It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! Has A Mini Ice Age Just Begun? The Jet Stream Has Gone Haywire!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Just wanted to add that my reason for even noticing the weird weather patterns this year has nothing to do with global warming theories or jet streams or ice ages or conspiracies, etc. It's a totally unbiased annoyance with the weather due to the fact that I have bad allergies, and when the weather gets whacky like this, with the temps being cold one day and hot the next, it kills me (exaggerating, but still). It's really bad and effects my ability to fall asleep and stay asleep, which then effects my whole day. The allergy attacks I get at "normal" times of the year, which are "normally" very predictable to the seasons, due to weather or pollen type issues, came at totally different times this year. I wish it would either just get cold or stay hot. MAKE UP YOUR MIND, WEATHER!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by wcitizen

I have heard nothing of a polar shift. Where did you get this?

There is a lot of info on this subject out there. The North Magnetic Pole is slowly drifting across the Canadian Arctic. The Geological Survey of Canada keeps track of this motion by periodically carrying out magnetic surveys to redetermine the Pole's location. The most recent survey determined an updated position for the Pole and established that it is moving approximately northwest at 40 km per year and accelerating right now.

Check THIS out!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thought I would show some comparative imagery of the jet stream from squall.sfsu.edu...

Nov 24 2010 North Atlantic

Nov 24 2009 North Atlantic

Nov 24 2010 USA

Nov 24 2009 USA

edit on 11-24-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Here...try this:

Mega-Flood Triggered Cooling 13,000 Years Ago: Scientists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could have bearing on current climate trends.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

The last recorded mini ice age was here and in Europe when US was becoming a nation and Washington was crossing the Delaware, our climate is changing and has nothing to do with global warming, but more so with the way the earth move in its axis and the sun.

No always we had winters during the months we have gotten so used to in our lives times, weather change and we are witnessing how this is happening in our life time.

Winters will slowly be moved from those familiar months to other months where spring is now expected and likewise our falls will be moving more into what is now winter months.

Totally natural cycles of the earth.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Thought I would show some comparative imagery of the jet stream from squall.sfsu.edu...

Nov 24 2009 USA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17d33c165e27.gif[/atsimg]

Awesome Post!!

You just totally debunked this silly theory!

As you can clearly see there are variations but this is to be expected within a chaotic system, but the trend is clearly not blip territory as would appear the OP is claiming.

Nice one

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Nov 24 2009 USA
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17d33c165e27.gif[/atsimg]

Awesome Post!!

You just totally debunked this silly theory!

As you can clearly see there are variations but this is to be expected within a chaotic system, but the trend is clearly not blip territory as would appear the OP is claiming.

Nice one

Korg.

I'm not sure which theory you're trying to debunk? These diagrams actually support the evidence I was referring too that is widely available. There is no question that the Jet Stream is acting oddly, the information you should be focused on is what caused this & does it have a cyclical pattern. We have no record of this anomaly in todays books but that's not to say it didn't happen 500 years ago.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

um... how did I debunk it? Dunno about a new ice age, but the images show for a fact that the Jet Stream is differant than last year, it is much further south in Europe... and it is broken up to hell and back.

This might be normal, I dunno, but it doesn't look much like a "stream" anymore..

However, a really good excecise is to go to the archive page I linked and run an animation using historical data...a single snap shot in time is not too telling.
edit on 11-24-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This really helps to support the ol' pole shift theory or is it they'll blame this on the Gulf oil spill now?

Has Gore 'global warming goon' been briefed on this I wonder?

I also believe Webbot predicted this too.

Man, people just don't know what to believe anymore.
One day they have us believing the poles are melting and we're in for some major flooding and now, an ice age.

Yup, I trust these scientists when it comes to 'off Earth' theories. They sure know what's happening here on Earth now don't they (insert sarcasm here)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Velicovski's flood
there are whole ISLANDS in the arctic made from crushed animals
in northern Siberia.
Apparently they were swept there from off of the steppes in a gigantic flood, and deposited in huge smashed heeps and frozen ever since aprox 12,000 years ago.
Glad I learned of Velikovski in a book and not on the internet.

Whole mastodons were frozen which the experts say must have happened at below 140 degF.
From buttercup weather to almost absolute zero in a couple of chews and still frozen and edible to day.
www.s8int.com...

Save me al gore, save me
I'll pay you what every you want.....after

not much of a streem there
standing wave patterns that trap the arctic air which is moving laterally

to add to my post above
in south america there was a sudden aprox 2,100 foot rise at the same time 12,000 years ago

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: ooops edit to add the post above part.... two threads at once

edit on 24-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Have we not had a lot of natural occurances this year? Volcanoes? Earthquakes? It would seem to me although I am not by any means an expert in this field of research but...Lets just face it, it's been an odd year as far as I can REMEMBER in my lifetime. In all probability if you were to have lived for the past 200,000 years you would simply say, I remember a time like this.

