It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Modifies Pat Downs/Protests dated for 11/24/10

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Then you must not have read any of the stories where the people who refused both scans were put in a room for any amount of time. Someone on the side of this "cause" should really do their homework. Also do you really think the government only does what they are "allowed" to do?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Is it just me, or is it a bit wierd that you have the joker as your avatar and are advocating that we all stand there and just take the incursion of our liberties? Your avatar did nothing but cause chaos... just like these "terrorists," and now we have to live with the consequences.

First, you must realize that you sir are acting like an idiot right now. Just because they say it makes us safer does not make it a true statement. People lie. There are a couple quotes here that seem perfect for our situation.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."
Lord Acton

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." Benjamin Franklin

"Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will soon be plowing for those with swords."
Anonymous (No proof that Jefferson actually spoke or wrote these words)
________________________________________________________________________________________

The US government used 9/11 to take our freedoms at an unprecented rate since. I cannot find evidence that these procedures make us any safer, can you? Are you able to justify taking liberty for a threat, one that much evidence points to not even existing?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Your really a class act of a moron so your just disregarding the fact that they could still see anything on the person. Not everyone is going to be gun ho to shove an item up their anus or down their throat. Not everyone is that well... anal.

Wow... this thread should be closed. It's gone well beyond the point of having any sort of redeeming qualities. Your response here indicates that you've nothing of any substance to say and have basically been reduced to insulting people in an effort to shore up your position. I think that's what most people call "Fail".

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Are you serious? OK I know I said I was done before, but I'm out now. You are going to call me a moron when you can't understand this simple concept. It doesn't matter if they can see something on the body. IT DOES NOT MATTER. I know you are just trolling, but in case there is anyone else here that is as willfully ignorant as you are I'm explaining it. Do you think a terrorist intent on taking down a plane would think twice about your immature stigma of what putting something in your a** might indicate if he is on a mission? No he wouldn't think twice about it. So yes I understand that you say the scanners can see everything ( i still think you are wrong and you can't prove you are right), but what you can't seem to get is that yes, the would pack something in their body to blow up a plane (people smuggle drugs like this all the time) The fact that they can do this makes the scanners pointless because it gets them right by. They get scanned, nothing on their bodies, get in the plane then what do you know they got one on.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2KJMan

And at that time when 911 happened, were you protesting at the airport for terrorist rights? No you were screaming for more sanctions and higher security. So I'll again ask everyone, what did you expect to happen? Also regardless of whether or not you "think" this technology helps or not it does and like I said the next one will be able to see your lunch.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Then you must not have read any of the stories where the people who refused both scans were put in a room for any amount of time. Someone on the side of this "cause" should really do their homework. Also do you really think the government only does what they are "allowed" to do?

Again.. to shut you down for like the 50th time in this thread. I assume you are saying they get cavity search. Well guess what, because the scans they can just take that scan and it wont see inside of them (obviously) so they will get let through. If they have something inside of them then they would take the nudescan no problem and get right on the plane, even sit next to you maybe (i'll be on my boat).

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Yeah this guy is a major troll. If you read the exchanges that go us to the point of him calling me a moron you will clearly see he is not getting what i'm saying and has no clue what hes talking about (ever).

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Again your "opinion" because in my eyes it stops people from caring items in on themselves. Again not everyone is going to shove something in their body like you think they will. I only call you a moron because your doing and saying the exact opposite of me and in the meantime haven't provided any proof of anything substantial. Other members have and I've thanked them for their contribution. So I'll await the studies you have to find, especially the one where it says all people wanting to do harm will shove something into their body.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hahaha that's funny, I suppose you've also disregarded the other security measures at the airport, all to be used in a whole to make the skies safe. Also you aren't subjected to a cavity search, at least not that I've read yet, your thrown on a no fly list and then subjected to hours of interrogation. Also your counter is still at zero buddy, you've done nothing to change my mind so therefor you've done nothing to shut me down.

edit on 23-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: added a r

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

What are you talking about? You are talking like you are expecting just everyone to bring something on a plane. We are talking about terrorists. If they find out they can get something on a plane bringing it in their body then that is the path they will take. It only makes sense? You keep thanking people in this thread like anyone is agreeing with you. You have gone off your lithium or are 12 years old. I asked you for proof. I havent said anything I need to provide any for it's all common sense.
You are hoping it will catch people bringing stuff on them, i'm telling you, they of course will trade that route in for packing their bodies DUH. The people that would bring it on their bodies will use the other method now that there is a device to catch the one. What you don't understand is that they are leaving a doorway unprotected and giving a get out of jail free card to people that would choose that doorway by letting them through the scanners.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Oh I've shut you down. I just don't think you realize it. That lack of the cavity search is what makes the problem. Obviously they can't give people random ones, so if they can't give a cavity search and the backscatter scanner doesnt catch stuff in cavities then it's rendered useless.

