It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Nuclear Orgasm: Raping the world one explosion at a time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Japanese artist Isao Hashimoto has created a beautiful, undeniably scary time-lapse map of the 2053 nuclear explosions which have taken place between 1945 and 1998, beginning with the Manhattan Project's "Trinity" test near Los Alamos and concluding with Pakistan's nuclear tests in May of 1998. This leaves out North Korea's two alleged nuclear tests in this past decade (the legitimacy of both of which is not 100% clear). Each nation gets a blip and a flashing dot on the map whenever they detonate a nuclear weapon, with a running tally kept on the top and bottom bars of the screen. Hashimoto, who began the project in 2003, says that he created it with the goal of showing"the fear and folly of nuclear weapons." It starts really slow — if you want to see real action, skip ahead to 1962 or so — but the buildup becomes overwhelming.

I must say, I am shocked at my own level of ignorance when it comes to nuclear testing around the world. Had no idea how many of them have been happening all over the globe since 1945. I would probably be even more shocked to know the extent of natural, human and animal health and atmospheric damages these tests have caused directly or indirectly. Don't the numbers seem a bit high? and by so few countries? What is the true nuclear agenda?

edit on 23-11-2010 by Isawsomething because: Added video info

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Isawsomething

This has been posted on here a few times before. They also did one of major battles in the past 1000 years recently too

World Battleground, 1000 years war in 5 minutes

Nuclear Bombs 1945 - 1998 Map

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
reply to post by Isawsomething

This has been posted on here a few times before.

Yes, I've seen it myself.

Allbeit with a less sexual thread title.
edit on 23-11-2010 by belial259 because: accidentally hit enter before I finished typing my post

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
This has been posted on here a few times before. They also did one of major battles in the past 1000 years recently too

World Battleground, 1000 years war in 5 minutes

Nuclear Bombs 1945 - 1998 Map

-thread closed-

top topics

join