It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does NASA deny the Galactic Alignment? (Article)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I thought the Galactic Alignment on the Winter Solstice of 2012 is fact. However it appears on NASA's website, that is not the case.

This is their most recent information on the Galactic Alignment from 2009. I figure NASA would be the most trustworthy source.

The Great 2012 Doomsday Scare

This guest article on 2012 was written by E. C. Krupp, Director of Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles and is reprinted with permission from Sky & Telescope Magazine. The publisher and the author reserve all rights. All opinions are the author's own.

Link

In fact, astronomy cannot pinpoint such a "galactic alignment" to within a year, much less a day. The alignment depends on the rather arbitrary modern definition of the galactic equator, and/or the visual appearance of the Milky Way. There is no precise definition of the Milky Way's edges -- they are very vague and depend on the clarity of your view. (Jenkins says that he personally established the Milky Way’s edges by viewing it from 11,000 feet, far above anywhere the Maya lived.) So to give a precise visual position for its centerline is not meaningful.

Jenkins did acknowledge that the winter-solstice Sun actually crosses the center of the Milky Way anytime between 1980 and 2016. Elsewhere he expands this approach zone to a 900-year period, and settles for an imprecise alignment to which Dec. 21, 2012, is arbitrarily and circularly assigned. Real astronomy does not support any match between the Baktun-13 end date and a galactic alignment. The advocates both admit and ignore this discrepancy.

It's almost a sidelight that the winter-solstice sun will never actually "eclipse" the galaxy's true center, the pointlike radio source marking the Milky Way's central black hole. Moreover, the winter-solstice sun won’t even pass closest to it on the sky for another 200 years.

Is this true? No Galactic Alignment? Is 2012 literally like Y2K?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Depends on what type of 2012 you are talking about. End of the world? Obviously fake. Raising of the vibrational patterns on a global, even galatic level, yes. Do not believe what NASA tells you. I mean they covered up the presence of aliens for decades and still does, even though those ex-military personnel admitted to hiding it and seeing what they saw. NASA puts down the Mayans as if they didn't know what they were talking about. However, more or less, people have interpreted the end of the Mayan calendar as the end of the world. People have misinterpreted many a things, including the bible! As I remember, this era, the era of Pisces (0 - 2012) is the age of resurrection, sacrifice, etc. We are moving into the era of Aquarius, which is the age of enlightenment.

Just be prepared for a new way of life!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

[Snip] I figure NASA would be the most trustworthy source.

I lol'd.

Just for S&G's you can check out this link and input any information you want to see what the planets will do on any date you enter.

Solar System Live

edit on 23-11-2010 by Rhadamanthus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

Define galactic alignment. Are we going to pass through the disc of the milky way? No, we already did that fairly recently in astronomical terms and are now moving away from the plane of the disc. The "alignment" generally thought to be what the Mayans were aiming for is the passage of the sun in front of the plane of the milky way from earth's perspective on the day of the winter solstice. This is just a perspective effect, not a result of our actual position within the galaxy. The precession of the equinoxes causes this to occur for a series of 36 years once in every precession cycle. It happened most directly in 1998 and though it will still occur in 2012, it turns out that this phenomenon is actually centered on the year 1998, not 2012. It will actually continue to occur through 2016 as well.
edit on 23-11-2010 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I thought the Galactic Alignment on the Winter Solstice of 2012 is fact. However it appears on NASA's website, that is not the case.

This is their most recent information on the Galactic Alignment from 2009. I figure NASA would be the most trustworthy source.

The Great 2012 Doomsday Scare

This guest article on 2012 was written by E. C. Krupp, Director of Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles and is reprinted with permission from Sky & Telescope Magazine. The publisher and the author reserve all rights. All opinions are the author's own.

Link

In fact, astronomy cannot pinpoint such a "galactic alignment" to within a year, much less a day. The alignment depends on the rather arbitrary modern definition of the galactic equator, and/or the visual appearance of the Milky Way. There is no precise definition of the Milky Way's edges -- they are very vague and depend on the clarity of your view. (Jenkins says that he personally established the Milky Way’s edges by viewing it from 11,000 feet, far above anywhere the Maya lived.) So to give a precise visual position for its centerline is not meaningful.

