It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Diplomatic Cable Dump Reportedly Imminent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Just In - WikiLeaks Diplomatic Cable Dump Reportedly Imminent

www.wired.com

The Pentagon warned lawmakers on Tuesday that WikiLeaks’ long-expected release of thousands of classified U.S. diplomatic cables could come as soon as Friday, according to a report from Bloomberg.

The cables “touch on an enormous range of very sensitive foreign policy issues,” according to an e-mail from Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs Elizabeth King to the Senate and House Armed Services Committees quoted in the report.
(visit the link for the full news article)

WikiLeaks: To Release 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs.
edit on 11/24/2010 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So the Pentagon seems to be on the edge with the next leaks of information.

Back in January, The Reykjavik cable that Wikileaks published was described as a test.

Manning described that single leak as a “test.” The full database, he wrote, would have significant impact.

With the recent talks about this upcoming leak being 7x more than the Iraqi War Logs it's bound to have some impact.

I'm not 100% sure what position this will put the United States in. I live in the US, and am a proud American, and also all for seeking the truth, but to a certain point.

I just don't want this to turn ugly. I could see the United States being split up.

“Everywhere there’s a U.S. post, there’s a diplomatic scandal that will be revealed,” he wrote. “It’s open diplomacy. World-wide anarchy in CSV format. It’s Climategate with a global scope, and breathtaking depth. It’s beautiful, and horrifying.”

www.wired.com

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned, if it needs to be hidden, its probably meant to kill people.

So, without further ado, Wikileaks, please take the stage and demolish it. A new generation of politics is coming to town.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Maybe we'll see secret messages that the White House sent to the Soviet Union during the cold war/cuban missile crisis... to Mao... ect...

Maybe we'll have proof that lots of leaders were put in countries by the US...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If all of these statements are true, then the possibilities are endless. The things that could come out would really change the world, and I hope that's what it is. All the jerkoffs who think that America has a benevolent government would finally have to accept the truth. It's so hard not to get extremely excited for someone to blow the top off of everything, and I'm trying not to. If we're let down it's going to be that much worse.

I love my country and I served my country. I do not approve of the way we operate, as it is a far cry from our principles. That's why I hope this is substantial information, so we can get back to the roots of our country.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oozii

So the Pentagon seems to be on the edge with the next leaks of information.

Back in January, The Reykjavik cable that Wikileaks published was described as a test.

Manning described that single leak as a “test.” The full database, he wrote, would have significant impact.

With the recent talks about this upcoming leak being 7x more than the Iraqi War Logs it's bound to have some impact.

I'm not 100% sure what position this will put the United States in. I live in the US, and am a proud American, and also all for seeking the truth, but to a certain point.

I just don't want this to turn ugly. I could see the United States being split up.

“Everywhere there’s a U.S. post, there’s a diplomatic scandal that will be revealed,” he wrote. “It’s open diplomacy. World-wide anarchy in CSV format. It’s Climategate with a global scope, and breathtaking depth. It’s beautiful, and horrifying.”

www.wired.com

the way i see it, is that the truth would be revealed with this leak, and the truth apparently is very ugly. still, the truth is the truth, and we should have nothing more and nothing less. if truth is what divides the nation, then i see this leak as necessary for our country, to force us all to sit back and revalue not our currency or our foreign policies, but our hearts, our morals, and our principles. this should not divide the people unless the division is of people and their government, and i see nothing wrong with that, considering the people already are. this leak is necessary, and i hope the american people will choose to stand for justice and truth even if it comes at a discomfort, because one way or another, whether you choose to remain ignorant or not, this country will be shaken down to its core foundations, and people will have to decide what kind of country they will construct on top of it. the same country full of deceit, false hopes and false comfort, or one of truth, charity, freedom and justice for ALL.

- bows and exits with hail to the chief playing in the background -

edit on 24-11-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
whats that you say? still not released?

less hype.

more action.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I use to defend WikiLeaks but I agree with you. They need to just release the information instead of dangling it infront of people like bait.

In saying that though, this is the Pentagon hyping it - not Wikileaks.
edit on 24/11/10 by Nventual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Well.. they have to build some hype in case the MSM buries the story. It's advertising. They are advertising while they are going through the info, not editing to push an agenda, but maybe for the safety of certain people. That's responsible. On advertising though, if they posted ads with the date of the release how hokey would that be? Definitely not help their cred.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I'm also wary and watchful when it comes to wiki leaks, but the nature of what they're supposedly doing would make this kind of hyping necessary.

I am intrigued by the statement that this release would "redefine our global history", especially considering that's it's now been linked with foreign policy. I've heard it suggested here several times that the US has somehow prevented other countries from going public about "the truth about aliens".

Of course, it could be any number of things, but to be honest, if we are about to get David Wilcox's long awaited disclosure, but from Wikileaks instead of Obamarama, it'll not actually make me any more certain of Wikileak's impartiality or reputation. Maybe Wikileaks is merely a way of the governments and other groups to inform the public of what they've been doing "on our behalf", therefore making us equally culpable of any crimes if we choose to do nothing about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Well, this is the moment we have all been waiting for.

The main event.

Will these come out in good style?

Or will the new Korean War initiate a wider global conflict detracting attention from prosecuting war crimes and corruption?!

We find out in the next installment of the special Wikileaks edition of The Twilight Zone.

But seriously, this is intense/awesome.

top topics

join