It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctors stunned by the twins who share the same brain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Doctors stunned by the twins who share the same brain

www.dailymail.co.uk

Doctors were stunned to discover that conjoined twins Krista and Tatiana seemed to share the same brain.
The twins are joined at the head and appear to not only see through each other's eyes but can also hear each other's thoughts, because of this however it is unlikely that it will ever be possible to separate them...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Totally amazing, this actually answers a question I had in the past which was if everyones brain spoke the same language. Now that sounds like a crazy question because we follow similar thought patterns but I often wondered if a one part of the brain would talk to another part and send 1 pulse to it where someone else may send 2 for the same message etc... if that makes sense. Well I dont understand alot about the brain and dont know if I am conveying the message well but to hear that 2 people can share one is mind boggling

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I dunno. Isn't that normal? When being conjoined at the head, isn't it at least a 50% chance they share the same brain? I could be wrong, I'm not amedical doctor
Flagged

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
i wonder if there are two distinct consciousnesses/personalities. It would be a fascinating look into the psychology of the human mind.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
i wonder if there are two distinct consciousnesses/personalities. It would be a fascinating look into the psychology of the human mind.

I wouldn't think so. Since their is only one brain, I would say that it really is only one entity/consciousness with just an extra "body".

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Exactly.....two people or one person with ( for lack of a better analogy) an insect like body. Multiple limps, eyes, etc.
edit on 23-11-2010 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Connector

They might also have a hive mind too.

They both hear the same thoughts, I wonder if one influences the other?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I would say that with time they would merge in to one person one mind.
Most of the time they do the same thing.
But I would say that they would be very clever.
And be able to do thing no one else can.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't know why they are shocked- hasn't this happened before?
/www.mypacs.net/cases/CRANIOPAGUS-CONJOINED-TWINS-10398579.html

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I just want to note that the brain is related to processing, but the programming is that which separates animals from gods. In this case, this truth is demonstrated by two programs being run independently by one processor. The program of mankind is a manifestation of unseen things and is only the beginning of life as we understand. Soon, the pains of birth will jolt through the body and it will be more apparent than ever that ungodly men (who are like animals) cannot obtain that which they seek (eternal life apart from Life who is alive). Meeting these blessed little ones would be a pleasure.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Did anyone really read the article?

They share the same brain but it is really two brains joined, just like the bodies. Four hemispheres joined together.

It was said in the article they both have different personalities.

Paediatric neurosurgeon Doug Cochrane, who has looked after them from birth, confirmed they can see through each other's eyes. He said: 'The twins are sharing signals from the other twin's visual field. 'One twin may see what the other twin does, as the brain of one of the girls receives electronic impulses from the retina of the opposite twin.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Then this.

Their brain is knitted together so any attempt to split it could be fatal to one or both of them.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

They have two brains knitted together so it is actually one brain.

The family agrees Krista is the bossy one of the pair, while Tatiana is more laid-back and follows Krista wherever she wants to go. Felicia said: 'Tatiana is definitely the more laid back girl. 'She does what her sister tells her most of the time, Krista is the bossy one. I call her my little bully.' Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Dual core is still one processor.
2nd.

top topics

join