It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Would Appear Literally ANYTHING Is Possible.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have been looking at ATS for quite some time now and it is obvious there are many beliefs and viewpoints, sometimes clashing mercilessly.

It occurred to me that there are basically two camps: people who believe anything is possible and people who do not accept a certain version of reality because...exactly, why?

To clarify: I am not implying people who believe anything is possible are naive or that people who limit themselves are retarded, or - if you prefer - mentally challenged.

On the contrary, the ones who accept all possibility assume the position along the lines of, ''the more I know, the more I realize there is to know'' and usually avoid statements like ''you're a liar'' , ''I'm skeptical'' and so on. They, of course, do exhibit these traits but do not feel the need to make sure everyone knows this is their particular stance.

People who limit themselves are more direct, they prefer ad hominem approach when all else fails. I do not think this approach is negative, it is more like a defense mechanism.

To conclude, everyone is a product of their environment, so even if we think we are open to 'all possibility' , we are still bound by a particular culture and its collective perception of the world.

It appears the many-worlds interpretation makes things like shape-shifting and creating brand new worlds out of thin air as real as anything else you may think of.

On a personal note, I encountered a young boy in Egypt about two years ago. When he approached me, I thought it was just another money-making scam (locals - tourists, bargaining and all that, if you've been to these countries you'll know what I mean). He kept referring to me as 'the man' and could do things mainstream science would never even dream of. More than that, he actually could teach others!

This encounter forced me to re-evaluate my stance on ancient mystery schools. They are not a bunch of ragtag idealists. That's what they want you to think.

Ask yourselves this: is it possible each of us experiences their own version of what is possible/impossible?

If so - what determines that?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
It's impossibe that everyone on ATS will agree on one thing.

edit on 23-11-2010 by Tykonos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Wrong we all agreed on the Terms and Conditions before joining....lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well, I will happily admit to being one of the "anything is possible" subscribers - but this came after having spent my youth and young adulthood with firm faith in science and definitely not in the spooky side of life. Events transpired, I was blown out of my tree, and here I am, middle-aged and finding real faith in my own observations. My children have inspired part of this as I have a daughter who is clairvoyant. My own, first person experiences came in the early part of the 2000s and have increased in frequency and profundity since. They are sprinkled with tests of my faith, because that's how it is.

I like this side a lot better. It's rich and meaty and full of miracles. Every day sees my faith strengthening and I know for a fact that all things are possible.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by concordant
Ask yourselves this: is it possible each of us experiences their own version of what is possible/impossible?

I think that when someone has something "impossible" happen to them, then they have to believe. It's better to believe, and move on, knowing this is a weird world, than to question your sanity.

Others won't believe unless they also have experienced the "impossible". This makes it hard to tell someone about the incident, because people then think the person is either crazy or evil.

I've had the impossible happen on a couple of occasions, my son was witness to one of them. Very cool.

Another "impossible" happening did leave me questioning my memory for a bit, but it came down to either the impossible happened or I was missing a chunk of time. I would rather believe in the impossible, than the idea of losing my mind. Plus, I have an above average memory, and have never lost time before, therefore the impossible must be what happened.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

Originally posted by Tykonos

Wrong we all agreed on the Terms and Conditions before joining....lol

lol, dam you!

2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I've had several impossible events in my lifetime so far...
I have told few. In fact only those with me at the time and a the rare confidant. I once posted an experience and to my expectation the truth was unbelievable.

My experiences, environment, has led me to keep an open mind about much of what I hear and read. If it is too startling I begin researching.

I broke my leg in the first week of High School going through hell week. Tackling drills and I was clipped and the tibia was fractured. 3 months at home and back to school. While at home I was watching gymnastics and thought that this is amazing/impossible. I joined the gymnastics team and ended up being the 1st in state in all around, rings, high bar, parralel bars and floor exercise. My freshman year in gymnastics taught me that IF you can picture it , you can do it.

Since then I have maintained the belief that all things are possible to those that believe they can do it...AND work relentlessly to accomplish their desire.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by concordant

"anything" is possible but "everything" is not.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

"Agreeing" to fully understand and decide to adhere to said understanding.

I'll bet 10/1 75%+ ATS users didn't even read the requests they were being asked to "agree" to. It is evident in many posts.

So I disagree. Not everyone "agreed" to the T&C of ATS, they did however all click the button.

