It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US aircraft carrier heads to Korean peninsula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   

US aircraft carrier heads to Korean peninsula

www.jpost.com

The USS George Washington, an aircraft carrier carrying 75 warplanes and a crew of over 6,000, shipped out towards Korean waters on Wednesday. According to US officials in Seoul, the carrier left Japan and was expected to join naval exercises with South Korea next week.

US Forces Korea pointed out in a statement that while the exercises were "planned well before yesterday's unprovoked artillery attack, it demonstrates the strength of the ROK (South Korea)-US alliance and our commitment to regional stability through deterrence," emphasizing that the exercise was defensive in nature, accor
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.cnbc.com

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I am aware that there is already a thread running on the Korean incident, but not sure if anyone has brought this up or not, but it smells very fishy and runs in line with the military running drills at the same time an "incident" takes place. Again having a drillof some sort that coincides with all what is happening and the odds of it seem very suspicious to me...What did they know in advance?

Mods, apologies if this has been covered, please delete.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Wait till they start war games. You think Kim is that ill to fool around agian.

I think not. We will slap the snot out of that kid.

One well placed low yeild EMP and it is all no electricity no responce. Back to the stone age you go. Back up generators dont work do they you tool.

LTSHTF

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
i thought it was a case of the north koreans knew this was going t ohappen and yesterdays skirmish was more aimed at protests of this happening

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Who ever created that little fire breather... I love it.

Love it love it love it

RB

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just as the article says it is part of ongoing exercises that have been going on with south Korea and the US for ages...It just happens to be at an intense time for NK and SK but I would say that this time the Exercises should be put on hold as this could be considered an antagonistic move by the US ...and maybe just keeping the vessels on standby would be more appropriate but goverments are not known for using common sense now are they...flexing their so called muscle at the expense of global stability has not always been the policies of goverment as it might make them look weak rather than showing some sort of Diplomatic integrity.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Correct me if im wrong...bit was it Baba Vanga..who predicted that WW111 would start in november 2010..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Correct me if im wrong...bit was it Baba Vanga..who predicted that WW111 would start in november 2010..

You are absolutely correct lol

2nd line

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
well he only has a few days left to be right then,it will all back down. hate how the royals got headline news with the bbc . this is far more important

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

SF thanks for the heads up. I hate war, but Bush should have blasted Kim instead of Sadam. The people of North Korea are brainwashed and isolated while Kim sits around enjoying things that he forbids the populous from enjoying. Tens of thousands are imprisoned for nothing and families are torn apart for no reason. I cannot wait for the country of North Korea to be liberated from that idiot. The sad thing is that so many of the N. Korean people are so brainwashed that they might hate the U.S. for centuries to come if we invade.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack

Baba Vanga was a Bulgarian alleged clairvoyant. She convinced many followers that she possessed paranormal abilities.

Predictions:

2010 – World War III. War will begin in November 2010 and end in October 2014. Will begin as usual, then nuclear will be used initially, and then chemical weapons.

2011 – As a result of the fallout of nuclear fallout in the northern hemisphere will not be any animals or vegetation. Then Muslims will wage war against chemical surviving Europeans.

lighthead.wordpress.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
BabbA vagga is irrelavent

www.nytimes.com...

from the times

new topics

top topics

join