It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopefully Deus Ex: Human Revolution (2011) Will Be Good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
For those of you unfamiliar, the following is from the wikipedia article:

Deus Ex (abbreviated DX[2] and pronounced /ˌdeɪ.əs ˈɛks/, DAY-əs-eks) is a cyberpunk-themed action role-playing game developed by Ion Storm Inc. and published by Eidos Interactive in 2000, which combines gameplay elements of first-person shooters with those of role playing games. The game received near-universal critical and industry acclaim, including being named "Best PC Game of All Time" in PC Gamer's Top 100 PC Games[3] and in a poll carried out by UK gaming magazine PC Zone.[4] It was a frequent candidate for and winner of Game of the Year awards,[5][6][7][8] drawing praise for its pioneering designs in player choice and multiple narrative paths.[9][10] It has sold more than 1 million copies, as of April 23, 2009.

Set in a dystopian world during the year 2052, the central plot follows rookie United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition agent JC Denton, as he sets out to combat terrorist forces, which have become increasingly prevalent in a world slipping ever further into chaos. As the plot unfolds, Denton becomes entangled in a deep and ancient conspiracy, encountering organizations such as Majestic 12, the Illuminati, and the Hong Kong Triads throughout his journey.

First published for personal computers running Windows, Deus Ex was later ported to Macintosh systems, as well the PlayStation 2 game console, the latter under the title Deus Ex: The Conspiracy. Loki Games worked on a Linux version of the game, but the company went out of business before releasing it.[11] A sequel to Deus Ex, titled Deus Ex: Invisible War, was released on December 2, 2003, for both Windows and the Xbox video game console.[12] On November 26, 2007, it was confirmed that Eidos Montreal is developing a prequel, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.[13]

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
hm..me as an old Deus ex fan...

i was a bit down when i saw videos from the gameplay..

reminds me on a mix of crisis/metal gear solid

i didnt had the feeling i had when i saw Deus Ex some years ago..

i dont like what i saw

but the trailer is nice

for those who didnt saw it yet

edit on 23-11-2010 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Hey thanks for bringing this game to my attention. I have never even heard of it before and am surprised because I am a huge gamer. SF

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Ah, Deus Ex, best game ever.
Here's the newer trailer.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cbaskins

im a big gamer to and i never heard of it too. they need to market more!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
this game is going to be awesome i was a fan since the first one. i think it was my second PC, it was a pentium pro proc with a voodoo 3dfx card.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's been so long, will they stay true?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthistreasure

I heard a rumor that some of the old programmers who helped make the first Deus Ex would also be working on Human Revolution, so I have my fingers cross. If I had never played Deus Ex, I may not even be on this forum today, so...Needless to say, I'm excited.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WashingtonGrewHemp

Really? That definitely give me hope, thanks.

I noticed chatter on a blog about a potential viral trailer, personally I don't think it's the right style and too far from the details: Weirdthings.com
edit on 25-11-2010 by Truthistreasure because: messed up the link.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Truthistreasure

I am willing to say, at this point, that it will be good. Hopefully I don't eat my words in a few months. Thanks for commenting,

Deus Ex forever...

top topics

join