It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
"In this day and age a full scale war could only go nuclear. Let use NK as an example. Lets say the US marches in with everything they have short of nukes. Starts overrunning NK. Think KJI would not give the order? There is no way this situation wouldnt go nuclear. "

Again, you just feel like arguing for arguments' sake, huh.

OK thanks for that opinion of how things may go.

I have not ADVOCATED an attack or invasion of North Korea. [Who said the US would invade the North Anyway]? You in your hypothetical scenarios?

Remember North Korea has been the one which has for Decades been threatening their neighbors not the other way around. South Korean and US forces have been demonstrating restraint. Have we all forgotten the very real history of the past 40 to 50 years or so of who exactly of the two Korea's which one has been the loudest chest pounder in the region?

Again, I never said you did. Reading comprehension much? Perhaps you need to pay a little more attention to the "reply to" at the top of the post. You are jumping in here on a response I made to a statement that SOMEBODY ELSE made. Didnt, doesnt, and wont have anything to do with you, except for your need to try and jump in even when you are out of context.

You are also mixing statements here, very badly. I used NK as an example of 'if the US used all out warfare". I could have just as easily said China, or Russia, or Pakistan, or anywhere else. It was a hypothetical to make a point (one that was obviously lost on you) and not based on the actual current situation.

Also, you bring up the fact that Nk has been the aggressor....I never said they werent, and i certainly never said anything even remotely close to denying it. What exactly does that have to do with this thread in any way?

Just arguing for the sake of arguing, even when there is no argument to be had.

edit on 24-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
North Korea not preparing for extended campaign: US
beta.ca.news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States believes North Korea's artillery attack on a South Korean island this week was an isolated action and Pyongyang is not preparing for an extended military campaign, the State Department said on Wednesday.

There you have it. NK is not prepping up and neither will the US/SK, even in spite of these actions.
If NK planned to attack the South during these upcoming war games, they certainly would mobilize troops.

[Yes I realized the mobilized tens of thousands of troops on DMZ back in March]

awwww shucks i wanted to see that new hypersonic missile in REAL action. Damnit UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN NORTH KOOOOOOREEEEAAAA

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

Really? i doubt NK has the Tech to do any type of EMP blast and if so they would EMP themself. lol. really dumb idea. im sure all our ships and war plains are updated with EMP blast shields anyways.

hahaha bunkers for a million men and food for a year. lol i doubt that to. NK can bearly feed itself and do you have any idea how much food it would take to feed a million people for a year.

Lets thing about things first before hand

edit on 24-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Conventional wisdom is that NK has an EXTREMELY complex underground system in their country. This is not out of the question.

You forgot about the bunker busting bombs they go REEEEEEEAAAAAAAAALLLLY deep.
edit on 24-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

yes they do. But You forget that these are not just the hills of afghanistan, that this is a true militarized country. You dont suppose they have thought about bunker busters, do you?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by Rocky Black

ha ha ya, sheeple just go on with their daily lives I got online to see what was up with the korean conflict yesterday and the first thing I saw was that miley cirus turned 18.

pathetic

You call others sheepie but you consider CNN news.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
For those of us with shortwave radio, I just thought, what if the chance of hearing number stations are more likely now because of this? I'm going to be scanning.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I never said nuclear war either....I guess I should have clarified really. I meant a total CONVENTIONAL war..

2nd line..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

true, true

although if you read my post a later on to canadian dream maybe you would be better educated to my opinion about the msm but you still have a point.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
the south koreans are pussies. first n. korea sunk one of their ships killing 46 sailers and now they bombarded their island with mortars killing 2 marines.

what's it going to take for korean war 2 to start.

n. korea is iching for a fight. i bet as soon as kim jung il realizes he doesn't have long on this planet he is going to order a full on assualt.

i bet he can't wait to try one of his nukes on seoul and take out 20,000 american troops.

a cornered tiger they say is the most dangerous. when n. korea realizes it can't sustain it's power and it's society is crumbling and their military is becoming obselete they have 2 options: fade away or fight back.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RodOfIron

I never said nuclear war either....I guess I should have clarified really. I meant a total CONVENTIONAL war..

