It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Koreas on 'brink of war' because of Seoul, Pyongyang says'.brand new cnn article

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Apparently you dont know what we have at area 51 bwhahahahaah

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
reply to post by xavi1000

Apparently you dont know what we have at area 51 bwhahahahaah

Neither do you

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

hahahahaha very funny ..if you have some extraordinary peace of military then Talibans will not spanking your ass almost ten years

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by ker2010

hahahahaha very funny ..if you have some extraordinary peace of military then Talibans will not spanking your ass almost ten years

If we would just take off the gloves and stop fighting this war politically, with this nation building "wining hearts and minds" crap --- THEN the taliban wouldn't be spanking us.. If our only goal was death and destruction to our enemy it would be a different story - and you know this, but our hands are tied with this political correctness of trying to form nations and protect civilians while the enemy hides behind the women and children.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
asian nations, like russia can take huge amounts of casualities to win their cause.

if a u.s. soldier nicked his toe clipping his toe nails, there's already riots and calls to bring our troops home.

america is soft and relies on its technology to much, plus it's broke an couldn't take the finiancial burden of replacing a shot down f-22.

You guys don't seem to realize that Wall Street is located in NYC, which is located in the US. The people who own the world aren't going to allow anyone to disrupt profit making and taking, and a full-on war between the US and China would tank the entire world economy in a way that no one would make any money that wouldn't become useless currency within a short amount of time.

Besides, the USAF alone could eliminate N. Korea as a threat in a weekend if they decided to. The place is practically incapable of feeding its people, and a quick series of no-bullsh*t strategic unloads on the harbors, food storage, utility grids, and overland supply routes would cut the place off and seal it shut. Then, it'd only be a few months before they all start eating each other.

And China, China wouldn't f*cking dare screw around. The US citizen might be weak, but the US military brass is completely psychotic and can kill an entire country without even being in the same time zone.

China may have more soldiers, but that just translates into more corpses these days. If the US really went for it, the violence would terrify the entire human race, and most of the American population as well. No one knows how to kill like the professional US military.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fingersoup

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by ker2010

If we would just take off the gloves and stop fighting this war politically, with this nation building "wining hearts and minds" crap --- THEN the taliban wouldn't be spanking us.. If our only goal was death and destruction to our enemy it would be a different story - and you know this, but our hands are tied with this political correctness of trying to form nations and protect civilians while the enemy hides behind the women and children.

Not wanting to get this thread too far off track, but the Taliban ain't spanking anyone except their own monkey.

Hey, back to our regularly scheduled topic.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Easy, Tiger.

A fight with NK wouldn't be easy. Would the US win? Yeah, but it would be ugly.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Fingersoup

i was little joking ..i dont approve War in any form . Cmooooooon dude , we Humans are civilisation around 10000 years and we still didn't learn that wars and fights didnt lead to nothing .I learn that in 25 years
edit on 24-11-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

It is not yet inevitable.

The South has said that they will respond with considerable force if the North makes another move. That move, I think, would have to be either a shell landing on the soil of SK, or an attack on a vessel. It would be a clear provocation.

And because of this threat of retaliation, the South would have to do it or look weak.

The ball is now firmly in NK's court.

If (and it's a big If, because NK would have to be stupid to risk it) they did attack again, the South would probably attack the North in conjunction with the US forces in the region (the exercises).

NATO would also be involved along with Japan.

China would make a lot of worrying noises, but they don't really have anything to gain from defending NK in any way other than making statements. Their ties with NK might be better than any other country has, but the ties China has with the REST of the world are far more important to them. They would also have no justification for supporting NK if they have ignored the clear warning from SK.

It seems quite cut and dry IMO. If NK fires anything that lands on SK territory, or fires on any SK vessel, SK will attack with the help of their allies.
NK might then attack Seoul, but only as a desperate attempt to stop the inevitable mess they have gotten themselves into. And I don't believe that attack on Seoul would last very long, or do as much damage as we all fear.

I think the primary concern has been that NK would attack Seoul without warning, and therefore without the support of allies. But now, as we have allies moving in because of NK's rising tensions in the region, there is a greater chance that any attack on Seoul could be halted very quickly.

