It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iris Scan & Fingerprints Substituted For TSA Screening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Iris Scan & Fingerprints Substituted For TSA Screening

blacklistednews.com

An opt-in program that charges airline passengers to bypass airport security lines is being resuscitated more than two years after its abrupt shutdown. The CLEAR program re-launched in Orlando last week, and is preparing to start up in Denver.

After submitting fingerprints and iris scans, members are issued a CLEARcard with these biometric data. Kiosks at participating airports then allow them to confirm their identity and “speed through security.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It isn't really logical to me that they would replace the new screening measures with this because identification of the person isn't really the goal of the scanners or the pat downs. But, I have been watching for news related to more anti-privacy measures to be offered to the public in lieu of the controversial screening and pat downs. They just seem like they want the public to revolt against them so they can "offer" what they really want us to have.

Could this be it? It was tried 2 years ago and the public balked at it. It's being tried again. The timing is somewhat suspect. Dunno... keep watching for the "alternative" to appear.

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I concur. Identification is not the "problem". So, in this case a would-be terrorist would just opt in to the biometric data program and then can walk onto the plane with any kind of explosive he/she wants? It's not like they would care about having an iris scan on record if they were going to be dead anyway.

This makes no sense except as opportunism for the collection of more biometric data for use in future class stratification and control. We are nothing but the products moved across a barcode scanner. beep. beep. beep.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Actually identification of the person is a much better way of determining issues... We should be looking at people and not things....

Its kinda like the guns don't kill people, people kill people adage, because as long as you hunt things, you will be chasing the dragon...

Its much better to know who's traveling, why and for what.... However a problem arises out of this...

Now you actually have biometric info on file and you are in a database... Don't think for a second that clear isn't operated in some fashion by shadow govs...

Its almost as if, by forcing the issue on constitutional rights and invasion of privacy, we've created a sort of pressure towards "don't you know who I am? Don't touch me there! This is ridiculous" kind of desire which opens the door for knowledge about individuals...

As far as detection goes, behavior patterns and anomalies work better than signature detection and are more efficient, however anomaly detection requires identifying and investigating patterns in an attempt to define them as "normal" baselines.

Which brings us back t the philosophical point that we should just go back to self reliance... Its right there in our constitution... We can use our own arms.... Check them at a metal detector for air safety, not security and receive them when we get to whe we are going....

Keep in mind you have more chance of dying from backscatter radiation as you do dying of a terrorist attack... Given that chance... I'd rather opt for the extremely rare terrorist attack

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

It makes sense, they are keeping confidential information on you: they have your fingerprints, they have your DNA, they have your bank records, your phone records, your internet activity, your purchasing habits, your property, your relationships, and now with biometrics can relate your naked body rapiscan back to all of that information. Don't forget they are working on tracking your thoughts as you pass through TSA as well. Just keep repeating - I love John Stewart, Obama is King, I love the TSA...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
THIS is WHy we are seeing all the hub bub over the TSA passenger checks, there going to have people begging for these scans...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Actually, as mentioned in another thread on the same topic some of us, and by us I mean me, have already "gattacaed" ourselves.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

There was a time in the early Colonial History of the United States that there was a rare and noble type of sole who recieved their own contractual distinction. "Adventurer"

In fact it was the adventurer that pioneered aviation. Aviation like many adventures where a human leaves the relative safety of their home (most accidents do happen in the home) do require some element of risk. Since humans do not have wings, risk has always been associated with air-travel.

While many Americans have tragically lost their pioneering and adventurous and noble spirit, some of us, have clearly not.

Pigs will fly before someone takes a scan of my iris, and feathers will fly before I ever, ever, allow myself to be demeaned in this most egregious fashion as the TSA is subjecting hapless Americans too, who have clearly lost their way.

When those feathers fall, I highly encourage adventurers like roofers (another inherently dangerous possession) to have an ample supply of tar on hand.

For I think we would all be well served to feather our despotic and corrupt politicians and bankers and corporate heads who brought us these machines so we can see how well they fly.

I am thinking of the Grand Canyon!

Always an adventure!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
So the pat downs are the stick, and the biometric ID is the carrot.

Except it's a poison apple.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
sounds to me like the TSA Gate Rapes are just a way to push us into a biometric ID card.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well where were you to tell me this when I enrolled five years ago?

Btw, I'm not even really sure that being a Clear member excludes one from the TSA foreplay ... when I was using it all it was for was cutting through the line at the security check, it did not allow me to bypass it. So the premise that the TSA is doing this in order to get our iris and fingerprint scans might be flawed.

As far as foregoing air travel to stay out of the 'big machine' ... I'm not sure what degree of commitment I am prepared to give to stay out of it. I have family in other countries that I must visit. And in order for this approach to be effective one must truly commit to it across the board and in all aspects of life. Meaning that if one is using the internet unprotected, has a bank account, pays taxes, etc, standing on principle on the air travel seems a futile exercise. Given that I am by all measures 'trackable' forfeiting flying to protect myself would achieve no such result.

It really comes down to how much time and effort one chooses to spend fighting those things and whether said time and effort actually bears a heavier personal cost that being indifferent to them.