2nd line..

Fair enough. I still say, however, that even if we went into a country such as pakistan (i changed my choice because some couldnt seperate the hypothetical I made from the actual event taking place) with everything we have short of nukes, you are assuming they wouldnt use them in retaliation.

Very simplistic analog, I know, but Ill put it like this:
Your big brother outweighs you by 100 pounds. He picks on you. Then one day, he no longer picks on you, he decides he is going to come at you with his full force. He's bloodied your lip, broken your nose, and is still going.

Would you not pick up a rock to fight back?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

hahaha bunkers for a million men and food for a year. lol i doubt that to. NK can bearly feed itself and do you have any idea how much food it would take to feed a million people for a year.

that's propaganda, the military 100% guaranteed has provisions even if some peasants don't.
edit on 24-11-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the south koreans are pussies. first n. korea sunk one of their ships killing 46 sailers and now they bombarded their island with mortars killing 2 marines.

what's it going to take for korean war 2 to start.

n. korea is iching for a fight. i bet as soon as kim jung il realizes he doesn't have long on this planet he is going to order a full on assualt.

i bet he can't wait to try one of his nukes on seoul and take out 20,000 american troops.

a cornered tiger they say is the most dangerous. when n. korea realizes it can't sustain it's power and it's society is crumbling and their military is becoming obselete they have 2 options: fade away or fight back.

For the record, there is no proof that NK sunk the ship. That is conjecture. The 'torpedo' was german made.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

For the record, there is no proof that NK sunk the ship. That is conjecture. The 'torpedo' was german made.

yeah we've all heard that fairy tale.

Blogs are no source for real news.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

yeah we've all heard that fairy tale.

Blogs are no source for real news.

So show me the news source that proves it was NK. Ill wait.

Do you ever ad anything to the subject? Or just make these sad attempts at other people?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Afhan, and vietnam are both wars america fought with no total win goal. we fought with our hands behind our backs limiting our men to rules of engament for the most part is a joke on a full out war.

Yes we have the Strongest econommy our GDP ration is 2nd to non

we have the best military because we equip our men with the best. body armor, night vision, M16's equipt with night vision scopes and red dots. A1M1 abrum tanks, F-22, State of the art nuculer powered Aircraft cariers. satilite logistics. The highest in comunications from the front lines to the comand centers. it imposible to list it all. the question is can you list the resons why we are not number one here.

can you provide some information with these arguments? sounds like im doing all the back ups here. tell me why we suck so much?

Make excuses all you want. You are still talking about wars in which we were not even able to achieve our goals, let alone win(although, no one wins a war).

So your measurement of strongest economy is based ONLY on GDP? There's a heck of alot more to it than that. How can you possibly be so simplistic? And, according to the IMF and the CIA Wold Factbook, the US is second to someone (the EU).

There is far more to strength of economy than GDP however. I'm not going to get into economics here, as it is very in depth and I am by no means an expert, but sufficed to say, if you think it is only GDP, you have A LOT of learning to do.

Again, you throw out generic examples of why 'we are the best' Best body armour? Sorry, thats tech every country has. Night vision? Old hat. M16's arent even standard anymore. Red dots? You mean laser sighting? Again, that is VERY old tech that everyone has. Not to mention based on your previous statement non of these things should matter, as we 'will blow them out of the sky', remember?

Tanks, planes-everyones got em. Sattelite and comm? We arent the only ones. Seems you think every other country is living in the stoneage.

Reason we arent #1? I'll say it again-Afghanistan. Also, the whole idea of who is #1 is irrelevant. The intangibles in place in a war, especially on foreign soil, are so many that they cant even be listed.

I personally never said we 'suck so much', but i have to commend you on your eloquent wording. ALl I have said is that the idea that no one is a match for us is absurd.

Again, I suggest you step away from CoD and Rambo, and look at the real world.

