It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Has A Mini Ice Age Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone Haywire!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We missed our fire season here in Southern California, I look forward to seeing Camp Pendleton burn every year, but it didnt happen this time. We got an absurd amount of rain though. It usually doesn't start to rain until about now, but it started in early Oct this year.

Oh well, maybe we'll get twice as much fire next year

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

You live in the second coldest place to live? Oh my god, I'm so sorry!

I live in western New York, its not the coldest place to live but it can get pretty nippie in the winter months. Especially for me because I did not grow up living up North. This year the weather has been very unusual. Spring set in too late and the birds came too early...the ground wasn't thawed yet. I remember being outside at work on my morning break, seeing a little red robbin hopping around and pecking at the frozen ground for food. It was sad. It reminded me of everything that's wrong with the world and it made me feel hopeless for that bird.

Then a few weeks later, spring came and it slowly got warm. I thought about that bird often over that time period and wondered if it ever found any food.

Besides that, the weather here has been end of the world style crazy! Seriously! The changes of degrees in temperature are completely different everyday. Its been really bizarre. It hasn't snowed and stuck to the ground at all and usually there's a crap ton of snow everywhere by now. Its just now, today getting cold. But not really...it was like 33f. I feel like there's something wrong with our planet... like seriously, something or a chain of events happened that's causing crazy and intense weather patterns...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
two terms people should look up:

El Nino
El Nina

they each have their turn at who rules the weather patterns.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Looks like Europe is in for trouble weather-wise. Next weekend, freezing temps, snow and maybe even storms at the same time. The Jet stream appears to have stopped or broken down over Europe.

Here in Denmark it is cold, but nothing bizzarre. Frankly rather have too hot than too cold.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
In the south, Texas, we are having WEIRD weather.

I'M TALKING QUANTUM PHYSICS WEIRD!

It's basically summer over here.(With school)

I was gonna say the same with Louisiana. Right now it should be cold. Every year around holloween I expect just at that time for the weather to get cold. From that point, it usually remains so for some time, with only minor changes for this season.

Right now, it's warm. Not only is it warm, but it's muggy warm. You can actually sweat sitting still right now, partially due to the humidity but mostly due to the lack of a cool breeze that we almost always have in effect at this time. I dont remember such a mild thanksgiving. At the same time, I've noticed headlines lately that are mentioning water levels falling around the globe from fresh water lakes to the dead sea. Global warming issues on planets we do not live on. Makes one wonder if this is just a simple flux that happens now and then, or if this is something to really take note of. I've been looking through the past many years worth of alminacs and as of yet, I'm not seeing the trend that usually takes place over many many years. No full circle to base this on.

Im expecting to see so much more come from this, and not only this but many other world problems. Brings the words "Birth Pangs" to mind. Alot of natural catastophies seem to be busting loose to become our norm. Lets just say, Yellowstone isnt a place Id like to be vacationing in right now.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by binomialtheorem
In the south, Texas, we are having WEIRD weather.

I'M TALKING QUANTUM PHYSICS WEIRD!

It's basically summer over here.(With school)

No doubt.. it got cold just long enough for my body to acclimate, then bam 70s and 80s again.. meh.

I am in Texas also. For the past few days my AC has been running like crazy, and now a blue northern will be knocking on our door tomorrow. Seriously I was running around in shorts and a tee today, tomorrow I will have to dress like Nanuk of the North.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oldgoat

Oldgoat my AC just shut off a few moments ago, at 12:30 AM! Still 74degrees and feels like a very muggy 78.

I wonder if this means we will get snow like we did last winter?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Or they'll just change their minds again: Stephen Schneider.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Yeah, I am in southern ontario, love to snowboard.

For the past year I have barely gotten any time on the slopes. Too little snow, then rain that'll freeze it over.

I don't know about you, but snowboarding on a steep mountain made of ice hurts sometimes.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Just to brag its going to be 82 here in florida tommorrow with a deep deep low of 68 =) You people can have your snow eat it piss in it i don't care im just glad there aint no snow in FLORIDA
edit on 25-11-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
the pole shift has begun but will take thousands of years to change..... I made a thread last year here it is

evidence of a possible GEOMAGNETIC REVERSAL pole shift!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 25-11-2010 by jumpingbeanz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was based on the book "The Coming Global Super Storm" by Art Bell(yes that Art Bell) and Whitley Strieber(yes that Whitley Strieber) in the mid-90's. Lord whatever is way behind the curve. Wake up and do your homework. This is all ancient news.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz
The pole shift CAN take thousands of years but it can also happen in just a few hours. Don't be a troll and present the government lie only. Do more than quote the brain dead research of others. I don't have time to educate you but just look up "sudden pole shift"

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This is really important.. and the news is widening on this issue... It seems that Spain will be effected as the JS now is looping there..

Jet Stream Gone Haywire! "Significant" Snow Falls for Europe Predicted by Mid-Week
www.sott.net...