Regards.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRemedial

Have we not had a lot of natural occurances this year? Volcanoes? Earthquakes? It would seem to me although I am not by any means an expert in this field of research but...Lets just face it, it's been an odd year as far as I can REMEMBER in my lifetime. In all probability if you were to have lived for the past 200,000 years you would simply say, I remember a time like this.

Regards.

Absolutely, there is no denying it has been a crazy year and there is a distinct possibility that these anomalies are part of repeating pattern. My question is; what is the next part of the pattern? What causes this to happen?
and...Does it have anything to do with Win 52's comment ?

According to a few, this is what we will see. There is also evidence that the past Ice Ages began rather abruptly. This would explain why the Jews moved from central Europe to Egypt, 5 thousand years ago. The severity of the Ice Ages were dependent on the addition of cometary impact scenarios, in conjunction with or resulting in the mini Ice Ages. The Gulf disaster could have been a man made attempt at cometary impact, possibly?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Well this is anecdotal evidence, I know, but it's already snowing in Scotland where I am...we're exepcting -7 to -10 this weekend, and 4 inches of snow tomorrow, maybe more. This is *really* early for us, but it happened last year too. I can't ever remember another year, let alone two in a row, when the snow started in November. Usually it's well into the new year, perhaps February or March even, before the big snow arrives. Something, somewhere has shifted, and it looks like time to stock up and settle in for the long haul. We had 5 months of this last year.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

um... how did I debunk it? Dunno about a new ice age, but the images show for a fact that the Jet Stream is differant than last year, it is much further south in Europe... and it is broken up to hell and back.

Of course it's different, it’s a chaotic system

It's because the weather patterns are a chaotic system. It takes a huge super computer just to try and predict the next 7 days...

Met office unveils UK's most powerful supercomputer (but admits it may still get weather forecasts WRONG)

It was switched on this week but will take a staggering two MONTHS to fully boot-up. At peak performance it will perform 1,000 billion calculations per second, but this will not be reached until 2011. The Met Office says the machine will improve day-to-day forecasting but will still not guarantee accuracy. But it will help save millions of lives by predicting long-term patterns in global warming and forecasting extreme weather events such as typhoons and hurricanes.

Face it, your data proves that the overall direction of the stream over the few images you posted are on a trend that does not have a huge deviation or swing compared to each other.

Yes the jet stream is lower but it was this low at the same time back in 1993.

You can't come to a firm conclusion such as it's the start of a new ice age unless you have a range of relational data to compare to, and even then due to the chaotic nature of weather patterns you still can't predict with all certainty.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

we can find out weather patterns which date back around 800,000 years using ice cores which provides quite accurate data about ice ages and warm periods. Our historical data is short but is inaccurate at the same time so its not the best place to source evidence from.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
How do you post Breaking News!
Followed by a question?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by wcitizen
This information isn't breaking, it has been around for months.

It may be the case. We will see, however there are other factors affecting the weather - including the shift in the poles which is going on. I don't know if solar flares can affect it too - 'cos we're being bombarded with them too. Not to mention human weather wars, which I personally believe is not just a theory....and chemtrails. I guess we can take our pick!

Sadly, when we treat our wonderful mother earth like a garbage can, we can expect to reap the consequences sooner or later.

I would agree that the Gulf Loop stall is old news, however; the Jet Stream anomalies and freezing temperatures in Europe are certainly recent developments. The most alarming aspect is that these changes were predicted by several leading climatologists back in August!

Well, the jet stream news has been around for a few weeks - not exactly breaking news today, and as you say, has been predicted for several months. I do sometimes wonder whether it was done intentionally.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
According to a few, this is what we will see. There is also evidence that the past Ice Ages began rather abruptly. This would explain why the Jews moved from central Europe to Egypt, 5 thousand years ago. I guess all the fighting around Israel trying to re-establish a base in the middle of Palestine is warranted. They want a base of operations for future ice ages, just like their ancestors did.

It also seems that the severity of the Ice Ages were dependent on the addition of cometary impact scenarios, in conjunction with or resulting in the mini Ice Ages. The Gulf disaster could have been a man made attempt at cometary impact, possibly?

Interesting. Do you have a source for this?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
in central texas and we have our a/c on right now (80 and humid). It's supposed to drop to freezing tomorrow though

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKmonster

we can find out weather patterns which date back around 800,000 years using ice cores which provides quite accurate data about ice ages and warm periods. Our historical data is short but is inaccurate at the same time so its not the best place to source evidence from.

Great point! Thank you for bringing this up. Antarctic ice core samples going back 400,000 years show significant global events occurring approximately every 3600 years or so...based on this information, we're due for another

Check out this amazing graph HERE

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join