It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Modifies Pat Downs/Protests dated for 11/24/10

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Well it seems that everyone who's been crying about getting patted down, is going to finally get their way... Sort of. TSA plans to modify how the pat down procedure works and says the "random" screenings will also be looked at more carefully. Here's a link to the news feed on MSN: www.msnbc.msn.com...

The video discusses the plans of TSA may be changing and also a protest of these screenings that has been posted on sites all over the internet slated to take place on 11/24/10. The protests are said to be people that are going to go to the checkpoint areas in airports and protest at them, creating waits and even possibly shutting down terminals. There could be a major riot from this especially on one of the busiest traveling days of the year. I foresee many arrests if this is to take place and even many injuries, both by the people trying to keep order and the agitated people that are actually going to the airport to travel.

My opinion: I think this is complete and utter bull, to me these devices stop more harm then they cause and the only reason people are getting patted down is because they refuse the scanner or set off the metal detector. To anyone who will say these scanners cause cancer, brain disease, etc. I'd like you to post actual proof that you will gain a condition from these devices while only seldom having to walk through one. To anyone saying that being touched like this is "unconstitutional" I say to you; Would a cavity search be better?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
One link to a protest site: www.resistnet.com...

Another thread about it: www.airliners.net...

I believe this is the official website for the protests: www.optoutday.com...

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
You are another person that just doesn't get it. Not everyone opts out of the scanners because they want to cause trouble, many opt out because it truly makes them uncomfortable and then they are subjected to more humiliation. It's humiliation. Maybe most people have lost their morals, but alot of old women I know would die of embarrassment knowing some stranger is getting to see them naked. In their whole lives the two people that have seen them in that vulnerable nude state are their husbands and doctors. It's not fair to the people.

Also, there was an article that said the odds of cancer from one of these machines is very low, actually, about the same as the odds of being killed by a terrorist.
www.boingboing.net...

Also it's a legitimate concern, especially when you consider people like the woman that had survived breast cancer not wanting to be exposed to extra radiation (she ended up having to show her prosthetic breast to a TSA member) and what of people that fly very frequently?

It's wrong, and there are better ways.

Also you say they stop more harm, before the new procedures were instituted I don't recall there really being a big problem with terrorists under the post 9/11 security. And if you're honest, you have to agree. One underwear bomber that was very fishy.

Have you read anything about why these were instituted. It's not about preventing harm it's about making the U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security rich.

gawker.com...

Anyone that doesn't see the problems here is blind. This is the kind of stuff the people on this site are usually outraged about.
edit on 23-11-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: ...

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

they stop more harm than they cause? What have they stopped? Nothing.

Shoe bomber: no
underwear bomber: no
yemen package: no

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Well, even though I agree that they aren't needed those points aren't really relevant as two of them were prior to the new scanners and one was shipping. However, they have already said that these scanners wouldn't have caught the underwear bomber as the plastic/powder explosive he was using wouldn't have shown up.

The underwear bomber was very fishy, he came about right after the original outcry over the naked scanners.
People complained, the naked scanners got pushed back, he appeared, they are everywhere. There are many articles claiming he was put on the plane by a government agent, and he was allowed on with a flagged visa.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
To anyone who will say these scanners cause cancer, brain disease, etc. I'd like you to post actual proof that you will gain a condition from these devices while only seldom having to walk through one.

Why are people that defend the TSA so obtuse? The proof should be on the other foot, how about proof that the devices being forced on millions of people don't cause problems? How about an independent study - number of people tested, number of years, and conditions arising from the use? Do we even know how the calibration of the machines impacts the exposure to risk and who performs the calibration? Do we even know if the machines offer any increase in security? Why do you say seldom? Some people travel every day and given their use at court houses, an employee might be subjected to them multiple times per day.

To anyone saying that being touched like this is "unconstitutional" I say to you; Would a cavity search be better?

That doesn't make any sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Like I said before and I'll say again if your "uncomfortable" with it, find another way to travel. A plane isn't the only way and believe me I do get it, people need to suck up their pride and go through it or don't fly.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I am a victim of sexual abuse, and have a hard time letting anyone touch me--let alone a stranger! I'm sure (?) you've heard of post-traumatic stress disorder. That's one of my diagnoses. Pleez, if Israel can perform security at a higher performance level than these obscene "searches" with a fraction of the cost to taxpayers, who is this benefiting? NWO?

I just can't believe anyone with a head on their shoulder would let this happen! Give up your rights! I'll fight for mine!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

How doesn't a cavity search make any sense? If you don't like an very noninvasive pat down then maybe you'd like the invasive cavity search.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I assume everyone is aware of all of the abuses by TSA.
They are "just following orders" when they force underage girls to undress in public, and they grope a young boy's testicles.
Always remember that we are allowing this to happen to others, and then read a bit about Nazi Germany...how it all started.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bertapearl

My rights? Last time I checked your flying at THEIR airport. Just like if you don't like the no shirt, no shoes policy tough luck you still won't get in MY store. When something is yours you can choose how it should be run, otherwise your going into a government run place where your say means just about nothing. The government hasn't worked for the people for a long time, those of you with dillusions that it still does need to either do something about it or conform to the system. America still has the best way of life in the world, don't like it move.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

That's completely ignorant. Did you read my example? This is effecting millions of people. What other mode of travel? It's the fastest, a lot of elderly people wouldn't do well in a car for days. What about to other countries? What you said was just a ridiculous statement. If you are traveling out of the country flight is your choice.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Boats go to other countries, tough luck iof your old, theirs people that have never flown at all, they survived, why couldn't you and everyone else that has a problem with someone touching them or seeing a CG image of them naked. I'm a free spirit and could careless if someone has to touch me outside my clothing.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Here you further show your ignorance on the topic. We have the right to fly as Americans. Read the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978. While you're at it hit up article 12 of the constitution.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Ya that video at the "24 second mark" where the supposed touching of testicles happened, shows a guard rolling up a shirt to put back on the boy. No touching of testicles ever took place. Except in the delusional minds of many here.
edit on 23-11-2010 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Well that's you, you don't speak for everyone. They can touch you all they want doesn't mean they have the right to any one else. Also, get real man you are making yourself look foolish in your own thread. Boats aren't a logical at all and you know that (i hope). If you are going to say tough to millions of Americans who have just as much right as you then you aren't worth talking to.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

lol you really must be extremely delusional, as I've already stated this country belongs to the government, not the people. Or have you been living in a hole?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

It doesn't make sense because neither of them are necessary.
It doesn't make sense for you to give it as an option. Reread what you said. See how it doesn't make sense?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Why not people traveled by boat for 1000's of years they seemed to get along fine. I'm absolutely 100% serious, these devices are PROVEN TO KEEP HAZARDOUS MATERIALS OFF OF PLANES, so in all seriousness if you don't like it don't fly. Get over the fact that a boat would take an extremely long time and get with the fact that if you don't go through these procedures that you won't fly anyway!

CX

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
To anyone who will say these scanners cause cancer, brain disease, etc. I'd like you to post actual proof that you will gain a condition from these devices while only seldom having to walk through one.

There is a report somewhere from a doctor who was tasked with doing an independant assement on the health risks of these machines, he states that the doses are harmfull and more than is recommended. (Not the exact words).

I'll dig it out, but i guess theres only any point in doing that if you accept it?

CX.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join