Jenkins did acknowledge that the winter-solstice Sun actually crosses the center of the Milky Way anytime between 1980 and 2016. Elsewhere he expands this approach zone to a 900-year period, and settles for an imprecise alignment to which Dec. 21, 2012, is arbitrarily and circularly assigned. Real astronomy does not support any match between the Baktun-13 end date and a galactic alignment. The advocates both admit and ignore this discrepancy.

It's almost a sidelight that the winter-solstice sun will never actually "eclipse" the galaxy's true center, the pointlike radio source marking the Milky Way's central black hole. Moreover, the winter-solstice sun won’t even pass closest to it on the sky for another 200 years.

Is this true? No Galactic Alignment? Is 2012 literally like Y2K?

What you have to consider if The Electric Universe Theory, remember that NASA scientists have spent their whole lives learning the gravitational theory of the universe, and every day it is being proved to be wrong. There was even photos taken recently and NASA said it was snow in space when the photographed an asteriod. This is completely incorrect, the dots you see are not snow at all but highly charged particles affecting the camera! Imagine, each time NASA scientists are proved wrong using electric unoverse theory how do you think they feel? They don't want to let go of the Gravitational theory. Here are some facts that may help you decide which thoery is right and which is wrong.

Fact 1: SUN SPOTS.

Gravitational Theory States:
No explanation as to why they happen, so they state it must be magnetic fields. We don't know why they are black though, they should be white and very hot, because the mass inside the spots should be visible and very bright!

Electric Universe Theory States:
Sun Spots are a direct result of Birkland Currents going into the sun.

Fact 2: Magnetic fields in open space
We have no Idea!

Again the magnetic fields are a direct result of Twin Birkland Currents passing between masses in open space. It is impossible to have magnitic fields with an electric current, period.

Fact 3: Suns Corona During and Eclipse:
It must be some kind of optical illusion

This has already been checked and verified in the laboratory.

Fact 4: Suns is far hotter at the surface than the middle:
We have no idea why, using our theory it should be more hot in the center!

The electrcal particles heat up as they enter the sun causing them to burn very hot, (this is what makes the sun shine
)

Fact 5: Whats that pulse in outer space?
We have no idea, so lets invent a new star called a neutron star and say that's what it is!

Neutron stars are impossible accoring to nuclear physics, the closer you pack neutrons, the further they fly apart! We know what it is and we have created a similar thing in the lab, it's a close pair of binary stars that cause the pulse.

Hope that helps with electric universe theory. Planets and stars directly affect each other by electric forces. Alignments bring about large changes in electrical currents between planets and stars. The center of the galaxy is where the strongest electrical currents are.

There are loads more examples of where the electric universe proves current thoery of the universe in correct. I suggest you watch the youtube videos called "Thunderbolts of the Gods".

Thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

From what I have been reading about this date I can not find any significant alignment of any kind, I mean nothing that seems to stand out. Our solar system is oscillating up and down through the galactic plane which happens 2.7 times per galactic rotation of 225 million years per rotation, IIRC. As ngchunter pointed out we have already passed through this plane of the galaxy some time ago, perhaps several million years ago, and are moving up and away. Even if it were wrong the galactic plane is a very large area from our perspective. Crossing over or into this area cannot be pinpointed down to the day.

Originally posted by ApostleTriad
the era of Pisces (0 - 2012) is the age of resurrection, sacrifice, etc

Precession of the equinox is currently measured to take around 25,920 years. If we were to divide that by the 12 astrological signs we come up with the length for each astrological age @2160 years not 2012 so we have about 140+ years to go for the age of Aquarius (0 - 2160). That is if we measure the start of the age of Pisces at year 0 or rather at the time of Jesus. There is some controversy over when exactly the beginning of this age occurred.

As far as any planetary alignments I have not been able to find anything of significance except for a transit of Venus on June 6th 2012. A transit of Venus occurs when Venus' orbital plane crosses that of Earth's plane during a close approach. This alignment is sepperated by around 120 years (alternates between 105.5 and 121.5 years, again IIRC) and usually takes place in pairs separated by 8 years. There was a Venus solar transit back in 2004 June 8th and the planet will do it again 8 years later on 2012 June 6th.

