It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Tyrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

We Americans have given federal, state and local governments the right to interfere with any aspect of our lives when it comes to issues of health. So should we be surprised when an emboldened Congress enacts Obamacare, even though most American were against it, that not only mandates that we purchase health insurance but will eventually control virtually every aspect of our health care? Should we be surprised when government tells us what food to give our children? Should we be surprised when government taxes soft drinks in the name of fighting obesity? Should we be surprised when governments order restaurants not to serve foie gras or cook with trans fats? If you think government has the right to look after our health, how far would you have it go? How about a congressional mandate for morning calisthenics, eight glasses of water a day and eight hours of sleep each night?

"If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

Seriously, at what point do people take responsibility for themselves and say to those in "control" enough is enough!!!

This SB 510 is another boondoggle idea that is supposedly good intentioned but is anything but good for We the People.

Leave us the hell alone and let us decide for ourselves what is best for us! Some dingbat politician who knows NOTHING about nutrition is going to sit on their high horse and attempt to talk about a topic they know nothing about? At the same time, even if one so chooses to eat something not considered nutritious - it is your right to do so!

The mere thought that I may not be "allowed" to share all of the veggies/fruits I grow with friends/families/neighbors is completely preposterous. My garden is enormous and was made the size it is for that very reason! I have the land and the ability to grow what others may not have the ability to do so. My whole intent was to have fresh, locally grown foods for those close to me who cannot do so.

There is no easier means to control people than to control their food supply.

new topics

join