I don't fear too much for NK. Their population is very rural and sparse by the looks of things. Their casualties from an attack would be predominantly limited to military facilities (read: serves them right). Whereas, NK would actively target the civilian populations in SK.

I would hope that SK and her allies have calculated the power needed to completely destroy NK's capability correctly and are putting everything in place right now. This is what should be happening.
We need to make sure that, once it has begun, it is over very quickly. If NK is to be attakced defensively, or preemptively, it has to be thorough from the start,

That's my opinion based on what I know about NK. I'm not too savvy on their relationships with their neighbors, but that's how I think it would probably work out. And with the limited information we have on all the chaos that's really going on behind closed doors of course. You can bet there's a lot of discussion going on between China, the US, SK, Japan and Russia right about now.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
All this talk about Korea....
I'm starting to crave some Kimchi

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
NK's armies are trying to impress the incoming leader what better way then to show that they are willing to take on the "evil imperialists." in SK..This is just more pointless saber rattling just like we have been doing for years.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

asian nations, like russia can take huge amounts of casualities to win their cause.

if a u.s. soldier nicked his toe clipping his toe nails, there's already riots and calls to bring our troops home.

america is soft and relies on its technology to much, plus it's broke an couldn't take the finiancial burden of replacing a shot down f-22.

You guys don't seem to realize that Wall Street is located in NYC, which is located in the US. The people who own the world aren't going to allow anyone to disrupt profit making and taking, and a full-on war between the US and China would tank the entire world economy in a way that no one would make any money that wouldn't become useless currency within a short amount of time.

Besides, the USAF alone could eliminate N. Korea as a threat in a weekend if they decided to. The place is practically incapable of feeding its people, and a quick series of no-bullsh*t strategic unloads on the harbors, food storage, utility grids, and overland supply routes would cut the place off and seal it shut. Then, it'd only be a few months before they all start eating each other.

And China, China wouldn't f*cking dare screw around. The US citizen might be weak, but the US military brass is completely psychotic and can kill an entire country without even being in the same time zone.

China may have more soldiers, but that just translates into more corpses these days. If the US really went for it, the violence would terrify the entire human race, and most of the American population as well. No one knows how to kill like the professional US military.

Hate to break it to you pal, but you're entirely wrong.

Firstly, America finding itself involved in another War would be devasting and will further hasten your downfall.

Your USAF is the finest in the world, correct. However... stack up against other major nations and you'll be squashed. Quantity > Quality in this situation. For example your finest weapon, that being the F-22 Raptor can hold its own in a one vs. one. However if outnumbered by just one. It's gameover. Plus it's special ability that allows it to be stealth from enemy radar is now becoming a dead technology.

Your ARMY is probably one of the worst on the planet. If you didn't have the technology, your capabilities and skill on the battlefield would mimic that of a 3rd world country. Deny this you can not. The only thing that keeps it going is the constant technology injects and propaganda. Your Navy Seals can't even get the job done without calling in the SAS for backup.

So next time i urge you to think before calling the American military professional. They are decent at best.

On another note. I don't see a war taking place any time soon. No one will dare attack North Korea because of fear of nukes being launched in desperate retaliation.

edit on 24-11-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The North has now threatened more strikes on the South, with Pres. Lee Myung-Bak stating any such attacks would be considered an invasion of the South. Not to mention the U,S, Supercarrier George Washington en route with over 75 warplanes on deck, Chinese Foreign Min. has decided to cancel meeting in South Korea and it seems thing are moving more rapidly then expected. The South cannot and will not back down in the face of bullying by a dictator whom has chosen a Nuclear arsenal and a very twisted version of Communism that would make Karl Mark throw up his potato whiskey over the MILLIONS of starving civillians held prisoner in the North.

link   
The North has now threatened more strikes on the South, with Pres. Lee Myung-Bak stating any such attacks would be considered an invasion of the South. Not to mention the U,S, Supercarrier George Washington en route with over 75 warplanes on deck, Chinese Foreign Min. has decided to cancel meeting in South Korea and it seems thing are moving more rapidly then expected. The South cannot and will not back down in the face of bullying by a dictator whom has chosen a Nuclear arsenal and a very twisted version of Communism that would make Karl Mark throw up his potato whiskey over the MILLIONS of starving civillians held prisoner in the North.

