It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and Russia Quit Dollar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, when Iraq tried to get off their dollar addiction, we attacked them....when Iran did, we tried to mess with them, but I think we are holding out for The Real Big One to just ape# on everyone at the same time....Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Cuba, everyone that has ever even farted in our direction is going to get some Black Triangle death rained down, HAARP quakes in their cities, satellite death rays assassinating their leaders.

Alot of the money stolen from us WAS put into black projects and defense, they didnt make em if they werent gonna use em someday.

link   
reply to post by Azp420

Well Bernanke now owns more US treasuries than Japan or even China. So he can pretty much control the markets... till he cannot.

Anyway, investors have been insane for a while now. If you look at EVERY BUSINESS CLASS IN THE WORLD or so, FOR THE LAST 65 YEARS at least... they've been teaching that America CANNOT FALL, it's IMPOSSIBLE, that the US treasuries are AS GOOD AS GOLD, all the investors have been brainwashed with this BS for 65 years now.

So that's why ``investors`` buy US dollars when something goes wrong... they should wake up to the pyramid scam that is America's banking system... the day they do, BOOM.

link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

it is a financial attack, but the thing is. elites at the top of the pyramid are S###ING their pants right now.
too bad theyre too arrogant and self centered when it comes to their power struggle & tower of corruption that is the federal reserve. they just wont let it go.

god knows what theyll do next, maybe even fake another terrorist attack to wage another war and point fingers at a speciffic country.

& i completely agree with you being against the NWO or AMERO. we dont need that garbage and im pretty sure other countries are going to want nothing to do with our horrible excuse for a government or currency.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobra.EXE
now all your morons that think the democrats, obama, or your stupid bailouts will save us now have no other choice but to eat their own words of BULL####!

its about time the brainwashed masses wake up from this mess.
edit on 24-11-2010 by Cobra.EXE because: spelling error

Seriously? You rage like that, and call the people who support the democrats the brainwashed masses? Can you explain your rage towards "liberals"?

/off topic but not really

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Looking for some financial advice here. Gold? or Yuan? I know China likes to manipulate their currency to keep it low for import/export purposes but eventually there has to be a line.

So, which is it? Gold or Yuan?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

OH ABSOLUTELY! what do you call them??? educated people?

you must be a democrat, and by no means are they liberal lmao. nice of you to try and throw that word in that cesspool of a disgusting mess.

democraticnationusa.blogspot.com...

democraticnationusa.blogspot.com...

www.phillyimc.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
Looking for some financial advice here. Gold? or Yuan? I know China likes to manipulate their currency to keep it low for import/export purposes but eventually there has to be a line.

So, which is it? Gold or Yuan?

It depends on what you are trying to do. if you are trying to preserve your wealth in the face of a a currency crash gold and silver are always the way to go. if you want to play the currency market to make a quick buck then just make sure you can afford to loose what ever you invest.

Still gold has out performed all others in 8 of the last 10 years and never dropped below 3rd place and is at record highs as we speak and will probably at least double what it's at now of not 5 times that eventually before the markets crash. Just make sure you buy physical gold and not paper.

Personally I would not play the market now and just buy gold and silver for the crash.
edit on 24-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

As a non-believer of the academic efficient market theory I also have little faith for what they are teaching in business schools.

The currency markets are hugely liquid (trillions traded daily) so it is relatively easy for investors to move into other currencies at a moments notice.

reply to post by FlySolo

I wouldn't go gold based on this news alone (the market has already priced it in and didn't really care about it). Gold is at record highs because of economic uncertainty. If you buy now you are getting in pretty late for the party (imo) and betting that the US and world economies are going to crash further. If they start to recover investors are going to dump their gold in favor of high yielding returns and drive the price back down.

edit on 24-11-2010 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
The only thing the People's Bank of China is talking about right now is raising RMB reserve requirements by .5 percentage points. If the US dollar had actually been renounced we'd know, trust me.

What they are talking about is allowing the ruble to trade into RMB (Yuan) creating a bilateral trade agreement. This is no different than what happens between any two peaceful neighbors. The only way China and Russia will be able to challenge the dollar is if they started chewing away on the reserves of country after country that use dollars and buying them up with a more robust RMB.

I smell oil deals, and more BRIC activity coming in the next few months and years. The US dollar will be inflating pretty badly by then. Other nations dropping their reserves of USD, leading to a renunciation is not out of the question, but that is not what China is doing with this particular policy move.
edit on 24-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

You are over looking a couple things IMO and the Bloomberg article touched on it when they said:"Russia is seeking to expand beyond European markets, where the financial crisis and growing competition have hampered demand." And the other article said they were trying to protect thier economies. Sure they are trying to pass it off as nonchalant but this is a signal to other countries to do that same and the the dollar is in its death throws. China also have been buying gold and silver like it is going out of style since 2008. They see the writing on the wall and are preparing for our crash. Perhaps they feel they are ready to weather the storm of dumping our bonds because they are already upside down in the investment and know they will never get thier monies worth out of them, and are pissed they got duped into buying them like everyone one else. And who do you you think those other countries with dollar reserves will come running to when the dollar crashes? China! Even Russia knows this and that is why they are cozying up to China. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if China were behind the Korean crisis as a means of retaliation to the US and to spread us even thinner militarily.

