It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Priest tries to hire hitman to kill teen he raped at gunpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
And yet the Catholic church still finds ordaining female priests a more objectionable offense.

A Catholic priest, facing criminal charges and a lawsuit alleging that he sexually abused a teenage boy, is now charged with attempting to hire someone to kill the youth, authorities said Tuesday.

The Rev. John M. Fiala was in the Dallas County, Texas, jail on Tuesday, charged with one count of criminal solicitation to commit capital murder, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety and the jail's website. He also is charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child. His bail totals $700,000.

Will the Catholic Church defrock him? Will they denounce him? Will they do anything but stand up for him?

Well, nope. I guess that's a conspiracy to protect the sort of person that would hire a person to kill a person he previously raped.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

SF I wonder if there are such cases with Baptist Preachers.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I renounced my Catholocism long ago.

Keep getting reminders (such as this), that I made the right decision.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I certainly do not condone the actions of the Church in not abolishing known child molesters but I have to ask; If the Catholic Church is the super powerful entitiy with such secret knowings and endless resources driven by Evil that so many think, Wouldn't they just silence every case that comes to light? Why let these individuals face public scrutiny? Its unfortunate for the innocent, no doubt, but my belief is that this on a individual level and that the course the Church needs to take is a very stringent screening policy before being accepted into the clergy. Batteries of tests (psychological) need to be preformed with complete surrender of privacy all the way to the point of being ordained. Humility is certainly a form of pennance and the Church needs to not protect a single abuser.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Zippidee

When you look at the prevalence of the child-abuse problem within the Catholic church, and at the enormous effort that it has gone to to keep these cases hushed up, no, it's not just a problem with a few individuals within the church.

Are you aware of the role the present pope has taken for many years, before he became pope, to keep the scandal hidden and the offending priests safe?
He got his reward from the church.

At best this is a deep seated problem within the church culture, with the ministry attracting paedophiles because it gives them opportunities to offend in relative safety.

At worst, it is something much blacker even than that.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
I certainly do not condone the actions of the Church in not abolishing known child molesters but I have to ask; If the Catholic Church is the super powerful entitiy with such secret knowings and endless resources driven by Evil that so many think, Wouldn't they just silence every case that comes to light? Why let these individuals face public scrutiny? Its unfortunate for the innocent, no doubt, but my belief is that this on a individual level and that the course the Church needs to take is a very stringent screening policy before being accepted into the clergy. Batteries of tests (psychological) need to be preformed with complete surrender of privacy all the way to the point of being ordained. Humility is certainly a form of pennance and the Church needs to not protect a single abuser.

The white Popes have not been in power since the Jesuits overthrew thier rule viz Napoloen - since then it has been the NWO in power, like-wise the freemasons are no longer the force they were - it is like a snake that sheds it's skin every now and then!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Well, there's a reason I don't think that they're a superpowerful entity. They're just a very large organization with a lot of resources that has a lot more corruption within it than the average institution and likes to hold itself up above the law.

It can no more squash these stories before they come out that it can control any other information that isn't related to its own finances.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
"Gay man tries to hire hitman to kill teen he raped at gunpoint."

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenBeans

...yeah, because adding homophobia to this is really going to help anything.

The issue here is that this man belongs to a religious institution that leaves children in the care of individuals who then abuse this responsibility.

This man clearly has issues. He may have many regarding his own sexuality, as the Catholic church has repressed homosexuals for just about two thousand years.

But thanks for adding unneeded homophobia.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I understand the view you take (previous posters). You have every right to formulate your own conclusions. There is such a shortage of priests within the faith, I think this leads to less than perfect guidelines for becomming a priest. With a Religion 1 billion strong there is a huge need for clergymen. I don't condone one ounce of harbouring that takes place and like I said there needs to be greater screening tactics to sort out the would be offenders. For me the faith is deeply rooted in old school traditions and I try to adhere to those guidlines and take the sacrements as seriously as possible. With that said I'm a human being and without Grace I would fail at every turn. Often times I do fail in the things that if I had asked the Almighty for guidance on I would have pulled through. I do not believe that the Church is a pedophile factory, using its towering existence for pedophile, homosexual production line. I do think that dark forces have infiltrated the Church but that there is still a core based on the sanctity of the Holy Trinity. I guess similar analogies could be made in other religions, polotics, the education system and so on. No! This does not justify the atrocity in anyway but it may lend credence to the "individuality" of the situation. Just like I believe that homosexuality is a genetic condition not influenced by outside factors, I believe the atrocity that takes place among offending Priests is a psychosis of some sort. Now, outside factors may contribute to the acceptance of homosexuality and the practice of such and at the same time using the guise of the Church may also lend towards those offensive individuals seeking Priesthood. This is the Dark Forces I refer to.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Zippidee because: spelling and grammar

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
...yeah, because adding homophobia to this is really going to help anything.

What's homphobic about it?

The issue here is that this man belongs to a religious institution that leaves children in the care of individuals who then abuse this responsibility.

I know and I think it's terrible, but the same thing happens in public schools etc. etc.

This man clearly has issues. He may have many regarding his own sexuality, as the Catholic church has repressed homosexuals for just about two thousand years.

Many priests are gay.
edit on 24-11-2010 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
In the eyes of the Church it is not a sin to be "gay". It is a sin to practice homosexuality. Hence abstenance.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

He's only been charged with these offences. People are still considered innocent until proven guilty in the US.

