It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on TSA: 'If we tolerate this, there's something wrong with us'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Ron Paul on TSA: 'If we tolerate this, there's something wrong with us'

www.rawstory.com

Popular Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul has a message for the American people: If you tolerate the new, invasive Transportation Security Administration procedures, then maybe you deserve it.

"This is such an affront, so much out in the open," he said during a Tuesday radio interview. "Government being so bold as to maul us in public and say they're doing it for our interests. If we tolerate this, there's something wrong with us.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
heh-heh, Dr. Paul, coming out of the gates swingin punches, no holds barred, yet again.

He seems to almost always be the lone wolf who is left standing against the completely corrupt, status-quo cesspool in Washington.

And he appears to almost be trying to shake Americans awake here, to get people to realize WE HAVE THE POWER, and to stop acquiescing to these disgusting, draconian measures and violations being imposed upon us!

Bravo Dr. Paul, thank you for standing up for the people!

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The article suggests that this is from the Alex Jones show but it's actually not
It's from here:

And again Ron Paul is right!

And see what is being said at 7:20 in the video
Very strong statement there about the TSA and IRS!

This is something that everyone in America should know, these are entities created by faceless figures!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

oh wow ron paul said the obvious

hey ron paul crapped in a bucket and called it freedom, 300 flags 10000s of stars

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

lol

Do you see many other 'officials' stepping up to the plate and speaking out against this?

Mostly, I see the opposite. A bunch of corporate serving goons.

Umm, so yeah, it is a big deal that someone IS speaking up and showing they still care about the constituents they're supposed to be serving.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

sorry, I've just become annoyed with how frequently people post about something Ron Paul said, while never having anything to post about what ron paul does (which really isn't much)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

There is something wrong with us as a nation. It's a nation of fear, and hysteria. No longer can the U.S.A. be considered the home of the brave. The terrorists have won, and we've done all the effort for that win for them. We have changed our lives in reaction to a one-off attack. If you fly, a terrorists wants to blow up your airplane. If you are a child, someone wants to molest you. If you are a woman, someone wants to rape you. If you are a man, well... nobody cares about men. The people at large get exactly what they deserve. The majority of Americans are pathetic, fearful, and prone to hysteria over the perceived threat of the day.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Obvious to who?
Obvious to you?
Obvious to 10% of the american population?

Hey look, someone thinks we should forget about educating and motivating 90% of the american population
10 Sarcastic Stars!
Here's one from me!
, No seriously I'm going to star you right away!!

We can only hope that there were more elected officials that kept screaming the obvious on mainstream news

Bailouts are not good, that's obvious but not to many
Wars are bad, obvious but many feel it necessary
Thinking we can manipulate the money supply without consequence is delusional, thats obvious too but not to everyone, most people wouldn't even understand that statement

I think your thinking is lost in the sauce

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Do you think this is going to stay in the Airports
check this out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry to pimp but this TSA is going to be a monster if not stopped they will be everywhere the mobile monster.

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

right right woohoo ron paul is for all these other things

too bad none of those things are being mentioned and it's more about him just saying "We shouldn't do this", which is what most of the country is saying which is where my lack of enthusiasm comes from. great job, try harder next time kid

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

umm... not being mentioned?
All these others things are very much being mentioned, that's how people know about it

Ron Got people actually talking about the FED with his Audit the Fed Bill
My guess is you do not know what you are talking about and an even deeper possibility is that you are not fond of his conservative affiliations

I'm guessing that's what this is all about

In any case I hope Ron doesn't stop with his imperative message of freedom and common sense!
Especially since I am only hearing it from him right now

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

truthfully yes I don't approve of his conservative affiliation but that is not the point at all. If you look at hot topics, new topics, etc. you see "Ron Paul (this)", "Ron Paul (that)", "(something) Ron Paul", and it just seems really tired to have to mention that Ron Paul thinks the TSA measures being implemented are wrong. The OP would have been better off as a comment in one of the MANY ron paul threads floating around.

/will not continue further, I'm not here for derailment.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Yep, agreed.

It's a trip how often people label Paul as a "nut job" and what not. That usually is the first indicator to me that an individual is disrupting the status quo, which is an enormous threat to tptb and a conditioned society. haha

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

hey ron paul crapped in a bucket and called it freedom, 300 flags 10000s of stars

Seems to be a hint of jealousy. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't have read it.

What is remarkable about Ron Paul, and why I think he is quoted often, is that he is someone who is saying many statements of truth while being an elected official. This is a rarity.

As for what he is doing.... he is moving right-wing ideologues toward libertarian ideas of freedom and left-wing egalitarians to a more principled ideology. He is showing Americans that there is an answer beyond that of left vs right.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

sorry, I've just become annoyed with how frequently people post about something Ron Paul said, while never having anything to post about what ron paul does (which really isn't much)

this right here is the problem with the world. You're sitting there, you know the problem, but you want him to fix it for you. He cant, nobody can fix the problems of the world. YOU, the people need to take action.

Or you can sit on the internet whining about how some other politician would totally be superman and save the world with magic powers. Your choice.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Valdestine

People ARE taking action, including calling and writing their constituents, as well opting out of flying altogether, on a mass level. I think it's pretty obvious that people are stepping up against this on a pretty large scale level.

But that doesn't exclude nor downplay having HELP from one of our said constituents, who is high up on the latter of influencing our laws. If such said individual is speaking out and siding WITH the masses, then it bares taking notice of imho.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by piddles

sorry, I've just become annoyed with how frequently people post about something Ron Paul said

Yeah, I guess it gets old seeing so many Ron Paul "Told you so" threads. Maybe if he wasn't dead on and right about so much, we wouldn't have to hear about him. Right about the economy, the Fed, our personal liberty, etc. Just imagine how effective he would be if he had TV charisma and a sly smile to go along with his intelligence. Maybe then the idiotic majority would open their eyes. Doubtful though. My guess is they'd just be into the TV charisma and sly smile.

new topics

top topics

join