, etc.). What is to be noted here is that precisely that zone in Sinaloa, became protected as a reserve zone last year. This year their expecting the birds to come and mark them with rings, so they will be able to know if the same ones are coming back and forth every next year. However, the birds have not arrived!! and other species who arent supposed to be there, are hanging out in the coast. This guys from PRONATURA have a natural schedule for knowing when the birds are arriving, and this being the FIRST year for them havent showed yet, surprised them. So I can assure you that if they noted it, is beacause it aint normal for this to happen... at least there.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Kantele because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xizd1

I was thinking the same thing. Birds have an inherent internal compass that helps them navigate during migration and a pole shift could definitely throw them off. Electromagnetic energy from within the earth, or from the atmosphere can mess up their ability to navigate as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's also funny that around here (northern Ontario, Canada), one doesn't listen to the msm or the weather channels for information on the upcoming winter.

Around here we listen to the elderly native people. They have a much better record of predicting the weather than those that are determined by science.

and they are calling for a very cold winter here...brrrrrrr. i hate it already..

If you know how to study nature, it won't steer you wrong I think...
edit on 11/24/2010 by tribewilder because: to add location

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I figured it had something to do with magnetism and the polar junk going on. We had TONS of birds here.. I mean covering every tree.. like from the old movie The Birds! Never had that happen before. My 17 yr old completely freaked out... she just felt someting was wrong... then again she is a fire and brimstone armageddonist where Im not. I just get sick of the poop everywhere and that God-awful noise. Our bees are stiil gone as well as seeing nto one single butterfly. I notice.. I maintain bee and butter fly gardens. The humming birds were back though. Our bat houses are abandoned. NO bats anywhere for the 2nd year. We had a mosquito explosion early ( the fact that our bats are gone I guess) this year that was incredible and people's yards were infested with fleas.. even ones who didnt have pets like our next door neighbor. You could go out to mow grass and they woudl be all over your legs! Pretty weird.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Exactly. My Grandfather use to tell me "If you want to know the weather, you don't listen to the weatherman, you watch the fields."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

and they are calling for a very cold winter here...brrrrrrr. i hate it already..

I heard hat too here on my city. That an extreme cold will be felt this year. I personally think that something is gradually happening in ou planet, and in a sudden it will take us all in our sleep. Let's hope we're prepared.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xizd1

a very good possibility...although, I would say that it is a "pre-polar" shift.
I read someplace a long time ago that birds and animals in general have the ability to
use magnetic positioning naturally as well as landmarks to find their ways. That along
with the inherited pathways of those that came before them.

If anything is messing with the magnetic fields of the earth...natural or not...the migration pathways
will be off.

~holly

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join