It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Crew Arrested for Reporting Pentagon's Dirty Laundry

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
OP, one of my friends was there and was arrested too. She's the girl who appears handcuffed and about to be loaded onto the bus around 1:29 in the first clip you showed of the RT correspondent's arrest.

(I hope that made sense)

Anyway I recently went back to using my facebook page and I saw this clip she posted of her there of when she herself was arrested. She put this clip on youtube.

It's on her facebook page too, as I mentioned. I can't believe it's the same girl. She's been posting things about going to protest this school and I've been "liking it" as one does on facebook. This is surreal , man. That school is an atrocity.

Apparently she was parked illegally too...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And in the second clip you posted of when they are on the bus, you can see her too. She's the one in the blue tank top telling the cop that the restraints on the reporter are too tight. She's a badass.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This school they are protesting is in my home state of Georgia. For all of you sheep who don't think this is anything you should try researching this place some time. They train dictators...no snip. They train dictators and then send them into Central and South America.

If you think this protest is simply a meaningless act then that is just hotdamn hilarious.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I'm not getting anything about her being "illegally parked" from that clip. Sorry... ?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I'm not getting anything about her being "illegally parked" from that clip. Sorry... ?

It was a bit of sarcasm in response to an earlier post:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You'll notice illegal parking mentioned as the instigator.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Ah, got it .Thanks, Americanist. Ha.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Seems people here got mixed feeling about this incident.
What some need to understand is that they(government) is becoming more aggressive.
They are giving unlawfull powers to cops and contractors and things are getting out of hand.
Using threats, Intimidation and Force to block access/information.
Good or Bad news teams, they all have equal rights.

How many people here remember(most forgot already)how reporters were threaten when the BP Oil crisis took place?
Reporters could not shoot any footage on the beaches, had to be a certain distance away, the skies/area was off-limits and no person could enter or talk about the issue.

When stuff like this happens to reporters and it goes unchecked it sends a message to the government.
We don't care and it's ok for them to do what they want.

Fella's this is not right. Wake up!

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

From this clip I dont see what 'unlawful' powers anybody had here.
No one blocked access from the newpersons reporting the story, in fact I didnt see any actual reporting of the protest here, just reporting on themselves getting arrested for not complying with peaceful requests as is required both by their press credentials and by the permit of the protesters (if they had one).

Taking violators of the law into custody is not an unlawful power.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
The majority of the media outlets are in the tank of the government, anyway. The principle of what is happening is disgusting.

They should shut down MSNBC, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, ad nauseum.

I think we should start a news service called Ad Nauseum.

Ok that was off topic.

Back into character......ahem........Detaining reporters is a waste of time. They should be deported instead.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Ah, got it .Thanks, Americanist. Ha.

Which coincidentally came from a few other topics regarding Press being arrested and spinning the arrest as a violation of their rights and not because they press was in reality braking the law.

As I said before, We have Freedom of the Press, not freedom for the press to break the law.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Freedom of the press, not freedom for the press to break the law.
I couldnt have said it better myself.

The protesters and the press both had everyright to be there, within the confines of the law.

Just a by the way though, Freedom of the press relates to no infringement on WHAT the press can report, it does not relate on where they can do their reporting from. Too often people take the words 'freedom of the press' and think it makes the press immune from the laws that you and I have to abide by. It is not. It simply means that the government will make no laws abridging the press's ability to report and will not censor the reports. This 'reporter' being arrested, whether rightfully or not, is not an infringement on the press's 1st amendment rights.

If there is any argument here to be had, it certainly is not regarding Freedom of the Press.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Completely agree, and I ahve had several candid, and sometimes loud, conversations with media who decided to make themselves part of my scenes. I always tell them to get out of the way. They generally get 1 or 2 of those comments before it becomes more direct. The last thing I need is for media to be talking to, interviewing, interfering, inciting a crowd, or challenging emergency services under the argument of reporting a story.

The media is a required and neccisary part of a Democractic Society. They mind the peoples business by trying to keep light on what the Government does.

When a gathering / protest begin to infringe on the rights of others in terms of movement through the area, who are not involved, it becomes problematic. Dont get me wrong I support ht media, and the peoples right to protest and demand redress of greivances. Generally speaking in order for someone to be arrested and charges with failing to obey a lawful command from Law Enforcement means they have been told not once, but a few times that there actions were problematic.

The moment an officer has to divert his attention from the problem at hand to deal with someone else, it raises to the level of obstruction. The charges can ad up rather quickly, but we dont do this.

In this case, the media made themselves part of the story, instead of reporting the story. The Media, imo and in this case, decided they wanted to make the story instead of reporting it.

They should be arrested and cited and get their day in court. After all, they are not above the law anymore than Police Officers, Judges, or the Citizens are, and are treated just the same as the people they were attempting to cover that day.

Common sense.

Scenario for thought. You are an Officer, trying to deal with an upset crowb, tring to make sure people can express their outrage without breaking the law. News MEdia shows up on scene and does there thing. They are more concerned about getting the story than situational awareness, whcih often leads to problems.

Now with that being said, here is an example of what I am talking about with situational awareness:

There is no one around, no crowd, no angry people, no cops to yell at people.

Now, imagine that type of situational awareness in the above video, or on any other scene where there is confusion, people amped up, emotions running high.

As I said before, There is a difference reporting the news, and making it up to be part of it.
edit on 25-11-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

I couldn't agree with you more regarding your take on the story behind this thread as a whole, and i think that the people who are spending their time trying to discredit an already dubious RT are missing the bigger picture concerning the amendment that states that congress shall make no law that limits the freedom of the press.
You know the first one in the Bill of Rights.

The actual argument seems to be getting lost in all of the attacks on the RT reporters, and that is that our American Forces detained someone from the press.

This is an action that is a gross violation of the Bill of Rights.
And if this is allowed to happen then what next?

This is a slippery slope straight to fascist hell and we are a helluva lot closer than people want to think.

Thanks for the post OP.
More people need to put away their own personal prejudices and start standing up for the principles that at one time made our country the beacon of hope for the entire world.

Great post OP.
Don't let these folks deter you from the mission given to all of us who were put here to defend the Constitution.

I am not leaving the US.
I am staying here to protect the land that was settled by my forefathers.
And if the ship goes down, then I will go with it.
That's what Jefferson would have done. That is what Burr would have done, and that is what any American who respects the principles that made this country what it is today would do.

Once again, great post OP.
Screw all those that can't see past the actions of the reporter to understand the reality of our rights being trampled under foot.
This is more than a reporter who may have sensationalized an event.

This is about freedom.

cheers my friend

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join