Meh like I said ... a quick fondle without me having to fork out for dinner and a show is a win anyway.

edit on 23 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: catastrophic spelling/syntax

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
THIS is WHy we are seeing all the hub bub over the TSA passenger checks, there going to have people begging for these scans...

Bingo. It sounds to me like this was the plan all along. The enemies of freedom never sleep folks. This garbage is never going to stop until enough people stand up and literally stop it.
edit on 23-11-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
A classic case of 'problem, reaction, solution' as David Icke puts it. People are demanding that they stop the humiliating searches so they offer us the solution we 'want' in biometric ID cards and scanning therefore a biometric database.

It's like a game of chess and many people only see the move that is played in this moment, not the strategy or intended outcome, which seems to be one of total control over our lives. I wonder how long people can go on being fooled?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Except they are playing chess and we are playing checkers.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
A classic case of 'problem, reaction, solution' as David Icke puts it. People are demanding that they stop the humiliating searches so they offer us the solution we 'want' in biometric ID cards and scanning therefore a biometric database.

No it doesn't look like it's set up that way ... yet.
It is in fact as I remember it and as I suspected:

CLEAR's exclusive, dedicated paths to security screening lanes offer members speed and predictability using biometric identification kiosks. CLEARlanes are easily identified with a large blue CLEARcube and are open from 5am to 9pm daily. Members present their CLEARcard to a uniformed CLEAR attendant, verify their identity with their fingerprints or iris image, and then head through to security screening, by-passing the Travel Document Checker who checks passengers IDs against their boarding passes. clearme

All it does is speed you TO the security screening machines not enable you to bypass them. So it offers no 'solution' to the 'problem' of x-ray machines or fondling. It's basically a "vip" lane like people who travel business/1st class get.

It's the draconian 'solution' for those who don't like waiting along with ordinary folks and are willing to be catalogued for the privilege.

What was I thinking?

edit on 23 Nov 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

As far as foregoing air travel to stay out of the 'big machine' ... I'm not sure what degree of commitment I am prepared to give to stay out of it. I have family in other countries that I must visit. And in order for this approach to be effective one must truly commit to it across the board and in all aspects of life. Meaning that if one is using the internet unprotected, has a bank account, pays taxes, etc, standing on principle on the air travel seems a futile exercise. Given that I am by all measures 'trackable' forfeiting flying to protect myself would achieve no such result.

His excellency Lord David De Rothschild sailed across the Pacific this summer on a boat made of throw away plastic bottles.

He dubbed this craft Plastici and while he claims it was to raise environmental awareness, me thinks the world's reputed richest man does not like the TSA either!

Of course as I mentioned earlier, this qualifies the man as an Adventurer. Adventurers actually have no problem getting from point A to B, because we know that getting there is half the fun! Bypassing International Checkpoints, Security Apparatuses and State Henchmen makes it all the more an adventure!

Ha ha en gaurde!

It really comes down to how much time and effort one chooses to spend fighting those things and whether said time and effort actually bears a heavier personal cost that being indifferent to them.

Rest assured my friend, I shall never give up, nor shall I ever surrender, I shall fight them in the fields, I shall fight them in the hedgerows, I shall fight them in cyber space, and I shall fight them in the line for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!

A pox and a cancer continues to grow unabaded upon this land, threatening the host body with it's malignancy and vile intent.

All it takes for evil to suceed is good men to do nothing in the face of it.

Now if I, a bad man can devote such effort, to battle the evil doers, what is the excuse of the good folk of the dale and hills and valleys not doing the same?

Ha en gaurde!

Meh like I said ... a quick fondle without me having to fork out for dinner and a show is a win anyway.

As a Dominant Sadist of Marque De Sade quality and excess I submit nor bottom to no man or woman!

Ha en gaurde!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Rest assured my friend, I shall never give up, nor shall I ever surrender, I shall fight them in the fields, I shall fight them in the hedgerows, I shall fight them in cyber space, and I shall fight them in the line for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!

And we shall fight them till hell freezes over and then we shall fight them on the ice...
Sorry I couldn't resist continuing that great line of thought...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

It's encouraging to see that some people still value dignity and honor and self respect, over becoming a piece of meat for USDA Inspection.

I don't think many people understand that where the ever expanding government and police state is concerned that if we fail to stop them here, and begin to reverse course, that from here they are just going to keep expanding this system of control.

While people often believe this is about 'security' it is not, it's about expanding markets.

Do you really think once every airport has these Machines the company is just going to fold up and stop doing business?

Of course not, then it will be all about expanding markets.

Do you want to go through a machine to enter a grocery store, a shopping mall, to get on the Interstate?

Mark my words, if we fail to stop this onslaught against our liberties here, we are just going to come under attack again in other places.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You said everything I was going to... but better.

Labor Day, this year, reminded me that when all the people stand up, united, TPTB have to take action.

We are not powerless. We have been here before and will be here again. We have to stand up or they will take over.

History is not in dusty books; it's all around us.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Am I missing something here?

How on earth does iris/fingerprint ID scanning replace a body scan???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join