SO you are comparing the old soviet Migs that the NK have to the US F22 raptors. Bro you need to shut up america has the better tech. Not saying who would win a war but america does have the better more modern weapons .

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You made the claim, Prove it.

Also You are the one posting Bogus information. remember who added the claim of They have at least 46,000 battle ships and 110,000 military jets. then retracted it. So who is really adding anything of value to the discussion?

I have provided links when i provide information.

edit on 24-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

ya and guatemala just mortared the island and your right it wasn't n. korea, south korea's mortal ememy, that sunk that ship it was the bahamas with a caribbean coalition that included barbados and princess mary cruise lines.

captainyinknots is trollin hard. if he doesn't let up his head is going to burst and all that crap that's been coming out of his mouth is going to damage his monitor.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Meanwhile, as North and South Korea face off, we have here in the USofA one of our most brilliant analysts opining on the matter:

Sarah Palin: We've got to stand with our North Korean allies
November 24, 2010 09:46 AM

videocafe.crooksandliars.com...

During today's Glenn Beck radio show Sarah had to be corrected by the host on the current hostilities between the two Koreas.

CO-HOST: How would you handle a situation like the one that just developed in North Korea? [...]

PALIN: But obviously, we’ve got to stand with our North Korean allies. We’re bound to by treaty –

CO-HOST: South Korean.

PALIN: Eh, Yeah. And we’re also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes.

A slip of the tongue? Maybe, maybe not. But in John Heilemann & Mark Halperin's Game Change there was this telling point which suggests otherwise.

She knew nothing. She had to be taken through World War I, World War II, the Cold War, and Palin was not aware there was a difference between North and South Korea. She continued to insist that Iraq was behind 9/11; and when her son was being sent off to Iraq, she couldn’t describe who we were fighting.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
america has a bad track record against asian nations. they should sit this one out. urban fighting in pyongyang will make fallujah look like a picnic.

and forget about geneva conventions. mass field executions for any captured america pow.

this conflict is going to end only one way. massive nuclear strike on n. korea and the u.n. reuniting whats left of the north. with the south.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

ya and guatemala just mortared the island and your right it wasn't n. korea, south korea's mortal ememy, that sunk that ship it was the bahamas with a caribbean coalition that included barbados and princess mary cruise lines.

captainyinknots is trollin hard. if he doesn't let up his head is going to burst and all that crap that's been coming out of his mouth is going to damage his monitor.

yes, call me a troll because I dont agree with you. Now that shows some ability to deny ignorance

Please, either one of you, show me credible proof that NK sunk the ship. I'm still waiting. You can't because it doesnt exist. You are a victim of propaganda.

So please, continue to name call. Seems I recall the definition of an internet troll to be those who looked to start a conflict, not debate.

Wait...which one of us is sitting here insulting the other??? But I'M the troll. Well played, kiddo.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

You made the claim, Prove it.

Also You are the one posting Bogus information. remember who added the claim of They have at least 46,000 battle ships and 110,000 military jets. then retracted it. So who is really adding anything of value to the discussion?

I have provided links when i provide information.

edit on 24-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

You seriously dont actually debate topics do you? You just attack posters. Well, Ill respond one more time, and then you will be ignored. I come here to debate, not to get into childish bickering matches with immature imbiciles.

I also put the word 'torpedo' in quotes, because I dont believe thats what it was. But again, the whole reading comprehension thing seems to be lost on you.

But its all good. You two can run around and say "NK sunk the ship! NK sunk the ship!" without any proof, and then attack anyone who disagrees. I care not. Have fun running in circles.

As for the bad stats I posted, if you didnt notice, I corrected myself, and them. but hey, that must not matter when you are so empty that you dont ever make a concrete statement. I mean, If you go around and simply attack posters, you cant pass bad info, can you?

I pity someone who doesnt even understand that they arent debating, they are deflecting. Education is a good thing, son.
And again, you are jumping in on my response to someone else, which has nothing to do with you. He said FLAT OUT that NK sunk the ship.
So please, Ill ask one more time-show me proof that it was a NK torpedo that sunk that ship.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join