It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Property Tax Terrorism - It's Happening Here and Now

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
For Government, Property taxes are the perfect tax.

Here is why:
Everyone pays them for fear of losing their home
AND
Even if your income goes down, your home value can remain the same (or worse) go up - actually increasing your tax burden despite a lower income.

Also. most people have property taxes included in their mortgage payment so the increase is not in plain sight!

I recommend reading this post on my website:
Why Property taxes are a central fight for our future

This is an issue which has consumed much of my time and the reason why I started our website.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I know,not entirely,but completely on topic.......

Government controlled demographics=Diaspora.

=We wanna make this a giant tourist resort,and you amerikaners can do service jobs for us...

For who?.

Who?.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
Not only do my wife and I pay property tax on our home but here each year we also pay taxes on the vehicles. Now I paid sales tax on those vehicles when they were bought to begin with. Only one of those vehicles has held and will hold some of the value I paid for it. The others keep depreciating, the taxes though still come every year.

If I owned anything like a boat (even a small johnboat) or a small popup camper trailer I would have to pay taxes on those as well each year.

This paying taxes on things each year that I have already paid taxes on when purchased burns me up. I could choke the life out of the person who came up with such a stupid redundant idea.

Raist

Same where I live. When you buy a vehicle, you go through sticker shock
buying it in the first place, and then 45 days later you get a face slapping
shock with the sales tax we have to pay along with the cost of the license
plate. This goes on every year we own the vehicle, over and over and over.
They say it is to pay for the priviledge of driving on our wonderful pothole
highways. Then we have to pay the ridiculous tax on each gallon of gas
that also is supposedly paying for the highways. When people move here
from out of state, they cannot believe the cost of putting a vehicle on the
street, and I know some that have actually moved back to their original
state after saying "screw this".

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AP-Chris

Yeah,fear....

Once again,that ole gummy bear spine syndrome comes in again.

I prefer being homeless,than to committing myself to a 30 year mortgage (30 year prison sentence),with no guarantee from anyone,in fact a contract making it clear to me as such by everyone who I need to guarantee anything...any way...

That I am just a naked slave,contracted to remain such,in perpetuity.

You guys really gotta learn to read..

And realize how temporary you all are.

And revel in the chaos that is now,because the only guarantee you have is that someday you will die.

Your reality is a lie,that is why it has become such a nighmare.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nohopeeverTax is part of life.

Taxes are no more than legalized thuggary. The taxpayers recieve nothing for them.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

You are right.

My husband and I are seniors and the biggest raise in our property tax went towards the schools, which we don't even use.

As stated before, my property tax doubled from last year and seniors are on a fixed income.

TPTB are trying to make it next to impossible to keep your property.

I did write in to our Representative but fat good that will do us.

No reply yet.

posted on Dec, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Atom12

Thank you - will look into this.

its not always so simple.... i had to appeal twice, (denied reappraisal both times) the trick the Appraisal used was to lump my land locked acre together with the ocean front properties across the Inlet that go for $250k for an unimproved 1/2 acre lot.

see, they lumped us together because the ocean front properties were finally getting municipal sewer lines and the effluence had to be pumped out under the main village boundaries, and all the existing septic systems had to hook up to the central sewer line at another $1500 assessment, on top of the $2k tax rate increase.

Village of Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC
www.mapquest.com...

see the 'x' in Vauxhall just left of the old Post Office location marker on the map, thats mr bashor the boat builder see the 'V' of vauxhall thats the 10 acre Causey farm ...my land was smack dab in the middle of the big green space just north of those ... a dedicated 12' road to my property... evidently the HUD planners had a long range idea for my cul-de-sac land & forced me to their plans

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AP-Chris
For Government, Property taxes are the perfect tax.

Yes, you are right about that and thank you for your website. It's time we get behind efforts like yours.
Property taxes are the most UNFAIR tax of all. The only way this will change is for all the sheeple to WAKE UP to the many ways they are being taken advantage of by the purposefully complicated and corrupt property tax system. It is truly amazing to me how many property owners never even bother to look at their record card. We should be looking at EVERYONE's record cards. When we did that in our town we found that almost every record card had errors on it. Plus we found that the assessors had given themselves assessments way below market value. Just one of the perks they take from the job. It's time to bring this up to all of our Senators and Legislators and demand an end to this corrupt system. We should be able to own our property in the USA not rent it from the government. Nothing will change as long as we stay silent.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

Property taxes are generated by the state and for the state this money usually goes for Medicaid, pension funds, social services, schools ect.

Because of the economic downfall with the housing,states needs to increase taxes specially property to pay for the expenses that the federal grands and subsidies can no longer support.

Yes is corruption as usual and that is the big issue here.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Atom12

You are right.

My husband and I are seniors and the biggest raise in our property tax went towards the schools, which we don't even use.

As stated before, my property tax doubled from last year and seniors are on a fixed income.

TPTB are trying to make it next to impossible to keep your property.

I did write in to our Representative but fat good that will do us.

No reply yet.

The end goal may very well be to take our property by escalating property taxes to un-scalable and un-payable heights
It will do some good if you get others together in your area and keep the pressure on. There is strength in numbers, and some Senators are looking to get rid of property taxes in their states: Senator Chip Rogers in GA for one. FL, North and South Dakota, Texas and SC all have made efforts in that direction. (You will find the Teacher's Mafia Union will be your biggest opponent).
There was such a stink made in MA over the last two years that the legislators are now meeting with the local attorney who wrote the book exposing property tax corruption, (Are You Gettting Screwed On Your Property Taxes? How To Find Out and How To Fix It!).
Also, one more suggestion - if your assessors live in your town or city, get a copy of their property record cards and take a look at their valuations. If they are lower than market value report them.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

Thank you again for the informational post.

I don't normally print out posts but yours I did.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join