It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help me Identify this object

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
Try photographing the Moon at night?

Unfortunately the big factor in photographing Venus or any similar point of light is that shutter speed is going to come into play. Many of those claiming 'UFO' images at night are simply photographing points of light at a slow shutter speed. That light source will be the subject of camera shake and blur and not represent the true image.
True but isn't Venus a more accurate representation of what most people end up photographing when they photograph a UFO? From that standpoint, Venus is a better test subject if you want to photograph small lights in the sky.

The moon is so bright, if will make a faster shutter speed, then lead the tester to think "hey that setting worked and didn't blur so that's what I'll use", then the UFO comes along, it's not as bright, the picture is blurry. So the only thing the moon is a good test subject for, is for taking other pictures of the moon, or other objects equal in apparent size and brightness to the moon (which I think rules out just about every UFO photo or video I've ever seen which are always way smaller and dimmer than the moon).

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

very true, and thanks to all for their
help with this lesson on camera skills

It's appreciated.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
south east at 5:00 could make it Venus.

Well you DID know he knew it was Venus when he posted?

a weather balloon 3 stars

a light on a tree 1 star

to bright to be a plane to big to be a satellite. and seems mishalfpen for a planet 1 stars

Don't know what it is but I would have been very excited to catch that on film! 5 stars

but those single bright lights are simply planes 0 stars (no one likes the 'its a plane' theory)

But i don't think that's its a star or a planet, its too big. So we now have to assume that it is a Unidentified Flying Object.

I rule out planet or star. Also rule out lantern or bug zapper. It remains to be a UFO 2 stars

have to go with CE3K mothership 0 stars for the CGI explanation

genesis2 sat just before sunrise travelling west to east

Nice experiment

And why you guys want Phage? I mean doesn't he turn missiles into airplanes?

I think I captured Venus best wishes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 26-11-2010 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by TWILITE22
reply to post by boondock-saint

It looks like your classic UFO,you might try to see if it comes back in the following nights,from what I hear they don't just show up once.If indeed it is a ufo it seems they came to your area for a specific reason.Ya never know.........that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.

bro, I really don't think this is et related.
I think it can be explained away with
a reasonable explanation. However, I just
ain't 100% sure what that explanation is
at present.

Yes but real life really doesnt work this way, it works according to whatever the real truth is, irregardless of how many people find other "reasonable" explanations. If the long shot is the truth, then its the truth, no matter what. I just do lists of possibilities and probabilities well aware the most logical may not be the answer.

One thing I will add, is if this is ET, alot more happened than you remember that night. They don't just show up. Also our mind/perceptions to this matrix is like a dvd player, and they have the remote. Ie. stop time, do their checkup, return to normal, person isn't aware anything occurred.

Edit to add: What did you feel during the sitings? Where you aware of a subtle connection to the object?
edit on 26-11-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Ie. stop time,

They don't 'stop time' Lost time is a side effect of the drive system's high gravity field needed to warp space/time for the trip back home... and no not anti-gravity
. You get caught in the distortion field it will seem like time stopped from the outside world's point of view, but you wouldn't notice it It's all relative, according to Einstein

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well you DID know he knew it was Venus when he posted?

well no I didn't know for sure.
I did have suspicions that it might
have been Venus which is why
I said it. But suspicions is not
proof beyond a reasonable doubt.
Plus the fact that a lot of pics posted
in this forum get classified as Venus
so I was also expecting someone
to say it. Almost everything
posted in this forum gets labeled
Venus, whether it's Venus or not.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What did you feel during the sitings? Where you aware of a subtle connection to the object?

No connection to the object at all
that I could tell. I was just curious as to
what it was. I didn't feel anything
cept for curiosity.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The other question is concerning Venus, because I've seen this star a few times myself. It doesn't look like what you photographed, but, the camera can distort this I'm sure. However, from plain sight to the photograph, how much difference was there? Ie. was the object in the sky odd shaped on its own, and color different as well like that? Did it seem to move quickly behind the tree like you thought?

I'm saying this because we when we crafts they were much closer, and often went right over our roof, soundlessly, a few as low as 50 feet and under 100, and we could see under the light sometimes.

One was like a star that moved in, and sent me encouragement when I was feeling really down, then disappeared and it kind of stunned me when it happened.

Stars don't move like crafts.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Stars don't move like crafts.
Stars move very fast but they are so far away we can't see the movement from here, but lots of people have reported that Venus has followed them around (Even Buzz Aldrin, sort of) and people have reported stars moving too, this is one of the cases Hynek investigated:

www.artgomperz.com...

One night at midnight I found myself in a police car racing toward a reported
sighting. We had radio contact with other squad cars in the
area. "I see it" from one car, "there it is" from another, "it's
east of the river near Dexter" from a third. Occasionally even I
thought I glimpsed "it."

Finally several squad cars met at an intersection. Men spilled
out and pointed excitedly at the sky. "See--there it is! It's
moving!"

But it wasn't moving. "It" was the star Arcturus, undeniably
identified by its position in relation to the handle of the Big
Dipper. A sobering demonstration for me.

And don't forget about Autokinesis, which is probably what causes people to see stars move, so sometimes we DO see stars move.

That's why nobody believes us unless we have photos or videos of what happened.

edit on 26-11-2010 by Arbitrageur because: fix typo

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I tried making it more bright too bad its so low quality, we truly need the original image.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Your pictures look very interesting, I like it when someone comes here and leaves a picture with real credentials behind it, explain there camera and so on and having more then one picture to show, so great

It's funny how some people reply on these kind of threads just to say the same old reguirgitated nonsense you always here on here 'swamp gas, atmospheric changes, chinese lanterns... blah blah blah'

I know I had the same loonies come jump on me when I posted a thread a long time ago on a different account to this, they say the same things.

I actually saw something quite amazing myself, won't go into detail but It was basically a bright yellow sphere/orb in the sky above me, right where I live, my mum was also with me at the time and we watched this thing just stand there still, glowing. Then shortly after 'I ran for my phone camera and came back' it moved away and just like disappeared, faded out. It was strange.

Now. Your pictures to me do seem strange also. considering the first pictures where from the forest, then later above the skyline further away and you say you followed it. So this thing was moving.... A light, in the sky, that moves. That screams, something not your average science blabber can explain.

edit on 27-11-2010 by DenyStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

Very true the same debunkers will land on people harder than a hungry sumo wrestler in mating season.. And try to make the poster look like a fool with snide comments. I restrain from posting pictures i have shot due to that fact.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I believe your photos are of someone flying a kite or balloon with a chem lite type 22 inch or longer glow rod (necklace) attached. The color in the photo is right for a glow stick.
www.omniglow.com...
www.glowgranny.com...
www.glowstickfactory.com...
There are a large number of these products on the market and there are a number of teens that are finding they can be put on a number of flying objects from balloons, kites, RC aircraft, and flown at night.
When these people find that others are reporting them as UFOs more jokers are joining in on the fun.

One of these was used by a truck driver on a RC airplane to cause a number of UFO reports in the LA Calif area a few months ago.

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyStupidity

The OP has already said he thinks it was Venus, and the object looks like a "blob" in the pictures because of camera movement.

The object was a bright light sitting in the sky at the place that Venus should be. Venus is VERY bright right now, and if there was an object in that part of the sky AND Venus, he should have seen them both. It seems likely that it was Venus.

He wasn't chasing the object. The OP said he went to another location only after the object moved so it could not be seen well behind the trees (or he thinks it could have been a cloud) -- and yes, the position of Venus in the sky does move. He simply went this other area so he could get a better picture of the object without the trees being in the way.

edit on 11/28/2010 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join