And to the OP. We all have sides, but what is most important imo, is planting corn on both. We shall both be hungry at some point, and ought to be willing to share our harvest.

edit on 23-11-2010 by recycled because: forgot how to form a sentence. lol

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

It may be how things are. How would we know? We're barely aware of our own lives, let alone everything else that goes on. We don't even know what we don't know yet. How it is possible for anyone to make a declaration of anything with any vague sense of certainty is beyond me. It's far wiser to err on the side of "everything is possible" when our observational skills are so poor, don't you agree?

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

YES!!!

Yes, everyone does have their own version of what is possible and what is impossible. Like everyone has their own version of what is right/good and what is wrong/evil. Like everyone has their own beliefs in what happens in this world and/or in the next. Everyone's views on things and experiences are different then others and that is the beauty of our world.

What determines this is a totally different and difficult question. I believe in reincarnation so I believe we choose the lives we live for certain reasons and experiences that we are meant to experience. So we choose these lives and beliefs we are to have for a purpose. So everyone chooses to their own experiences in their lives, so therefore we all choose our own beliefs/experiences of which we deem is possible or impossible in this life. That is my opinion on this subject.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Positive thinking of the mind, heart and soul can do amazing things if you accept this. All man and women has created this era through believing in themself.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Thanks for all your answers. If you've any more thoughts, you're welcome to u2u me. Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
There are 2 types of people in this world. You've got your Mulder's, and then you've got your Scully's.

And your Skinners. Don't forget them. All the Mulder's and Scully's have jaw clenching bosses.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I Personally love this statement, If what you say were true, Then in fact the very thing that is prohibiting you would be yourself. Now assuming this is all true ask yourself this, What do you do when you realize that you can do anything? Gets you thinking

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I have often wondered, If we live in a world where "anything" is possible, why can't the average Joe make that "anything" happen anytime? After all, it should be possible, shouldn't it?
If everyone has their particular "anything" being possible, then might that cancel out others?
Are we just subject to random chance, or is there something more, a pattern perhaps?
If everyone wanted the same "anything", would the chances be better that we could make it happen?
If it were so, then who would stand to benefit by influencing us to think a certain way?
Who indeed?
And why?
edit on 11/26/2010 by reticledc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
I have often wondered, If we live in a world where "anything" is possible, why can't the average Joe make that "anything" happen anytime? After all, it should be possible, shouldn't it?
If everyone has their particular "anything" being possible, then might that cancel out others?
Are we just subject to random chance, or is there something more, a pattern perhaps?
If everyone wanted the same "anything", would the chances be better that we could make it happen?
If it were so, then who would stand to benefit by influencing us to think a certain way?
Who indeed?
And why?

For some reason that makes me think about Christianity, Apologies to any christians, But when you think about what you said then if the majority believes in this religion, Witch most do then it becomes possible witch it in most peoples minds is. But! if you think about something like example, Vampires most people believe them to be in the realm of Impossible making it something that is not real.

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

nice thought and post

yeah there are some open minded posters and some who have already decided what they beleive on pretty much everything, but the worse kind of posts, i think, are the people that come to a nice lengthy, well written post about something and instead of offering another viewpoint on the subject they just say something along the lines of " no " with no logic no reason haha

you know what, though, ats is great and it's a learning experience and gaining of social wisdom to interact with such different personalities and learn the best ways to introduce new ideas to each group of people

again, nice post and thoughts

is anything possible? my beleif would be yes
edit on 11/26/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Winners are generally the ones who think everything is possible.

To be honest, the whole composition of the Universe and the space around us provide limitless possibilities to those who do not tie themselves up with the false limitations that man has created through the one-sided scientific , rational and reason-based hypotheses.

edit on 27-11-2010 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Who indeed?
And why?

I think that we (our souls) do live in a world where everything is possible. However we make the occasional trip down below where we are bound by Time and Space (and more..). But is is only temporary .

That is not to say that we cannot circumvent some of the restrictions whilst we are stranded here.

What is important is to realise is that it would be absolutely boring to have everything that we wanted. In fact no pleasure could come from this. Perhaps that is why we are here. By knowing what is 'lack' we learn to enjoy 'plenty'. By knowing what is 'sad' , we learn to experience what is 'happy'.

The average human is subject to the ups and downs. The enlighted humans do not have these unfulfilled needs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join