It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
I never said so many countries out tech us. I said we arent the only ones with military tech. Truth be told, not a single one of us on this board knows what tech our, or the russian, or the chinese, militaries have, as they tend to not advertise their newest greatest weapons. One thing is for sure though-Russia has historically been more advanced than the US in military tech.

Speaking of Afghanistan wasn't it American Stinger missiles that made the Soviet Air-power turn tail and balk?

As far as I know on the world stage whenever Soviet/Russian hardware came up against US/West hardware in a face off in the REAL world their equipment was shown to be less than advertised.

FOR THE RECORD

I'm NOT saying Russia or China cannot or has not produced some very good hardware. On the contrary, but it is not as advanced as you are trying to make it out to be. I'm also not saying we have the best. What I will say is look at the most recent conflicts and see which hardware has performed the best. Sure we had a shoot down of the f-117 stealth fighter but that was what? 30 year old technology at the time.

Yeah it was the stingers that drove out the Russian-air power. It was the terrain that sent the land troops away. And it's the terrain that keeps that country from being overrun.

I think you underestimate Russia here. But again, anything like this is conjecture, as none of us have a clue what tech is out there now.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Can you please explain to me why it is you keep quoting false statements by me? It is a piss poor debate strategy, one that is all but an admission of defeat.

Argue against what I said, not what you want people to think I said.

And yes. I do think China COULD win. I think America COULD win. My point, for the hundredth time (since it doesnt seem to be getting through your thick skull) is that neither side would just walk over the other.

Seriously, grow up.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
So check out this picture of N korea and S korea at night notice any difference?

www.latimesmagazine.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You forget something though-NK will have no issues with sending those unfit for battle to fight. The US will not.

AND a Modern army [No matter how large] if caught out in the open without proper air cover is a sitting duck.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4ec80909d96.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/679e71ce8394.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dd3553bc3d2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by captaintyinknots

You forget something though-NK will have no issues with sending those unfit for battle to fight. The US will not.

AND a Modern army [No matter how large] if caught out in the open without proper air cover is a sitting duck.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4ec80909d96.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/679e71ce8394.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5dd3553bc3d2.jpg[/atsimg]

love the quote, all too ture. what are the last two pics. is that NK country side or Iraq after we ran through it? just wondering. lol

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Gentle Reminder Time...

Ahem...

Guys/Gals...let's rachet down the rhetorical flourishes, shall we?

We can agree and disagree with out resorting to attacking each other.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
A war with China is sheer unadulterated madness, not to put too fine a point on it. Far too much to lose, with little or nothing to gain. China is on the verge of some radical change in the near future, as the old guard dies off, and is replaced by Western educated, in some cases anyway, technocrats...the hardline Marxism preached by the Chinese govt is going to become more and more muted, and will eventually evolve, barring another revolution, into a landed gentry...though they won't call themselves that. Plus ce change, plus ce mem chose...

Very good points. Although very optimistic. China may deteriorate into anarchy between....
"the haves" [250 million] and the [900 million to 1.1 Billion] "have-nots"

Stay tuned on that
edit on 24-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, but I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

slayer, what is NK gun choice? AK-47 right? im not sure. I dont understand why everyone loves those guns. they have a piss poor recoil and cant aim for **** plus there round cant penitrate as far as a .223 can.

if it did come down to it i think the M-16 would do much better then the AK-47 if we did go to war with NK. does SK have the M-16? i would think they would
edit on 24-11-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

And no I dont think the US army could march in and topple afghanistan.

They've already toppled it...
It's been toppled!!

They are now securing and rebuilding and have to "put up" with attacks from fights, mostly that NATO created.

I'm sure a few MIRV's could toppled the Afghani's Military Infrastructure in under a week.

Its totally different then what would happen in NK...
THEY would put up a larger fight then any insurgent < < We can agree there, bud.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

AK-74

The rifle first saw service with Soviet forces engaged in the Afghanistan conflict.[3] Presently, the rifle continues to be used by the majority of countries of the former USSR. Additionally, unlicensed copies were produced in Bulgaria (AK-74 and AKS-74U), China (Type 88), the former East Germany (MPi-AK-74N, MPi-AKS-74N, MPi-AKS-74NK) and Romania (PA md. 86).[

I'm almost sure the North Koreans have gotten the Chinese made knock offs.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

It's been toppled!!

