It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just built a new blog site.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm an IT guy but I know very little about web design. It took many hours but I finally built my first blog site. It seems to fit my purpose rather than going with a web site. In fact, I even set up my side business site as a blog as well.

I'm going to practice my blogging and writing skills. Hopefully some day, I can do some freelance social media things in the future. At the very least, it's a hobby and keeps me off the streets. Please take a look and critique. I do need a little work on the header which I am getting someone to do.

mvirata blog

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I just finished typing a comment on your blog and hit enter and wamo...error
peace ...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

Ahh, I put a post to say hi to ATS members but as I was looking through this topic, I noticed nobody really replies. Many of the posts are very old and it seemed dead. I figured I was wasting a post so I deleted it. I guess I should have left it up.

EDIT: OK I just re-posted. It should work now. Thanks for checking it out.
edit on 24-11-2010 by mvirata because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata
I'm an IT guy but I know very little about web design. It took many hours but I finally built my first blog site. It seems to fit my purpose rather than going with a web site. In fact, I even set up my side business site as a blog as well.

I'm going to practice my blogging and writing skills. Hopefully some day, I can do some freelance social media things in the future. At the very least, it's a hobby and keeps me off the streets. Please take a look and critique. I do need a little work on the header which I am getting someone to do.

mvirata blog

I like it. I will add you to my blogroll tomorrow. i don't get a ton of traffic (20-30 a day), but maybe some will come your way.

If you are interested, I am interested in working on your title banner. You can see my blog for the title banner i made for myself. I have improved a little in photoshop since then ( have 2 badass new avatars ready to go...one for Christmas, the other for after Christmas). I just like the opportunity to work on some PS skills.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I just redid my site and changed the name. See my signature.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

you kept that cool banner? i like that banner.

i used to play grand turismo quite a bit back when PS2 first came out.

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If you can indulge me, please help.... What web sw is the best to use on your own website for blogging? My site is hosted on a Windows platform. I am interesting in a couple of features:

-i retain copyright protection of all blogs. - important

-i retain copyright protection of all photos submitted to blog, either by me or from others. - important

-comment/response ability to my blog, with moderator power. - medium importance

-ability of others to create a user-account on my blog - medium importance

-above implies that the blog will allow photos to be submitted/published - medium importance

Thank You Very Much

p.s. Why a blog? Someone said that if you publish your ideas on your blog first, that if you submit the same idea to a social website, You retain original copyright.

edit on 4/1/2012 by MarkJS because: windows platform added

edit on 4/1/2012 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

You should ask a moderator to edit your first post so as people can link into your blog. Having the post with a dead link is not cool. hehe.

Second of all, not many people fly through here but those who do generally do reply or simply click through.

Third of all keep this thread active with what ever you do.

Btw.. nice blog.. but you need to keep it updated.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkJS
If you can indulge me, please help.... What web sw is the best to use on your own website for blogging? My site is hosted on a Windows platform. I am interesting in a couple of features:

-i retain copyright protection of all blogs. - important

-i retain copyright protection of all photos submitted to blog, either by me or from others. - important

-comment/response ability to my blog, with moderator power. - medium importance

-ability of others to create a user-account on my blog - medium importance

-above implies that the blog will allow photos to be submitted/published - medium importance

Thank You Very Much

p.s. Why a blog? Someone said that if you publish your ideas on your blog first, that if you submit the same idea to a social website, You retain original copyright.

edit on 4/1/2012 by MarkJS because: windows platform added

Simply start from a free blog site or pay some $ to purchase your own custom or common template. I wouldn't worry to much about copyright unless you manage to have 500k unique's per day over a six month period and if do accomplish something like that, then people like myself will contact you. :-), or ill pick up the hot line and contact someone from within google, either way you will be noticed.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mvirata

Congratulations on your site! Great accomplishment.

reply to post by cerebralassassins

Appreciate the response. I ended up having the site hosted and am using HTML for a one-way conversation. It's good for now.

Maybe later I'll learn phpBB, _javascript, AJAX, Java, Coldfusion or some-such to allow people to respond. Which one to learn- is probably the hard part. I worked as a programmer for many years (non-web), so I don't think the actual learning should be that difficult.

I started a site, but it has my real name in it. I can't share it here for my anonymity's sake with this board. I did use a bunch of tag words at the bottom of my first page- to get more exposure with the search-engines. So maybe you'll find it anyways.

edit on 21/1/2012 by MarkJS because: added first section

new topics

top topics

join