One thing is for sure I guarantee you there is much more behind this move then meets the eye. Buckle up Dorothy we ain't in Kansas anymore...

edit on 24-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We should stop letting their immigrants in here then...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ZELDAR

Its too late for that now.

Get your lifevest on dude. Its sink or swim.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

If you buy now you are getting in pretty late for the party (imo) and betting that the US and world economies are going to crash further.

That would be a sure bet! There is no way the economy can recover it is the largest bubble in history dwarfing all others and the financial PTB solution is to blow it up bigger. The so called recovery is false it is just deflation in the real estate market that has caused a lull in the crash. Consider it the eye of the storm. There is no place else it can go this is not a guess or a belief it is a mathematical certainty.

The only possible way the economy could recover is to do away with the federal reserve system and return to sound money and that is not going to happen. Even if that were to happen there would be a severe depression as we transition from a false growth based bubble system to value for value and the markets adjust back to honest money and slow steady growth as true supply and demand in a free market facilitate. There is just no way out of this without a lot of pain.

They may manage to induce a few more rallies ( how I don't know) and continue to dupe investors for a while longer but when the final crash comes it will make the crash of 29 look like a Sunday picnic. The big question is when? We are definitely a lot close now and it could happen anytime.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Anyone with any experience in the markets knows there is no such thing as a sure thing. What fundamentals are you basing your mathematics on?

If you truly believe it is a sure thing then why not get leveraged up to your eyeballs and make millions?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
This is completely and absolutely meaningless. Why? Because the Yuan is still pegged to the dollar. This means that the Ruble is being traded against the dollar. Big deal.

And, thanks to North Korea, the dollar is way up! Why because among the stinky cheeses that all fiat currencies are, the US dollar is the less stinky. The euro... pee-yuuu..! And people believe in the sheer scale of our economy, regardless of its weaknesses.

The dollar will go down, but only against gold and it won't go down anytime soon in a big way until the Euro and Pound have been completely trashed. The Fed does have an interest in crashing the dollar; it helps US exports, but it's hands are tied. We are in a war of who can print the most the fastest. And we can win, and trash the dollar, but there are quite a few years ahead when every other country in the world is going to be racing against us.

Here's a good article by Mish about why the dollar is going to maintain its value for quite a while.

globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...

One thing to bear in mind, information is only useful if everybody doesn't already know it. This 'The Dollar is Going to Be Worthless" narrative is so old and played, I'm really surprised to see it here. There's a war going on and we're still 'losing' or should I say 'winning'. Whatever!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
With the derivative fiasco and foreclosure gate
no coming back I'm afraid.
the legal confusion may tangle things up, but that makes recovery impossible too
this is so far from a level playing feild...

and how will the debt holders deal with the fraud...?
thats were it will become very dangerous for the peeps left holding the bag...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here's one way the debt holders are dealing with the fraud. Murder:

market-ticker.org...

There are two gangs now among the super-rich, those that bought the crap and those that sold the crap. They are now going to fight it out, one way through official channels, SEC/FBI investigations, the other way with bullets.

Originally posted by Danbones

and how will the debt holders deal with the fraud...?
thats were it will become very dangerous for the peeps left holding the bag...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Why'd anyone wanna be part of Titanic, after all..

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azp420
reply to post by hawkiye

Anyone with any experience in the markets knows there is no such thing as a sure thing. What fundamentals are you basing your mathematics on?

If you truly believe it is a sure thing then why not get leveraged up to your eyeballs and make millions?

The fundamentals of a credit based monetary system. To make it simple; you can only charge a credit card up so long before the bills come due. IOW The math is if you continue to debase the currency it becomes worthless every time that is a sure thing and mathematical certainty. it used be by printing now days it is mostly by computer entry via loans. The computer entry money from nothing loans have deflated some al la the real estate market allowing the fed to re-inflate a bit the part that has deflated causing a temporary lull in the downward spiral and false hope of a recovery.

Again a simple object lesson would be to try and charge your credit card up unlimited and never pay the bill.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I'm going to have to disagree with you and suggest the credit bubble has already popped, the worst is over and the wheels are in motion towards recovery. But that's the beauty of the markets, we're all entitled to our opinions and I need someone with an opposite opinion to take the other side of my trades.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I think, if America focused on using re-usable means of energy, like solar and water, and really focus on our technology, we would be able to sling-shot ourselves back up on top, for sure. This is the technology age, for crying out loud!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join