edit on 23-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I've given proof which you didn't accept. I've also given reason to why the whole security system works in a whole. I've also stated that not everyone, yes even terrorists, will shove something into their body. I've been agreed with although seldom thats fine, I'm not trying to win a popularity contest, like someone
. Also you've shown me no facts that this doesn't work at all, if it hasn't stopped anything then show me the reports. Shouldn't be hard they should be EVERYWHERE.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Useless for finding something in a cavity, when it isn't meant to seacrh the cavity at all... Hmmm shutting me down or being redundant, take your pick. Why would it do something it wasn't designed to do, again there are other security measures in place to find things in a cavity, such as dogs.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

See you haven't show anything. You are obnoxious. You are the one supporting the scanners, I don't have to show you it not stopping something. You have to show me it stopping anything. I've asked you for several pages and you have yet to do it. Someone even commented to that fact.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

You haven't contributed "anything of substance either" except to label me as a troll and to call for the thread to be shut down. Funny how when something pisses people off they want it off the market. Much like these AIT scanners.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Actually I never asked for the thread to be shut down. That was someone else.
2nd

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

reply to post by bertapearl

My rights? Last time I checked your flying at THEIR airport. Just like if you don't like the no shirt, no shoes policy tough luck you still won't get in MY store. When something is yours you can choose how it should be run, otherwise your going into a government run place where your say means just about nothing. The government hasn't worked for the people for a long time, those of you with dillusions that it still does need to either do something about it or conform to the system. America still has the best way of life in the world, don't like it move.

Sieg heil!! Goosestep much?
"Rights and priveleges" who "owns" the "property"? You own your body! its where all your rights come from.
These "love patdowns were purposely made more agressive and humiliating to force you to go through the scanner. We are not partners in security ( as Napolitano loves to say ). This is being heavy handedly forced on us. People are reasserting their authority over glorified mall cops.the guy whos medical appliance ( urine bag) that was dislodged informed the tso of his "appliance" and asked for a private area.the tso said they didn't have one proceeded to roughly search him and dislodged his catch bag.getting urine all over the traveler. People have had enough.

CBS) A bladder cancer survivor from Michigan who wears a urostomy bag that collects his urine says a rough pat-down by a security agent at Detroit Metropolitan Airport caused the bag to spill its contents on his shirt and pants.

Tom Sawyer told CBS Affiliate WLNS that on November 7, after electing to go through the airport's new full-body scanner, he was pulled to the side to be patted down by a TSA agent.

The 61-year-old retired special education teacher said he asked to be examined more discreetly.

Sawyer told WLNS correspondent Jessica Maki that after being taken to a private area, he alerted the TSA agents about his urostomy bag and the danger of its lid being undone, but they didn't listen.

And when the pat-down began, Sawyer says the agent was so rough, the cap on the urostomy bag came off, spilling urine on him.

"No apology, no recognition - Is that urine? - no nothing, no offer to help me," Sawyer said. "And I had to face the fact that I had to walk through the airport with urine."

www.cbsnews.com...
We've all been to the doctor; been seen nekkid by strangers ( ever been in a locker room?) It's the principle.
Perhaps someday you'll understand the importance of being vigillant over the abuse of rights before it goes so far it can never beturned around.
Mohammed and his favorite goat "bella" arer sitting in a cave halfway around the world laughing his butt off as he prepares a$50.00 tampon bomb.He doesn't even have to kill anybody just have it show up and our govt will react.That's control.Their strategy ( recently published online) is to bring this country down by a thousand small cuts to gum up the system.

They have gained control over our govt now! We can take it back by peeking our heads out from under our baby blue security blankets getting rid of the pacifier and and standing up to them like men( and strong woman).
edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by 4nsicphd

I'm not talking going in with the sheriff they have their own holding cells in the airports, where you could be held as long as the officials see fit. Don't believe me go to the airport and protest tomorrow.

And what "officials" can hold you? The TSA can't. The airport authority has no police force. Are they going to get Deputy Dawg to come over from Hanna Barbera Park to do it. It sounds like you are getting ready to put on a badge and try. Oh please do.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

You really can't read can you that was a reply to blarney.

2nd line.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join