The Maya payed more attention to the motions of Venus then any other celestial object including the Sun. The reasons for this are really unknown but there are some very interesting theories.

reply to post by ngchunter

Hi ngchunter,
Got a question for you. Can you better explain what you meant in this quote?

The precession of the equinoxes causes this to occur for a series of 36 years once in every precession cycle. It happened most directly in 1998 and though it will still occur in 2012

Do you mean that this alignment phase has a 36 year period? I have not read about this figure before. Where did you find it?

Precession of the equinox is the difference in the measurement between a Tropical Year and a Sidereal Year which figures out to be around 20 min 24 sec. A sidereal year is considered a true measured year and so we precess just over 20 minutes every year so that the winter months stay in the winter seasons. The motions we are talking about here fluctuate over time and there are other motions involved but I think that this is an accurate description of precession.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by ngchunter

Hi ngchunter,
Got a question for you. Can you better explain what you meant in this quote?

The precession of the equinoxes causes this to occur for a series of 36 years once in every precession cycle. It happened most directly in 1998 and though it will still occur in 2012

Do you mean that this alignment phase has a 36 year period? I have not read about this figure before. Where did you find it?

I've heard that the "alignment" they were going for was the sun's position on the ecliptic coinciding with the galactic plane on the date of the december equinox. This "alignment" is driven by the precession of the equinoxes you previously described, but because the sun is half a degree wide and precession is gradual, there ends up being an approximately 36 year period where part of the sun will be on the center of the plane of the milky way in the sky on the date of the december solstice. The year in which the sun was most directly centered on the galactic plane at the december solstice was 1998. This was calculated by Jean Meeus in his book "Mathematical Astronomy Morsels" and is discussed here:
alignment2012.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

That's true! I believe it did start a bit earlier, but the most notable occurrence is the rise of the Jesus-era.

Thank you for clearing this up! I just wanted to display the generality of it all.

I believe that there is a couple types of events to appear:

1. Galatic centering
2. Age shift from Pisces to Aquarius starting
3. Polar shift
4. From the galatic centering, a raise in vibrational awareness.

Perhaps not in exact detail when, because an age shift is an on-going process for a few decades up to a century or two.

Perhaps even the Native American tale of the blue star to make it's appearance (perhaps that such vibrational awareness jump)

(Update):

Here's my understanding of the ages

Age of Leo - 10,970 (10,500) ~ 8,600BC

Age of Cancer - 8,600 ~ 6,450BC

Age of Gemini - 6,450 - 4,300BC

Age of Taurus - 4,300 - 2,150BC

Age of Aries - 2,150BC - 1AD

Age of Pisces - 1AD - 2,150AD

Age of Aquarius - 2,150AD ~ 4,300AD

These are what I believe to be most accurate, however changes are taking place as we speak for the next change.

edit on 23-11-2010 by ApostleTriad because: Adding more info

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
NASA is just an agency. I would suggest we all start to compare what other Space Programs around the world suggest and use our intuition.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

No because even if their isn't an alignment, it doesn't matter. The idea is that it is the "Solar Flare" activity that we are supposed to fear, according to NASA, the solar flare activity picks up durring this time. Which has the possibility of shutting down the electric grid.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

NASA are government officials which will tell the public only what they need to know and what they want the public to know. Lies....all lies.

Do I think it'll be the end of the world, NO. Do I think it's going to be a hell of a year....YES. It's stupid for us to not take the Mayans seriously. Their calendar is too close to be wrong....

The government have hired people to debunk everything and i'm sure there's a government fag sitting around reading every thread talking about aliens, nibiru and obama....

we'll never know the truth until it's too late...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrgregbusybee

NASA are government officials which will tell the public only what they need to know and what they want the public to know. Lies....all lies.

You mean like how they lied about Elenin being a brown dwarf that would destroy the world and how they lied about 2005 YU55 hitting the moon? lol

new topics

top topics

join