Here is an extra link on the Europe side..
Comment: Looks like Europe is in for trouble weather-wise. Next weekend, freezing temps, snow and maybe even storms at the same time. The Jet stream appears to have stopped or broken down over Europe. Check out the images.. inside.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I've lived in Vancouver, British Columbia for 10 years now and this had to be the coldest start to winter yet. We had an Arctic Outflow that really dropped the temps and gave the city one of it's earliest dumps of snow in a long time. We've got snowfall warnings up right now for tomorrow and as I type it's starting to snow. It's unusual for the city to have snow stay on the ground but the last few years have seen more snow. Except when we needed it during the Winter Olympics 2010. I was up at Cypress Mountain today and man there is a good amount of snow but that windchill was brutal on the chairlift. Living near the ocean you get a damp cold so even though it's only -3 it feels more like -10c and add the windchill to it.

In terms of Climate Change and our strange weather patterns, I would say we've been entering the ice age for a few decades now. Ice core data shows that right before the big cool-down the climate goes through the extremes. Really hot summers to really cold winters. I believe that manmade greenhouse gases have only delayed the Ice Age onset.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/112e52a261e9.png[/atsimg]

This image is of ice core data taken from Vostok, Antarctica and shows the last 450 000 years. I'm sure you've all seen it before. However, if you look at the blue graph(temperatures) for our current period(last 100 years or so) you'll see that temperatures have stayed up much longer than the last 4 cycles while CO2 is about the same. I've heard reading the various 2012 theories that our solar system travels in a SINE wave like pattern bobbing up and down towards the galactic plane and that the Mayan's believed that every 5th oscillation we cross the plane(I may have that wrong,feel free to correct me).

In my non-scientific opinion it is this relationship that causes our climate changes. If the ice core data is correct it would seem we have a large cycle of approx 125 000 - 140 000 years where the change is severe and then inside that cycle we have smaller ones of approx. 25 000 - 35 000years were the climate rebounds a little and then another smaller ice age. Rebounds a little more, small Ice age until we get to the position we are in right now. The END of the larger cycle and the start of a major change restarting the Large cycle.

I hope that makes sense. While I don't think everyone should start driving big SUV's burning all our forests and starting tire fires everywhere to help prevent the next Ice Age because that won't work. Mother Nature will balance things out on her own and us meddling with that process will only make things worse for the future.

Just my theory on all the strange happenings. I'm probably wrong but several things always bugged me about the climate change debate.

1. They seemed only to focus on Earth and never even considered what space weather might do to our climate.

2. The Sun has a profound effect on our weather also

3. We have large volumes of salt water circulating around the planet. Some believe this affects our magnetic shield as the water circulating induces a current(electrical)

4. The changes in our magnetic shield itself(NASA announcing that the shield has 3 large holes in it allowing more cosmic radiation to enter)

It's late here in BC so I'll leave it at that. Just some of my observations on the matter.

Since ATS has gotten a little harry lately I'll add this disclaimer

I'M NOT A SCIENTIST, CLIMATOLOGIST, ASTROPHYSICIST, ASTRONOMER, ANCIENT CULTURE EXPERT, METEOROLOGIST, ETC.

The above is just my opinion, take it for what it is.

The above disclaimer is for all the trolls that have popped up on this site over the years

edit on 25-11-2010 by DEEZNUTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I thought this might give a look into the changing temp around the world. I noticed that some of the extreems that took place in my area hasnt taken place for litteraly 100 years. There are probably better info out around the net, but I figure this might be a good place to start. Seems like we may be on some sort of 50 year cycle, so the weather really isnt all that chaotic. There is a pattern to it after all. As history repeats itself, so does the weather every "cycle" of 50 to 100 years from one extreem to the next.

Almanac

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
i think it is very difficult to make an informed judgement on the matter. Yes it feels like it is going to be a cold winter.. But that is as far as I will go with it..
kx

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
will someone post some information / forecasts from the only reliable authority on this....

i mean the "Farmers Almanac" ... which has a secret algorithm of factors for the forecasting of weather conditions some 6-12 months in advance,..(and this was way before the El Nino & La Nina were accepted as weather factors)

i'll bet that the present weather anomalies were predicted before they became apparent in 2010,
and thus became thread worthy

edit on 25-11-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
two terms people should look up:

El Nino
El Nina

they each have their turn at who rules the weather patterns.

La Nina

And thats what is affecting the jetstream at the moment

And if anyone is interested, you can see the jetstream locations here. There is nothing abnormal about them from what I can see

squall.sfsu.edu...

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52

Originally posted by monkey_descendant

Originally posted by win 52
This would explain why the Jews moved from central Europe to Egypt, 5 thousand years ago. I guess all the fighting around Israel trying to re-establish a base in the middle of Palestine is warranted. They want a base of operations for future ice ages, just like their ancestors did.

Interesting. Do you have a source for this?

Which part?
Where did the Jewish people come to Egypt from? Poland and Europe.
Why did they go there? Times were pretty rough back home. Some people stuck it out, but many went South for the winter.

Making up a big story about being given land by God? Makes more sense that they didn't want to go back to the cold. Now, I may sound like I hate some people but that is far from the truth. I just disprove of lies and liars.

The way History is taught, is false and they know the truth about the matter. The cover up is so old and deep that most of the world believes these lies as facts. Most people would be shocked if they knew the stark truth of the matter as to what we are doing here in the first place.

This part. Can you provide a reliable source so that I can confidently read about this information myself?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join