link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

hmmm, You don't think another attack is gonna happen? NK is obviously not scared to go to war they've arguably sunk a battle ship and have shelled a SK Korean island, both of which are ballzy and an open act of hostility, now SK is a pussy nation IMO , if they I'd that to the unites states we'd be over there kicking ass as we speak. But I think NK wants war and I think there gonna get it. ESPECIALY if we cut off chinas supply..!

edit on 24-11-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

Firstly, America finding itself involved in another War would be devasting and will further hasten your downfall.

Your USAF is the finest in the world, correct. However... stack up against other multiple nations and you'll be squashed. Quantity > Quality in this situation. For example your finest weapon, that being the F-22 Raptor can hold its own in a one vs. one. However if outnumbered by just one. It's gameover. Plus it's special ability that allows it to be stealth from enemy radar is now a dead technology.

Your ARMY is probably one of the worst on the planet. If you didn't have the technology, your capabilities and skill on the battlefield would mimic that of a 3rd world country. Deny this you can not. The only thing that keeps it going is the constant technology injects and propaganda. Your Navy Seals can't even get the job done without calling in the SAS for backup.

So next time i urge you to think before calling the American military professional. They are decent at best.

On another note. I don't see a war taking place any time soon. No one will dare attack North Korea because of fear of nukes being launched in desperate retaliation.
Then why has noone stopped us while many have tried? I dont see anyone stepping to plate for a smack in the mouth by the U,S, Do you? What has your country done that makes you believe your superior?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wowsers

Originally posted by aRogue

Your USAF is the finest in the world, correct. However... stack up against other multiple nations and you'll be squashed. Quantity > Quality in this situation. For example your finest weapon, that being the F-22 Raptor can hold its own in a one vs. one. However if outnumbered by just one. It's gameover. Plus it's special ability that allows it to be stealth from enemy radar is now a dead technology.

Then why has noone stopped us while many have tried? I dont see anyone stepping to plate for a smack in the mouth by the U,S, Do you? What has your country done that makes you believe your superior?

Many have tried? Who's tried to stop you? A bunch of farmers with RPG's in caves? The Vietkong? Oh wait... they did. Step up against a Modern day super power and USA have no chance. They know this, which is why they're injecting in billions of dollars towards their space and military projects. Also, I don't recall ever saying something about my country about being superior.
edit on 24-11-2010 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Sorry Im just sick of hearing how our military is not strong enough from these people from outside the U.S. whom sit back as there country does little or nothing to combat these issues such as Nuclear Non-Proliferation or Proliferation of anti-aircraft weaponry to groups like the Haqqanni network whom is a close ally to our very Usama Bin Laden. The South must be taken as serious as the North when they say the will retaliate with enormous strikes if the North provokes. My question to you who underestimate our military might: where is your country during this time of crisis of epic proportions? If you dont fear our strength I know a 4 foot North Korean Dear Leader that does not want to taste it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I dont think it will.
If It was a major incident they wouldn’t have stopped to think about it, it would have happened before the initial strike made it to the TV screens.

I think the guessing is right, and that Nkorea is on the brink of economic collapse and they NEED more US/international aid/funding.

Which is why they are spinning up those centrifuges for Iran.

North Korea has a massive army, and they do have solid tanks and weapons, but Im pretty sure the first hour of combat would be ferocious and probably make a lot of the Nkorea soldiers surrender.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by belial259
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Comparison of North and South Korea military

Throw in the US, Japan, Australia possibly some others. How can North Korea win? Their military isn't very advanced and they can only get supplies from China. How long could they last in a real fight? They would certainly lose any hope of sea or air supremacy almost instantly, along with their naval and air forces.

Obviously the way to break the country is to stop supplies crossing the Chinese boarder one way or the other. China may be a powerful country but it simply doesn't have the naval capacity to stage a major breakout in the region as there are many island nations with powerful air forces in this region. They would have no choice but to cooperate. Or at least be seen to be cooperating.

Throw in all of those countries, and you have the start of WW3.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join