It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea leader calls for 'enormous retaliation'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

S. Korea leader calls for 'enormous retaliation'

www.cnn.com

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- Hours after North Korea's deadly artillery attacks Tuesday, South Korea's president said "enormous retaliation" is needed to stop Pyongyang's incitement, but international diplomats urgently appealed for restraint.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
[I don't believe this is a duplicate thread, for the other one was a breaking new event. Lots has unfolded in the last 12 hours, this is first public work from South Korean Leaders]

I think this may be it. SK is fed up and already let 2 major events slide [even though last year SK retaliated and killed a few NK commanders and destroyed there ship], NK fought back in march and sank a SK corvette and now this.

IF anyone needs to liberated from Africa to Europe to Asia.. It's the North Koreans and the price will be drastic.

I believe the time is now.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Are North Korea just looking for some more goodies ......?

The squeaky wheel ..... is seeking more grease .

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think they will show restraint, as any action taken will cause the situation to escalate. Where will it stop?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I had posted something along these lines earlier with yonhap as the source...

"Given that North Korea maintains an offensive posture, I think the Army, the Navy and the Air Force should unite and retaliate against (the North's) provocation with multiple-fold firepower," Lee said. "I think enormous retaliation is going to be necessary to make North Korea incapable of provoking us again."

english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
lots of fear mongering also in europe...
guess ther are moore new law's coming up soon to break douwn oure privacy moore..
ofcourse they need an exuus for it...

but its ofcourse also possible that the warlords have decided to create annew war to prevent the coming financial crisis...
until now all bla bla from both korean sides...
edit on 23-11-2010 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Yeah, it seems the ball is on the hill.

It can roll down either side now. Economy, nukes, manuvers, positioning for resources.
Tanks in Afghnistan. New weapons systems, toys of war for the generals, all unwrapped and waiting to be played with. Begging to be put to use. Political pressures, economic, religious.

All ingredients in the recipe for war.

It has the potential to go global.

Brazil unveils massive navy buildup plans

Brazil's plans for a massive naval buildup, which would include nuclear-powered submarines, were greeted with concern that the country's huge defense outlay would trigger copycat actions in neighboring Latin American countries.

www.spacewar.com...

Everyone's getting ready for the party. Is that the fat lady singing?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I think South Korea has the right since they were attacked to do whatever they want back.

If say the US was attacked there wouldn`t be the need for debate on what happens nor would China be wanting to know what to do and need permission, nor Russia, nor Iran. If a stern message is not sent to North Korea on this it will happen again, and again, and again. Time to stop this from occurring if you ask me.
I know it could get ugly fast but that will only get much worse the longer it`s let go on and it`s not right it keeps happening.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
They have nukes, they have nukes. It's not funny. They in fact own WMD's... war on Iraq was a child's game compared to this. If nukes start flying - Korean peninsula will turn into wasteland. Though I'd like that the totalitarian regime in NK would be dismantled. Anyone who tries to attack them needs pretty damn good Air defense system.

So - I ask if there's anyone that can say for sure that no Nuclear Bombs will reach SK and explode there. If SK doesn't own UBER-nukeshield - I don't think they should start war.

Also - it's maybe naive of me to say that regime change should come from within NK not with foreign intervention. But that's almost impossible.

Regime in Nazi Germany changed after they lost WW-II, regime in Fascist Japanese Empire changed after they lost WW-II, regime in Fascist Italy changed after they lost WW-II. USSR collapsed after 69 years from within. People in Germany, Italy and Japan live way better than people in Russia and post soviet republics.

War with NK if won - is better than to wait for it to collapse.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by archasama

Regime in Nazi Germany changed after they lost WW-II, regime in Fascist Japanese Empire changed after they lost WW-II, regime in Fascist Italy changed after they lost WW-II. USSR collapsed after 69 years from within. People in Germany, Italy and Japan live way better than people in Russia and post soviet republics.

that's the best point Ive read on ATS in a few weeks...
This thread was making, alone, for your point.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

A South Korean may beg to differ with you .

Though I take the point you are make `in the grand scheme of things`.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Finally!
A major conflict and an act of aggression that did not involve the Religion of Peace.
Who woulda thunk it?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
With talk of them possibly wanting US tactical nukes there after 19 years, I wonder. Obama wants to rid us of nukes, yet really has no friends overseas.................will he or won't he? I betting he won't.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
dreaded double post.
edit on 23-11-2010 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
South has to go to the un and prove what happened, and russia and china will dampen it.

Un is the only thing the south can do for now, and only anglo american empire will support the south.
edit on 11/23/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This could turn out to be nothing more that another minor skirmish between the two Koreas, however, I believe that this is the opening shot in the next great war. I really don't think N. Korea is insane enough to try to take on the U.S. and S. Korea by themselves, and in my opinion they have been given assurances by China, and possibly Russia, that if the sh*t hits the fan they will back them. It is now that we will find out who is truly friend and who has been blowing smoke up our a$$ the whole time. This is going to have far reaching ramifications. Hang on to your hats folks, we're about to turn this thing up a notch.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Even if 10,000 South Korean troops were killed in any skirmish, its not worth going to war for it. It would ruin SK's economy and destruction of homes and commercial estates.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

A modern Blitzkrieg would do the job. SK + US, NATO... if they want to can gather an army that will occupy NK lightning fast. And then South Korean infrastructure, economy wouldn't be destroyed. Instead they'd get vast mineral resources from NK.

This only works if NK has no allies. If NK is allied with China or Russia or - oh save us God - them both. Then it'd be no Blitzkrieg but WW-III.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This only works if NK has no allies. If NK is allied with China or Russia or - oh save us God - them both. Then it'd be no Blitzkrieg but WW-III.

They don't. China won't help like it did in the 50's.. Not a chance.
Too much to lose.

Some people think China is holding NK as a political bargaining tool.. Sort of like US holds ISrael, or vice versa

I understand China needs that buffer zone and doesn't want a flood on North Koreans... but I can't see them starting another proxy war.

Lets be done with North Korea.

top topics

join