They are now securing and rebuilding and have to "put up" with attacks from fights, mostly that NATO created.

I'm sure a few MIRV's could toppled the Afghani's Military Infrastructure in under a week.

THEY would put up a larger fight then any insurgent < < We can agree there, bud.

No, they havent. Fighting has intensified this year, not lessoned. Nothing is toppled. This is a bald-faced lie.

You're sure? Well then, it must be so. You know, since every single army that has tried has failed, but since you are sure.....

NK's army absolutely WOULD put up a larger fight, so at least we agree on that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

No, they havent. Fighting has intensified this year, not lessoned. Nothing is toppled. This is a bald-faced lie.

No it's not, the Afghanistan Northern Alliance which were in a civil war with the Taliban back in 2001 with the help of US/West/NATO air-power actually kicked the Taliban Government to the street. The Taliban are now fighting from their mountain hideouts and carry out hit and run bombings and raids on US/NATO and Afghanistan Government locations.

You're sure? Well then, it must be so. You know, since every single army that has tried has failed, but since you are sure.....

Ghangis Kahn, Alexander the Great, The Taliban

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted No, they havent. Fighting has intensified this year, not lessoned. Nothing is toppled. This is a bald-faced lie.

We are clearly on the wrong page with eachother.

You said, intially, we cannot destroy the Afghanistan army.. why do you think we could the North Koreans.

1. Russia NOR US tried to destory the Afghan, completely, like the Nazi Germany.
2. It seems you think NK will be attacked and then US forces will be stationed and set up like Iraq/Afghanistan to stay and fight insurgency. Maybe that's the case, I don't think so.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's been toppled!!

They would if they could they couldn't if you sent a few nicely placed nukes over peyongyang

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted No, they havent. Fighting has intensified this year, not lessoned. Nothing is toppled. This is a bald-faced lie.

We are clearly on the wrong page with eachother.

You said, intially, we cannot destroy the Afghanistan army.. why do you think we could the North Koreans.

1. Russia NOR US tried to destory the Afghan, completely, like the Nazi Germany.
2. It seems you think NK will be attacked and then US forces will be stationed and set up like Iraq/Afghanistan to stay and fight insurgency. Maybe that's the case, I don't think so.

Gotcha, and truly this is a miscommunication on my part, I should have been more clear. I'll go back and look, but I thought I said simply 'afghanistan' not the 'aghani army'. If I said 'army", you are right, that is my fault. My point is that when fighting on foreign soil, it isnt just about fighting an army. You end up fighting a country.

As for staying in NK, I dont know. But I DO know that we would absolutely stay in SK. Which means we would be helping rebuild, and fighting insurgencies there (as you can guarantee there will be).

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

It's been toppled!!

They would if they could they couldn't if you sent a few nicely placed nukes over peyongyang

Advocating nuclear war, now theres a great idea. How do you suppose china, or any of the other neighboring nuclear nations, would react to the US using nuclear weapons in NK?

Hope you want a tan....

edit on 24-11-2010 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I'm not sure where I said that NK's were bloodthirsty and the such....

why is it that everyone on here wants to put words in the mouths of others?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

I'm not sure where I said that NK's were bloodthirsty and the such....

why is it that everyone on here wants to put words in the mouths of others?

I guess now we are even it wasn't directed solely at you per-say. Your reply to me seems fitting. Sound familiar?

Are you the only one in the thread?
I quoted your response so that you'd see the source. Never said you advocated anything.

Seems you are the one ASSUMING that was meant for you.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Wouldn't care what they think they could kiss my ass you better be lucky I AM NOT THE PRESIDENT. AND if they sent a nuke to our soil we could nuke them back ten times more and then some.. I would be willing the possibility if china and russia had the balls to nuke us for nuking north korea but not going to happen. YES IM ADVOCATING NUCLEAR WAR ON NORTH KOREA SO MANY MANY MANY more don't die in a dumb footbattle.

YOUR ALSO forgetting we could use cruise missiles and wipe north korea out it don't HAVE TO BE A NUKE.. We got missiles that would wipe them out WITH AN AIR BATTLE over any ground battle...

NUKE OR MISSILE THE CRAP OUT OF THEM duuuuuuuuuuuuuh
edit on 24-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join