It is unreasonable to expect the Catholic Church to do anything until these charges have been resolved, just as it would be unreasonable for any other employer to discipline someone who's only been charged with criminal offences.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Worse it isn't just the church(es)
The highest concentration of pedos is in the cps in texas.
it seems logical that they would gravitate to where the prey is.
Then as predators gradually become the administration,
they create a culture of the "safety of shared crimes."
the protestant church in Canada was responsible for one third of the residential schools.
so it isn't just the Catholics.

The churches here were paid TAX dollars to commit what is billed as one of the worst genoicides ever because it was against children.

Then there is the franklin savings and loan scandle and the connection to boys town.

this like 911 is one hell of a rabit hole.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Re Madnessinmysoul

I think there is a very relevant and close example on how doctrines override common sense (for nitpickers: Co-sensus), any kind of 'natural ethics' (e.g. compassion, utilitarian ethics) and standard legal concepts.

This 9-year old South American girl who was repeatedly raped by her stepfather (as was also the case with her younger sister), became pregnant with twins, according to medical opion would have died if giving birth and consequently had an abortion.

I must emphasize very strongly, that my issue here ISN'T pro/contra abortion, it isn't even about murder (abortion) being a 'greater sin' than rape, it's about what happened afterwards and about the sophistery and stupidity of doctrine application.

As most readers probably remember, the girl's mother (consenting to the abortion) and the doctor(s?) performing it, were excommunicated, while the stepfather was not. Personally I think this is a good example of 'why not to be a christian', but people make their choices.

What is often lost as being important in this situation is, that while all the small print and sophistery can be endless debated on doctrinal grounds, anyone (except a fundie-christian) can see, that the REAL murderer is the father; either of the stepdaughter OR of the twins. Probably either psychotic, psychopath or retarded, but nonetheless the supposedly adult in a situation, a 9-year old only can be the passive and defenseless victim of. This, for all practical purposes murderer (except that he didn't hold the knife in the abortion), went free, while the victims were punished (if excommunication can be said to be a punishment).

This clearly shows the church(es) attitude: "Oh well, rape is bad, but not THAT bad".

And the responsibility for the consequences of rape is not the rapist's, but the victim's (or those who care for the victim).

I think that this example of the church(es) out-of-this-world attitudes, as well as the subject of this thread and the general clergy-pedophile hushing up by religious authorities, demonstrates the rottenness at the heart of many churchly organizations, where idiotic value-systems have higher status than anything else, where the clergy and church-authorities give themselves privileges and where the more reasonable part of the message of the alleged Jesus (e.g. compassion) is a joke.
edit on 24-11-2010 by bogomil because: typos

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

"Oh well, rape is bad, but not THAT bad".

Wrong. Rape is a Mortal sin classified as Murder under the examination of the conscious. However, it is a sin that is forgivable as long as the remorse is true and the pennance carried out. Also, mental illness reduces the culpability of the sin. Certain conditions must be met for the sin to be a Mortal sin.

I am not trying to make your post void. It is very awkward the way the church looks at that non-typical type of abortion. It is the sanctity of life that is the real issue for the Church and they will not sway from it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The reason the Pope and Christians deteste condoms and abortion is so that they can use that as a vice to rack up the numbers of their awful religion that has ruined many peoples lives throughout history.

People in religion more obedient to pro-life agendas means they can reproduce an offspring more likely to submit to the religion.

What an awful awful awful thing religion is, when will we see an end to this madness?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

The reason the Pope and Christians deteste condoms and abortion is so that they can use that as a vice to rack up the numbers of their awful religion that has ruined many peoples lives throughout history.

People in religion more obedient to pro-life agendas means they can reproduce an offspring more likely to submit to the religion.

What an awful awful awful thing religion is, when will we see an end to this madness?

You are entitled to that opinion and I do not harbor bad feelings towards you for it. But, don't stop there, The Church also condems "the pill", IUD's, Diaphragms, Gels, Onanaism etc., I see it differently though I see it as protecting what only God should decide.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Zippidee because: more to add

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

and what does God decide? God decide's exactly what man tells him to decide or describes him to decide. Should i listen to Allah? Hmmm is pork a sin? should i listen to Yahweh? kill babies, enslave people.

Your statements adds to the merit of my point.

Religious leaders oppose family planning, because if they do, people who are religious will listen because they think it's "God's word" and therefore are more likely to reproduce obedient offspring of the religion.

It's a tool to spread religion. It may sound like they are just people who care about life, but they don't care that the child may grow up to suffer hence the reason for the abortion.

Christian leaders don't use reason or rationality, it doesn't fit their God agenda.

Funnily enough, the pope just done a complete U-Turn and changed the word of God as easy as that, now he's saying condoms are ok in some circumstances.

Basically, he's realised people hate him for saying condoms are worse than aids.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

and what does God decide? God decide's exactly what man tells him to decide or describes him to decide. Should i listen to Allah? Hmmm is pork a sin? should i listen to Yahweh? kill babies, enslave people.

Your statements adds to the merit of my point.

Religious leaders oppose family planning, because if they do, people who are religious will listen because they think it's "God's word" and therefore are more likely to reproduce obedient offspring of the religion.

It's a tool to spread religion. It may sound like they are just people who care about life, but they don't care that the child may grow up to suffer hence the reason for the abortion.

Christian leaders don't use reason or rationality, it doesn't fit their God agenda.

Funnily enough, the pope just done a complete U-Turn and changed the word of God as easy as that, now he's saying condoms are ok in some circumstances.

Basically, he's realised people hate him for saying condoms are worse than aids.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join