It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS I need your help to solve a MYSTERY!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Bekod is right, her cell phone can be tracked and lead you to within 10 feet of the cell phone.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Do you know if she has a facebook account? Being a 16 year old girl it would seem likely that she does and she would probably post anything she was planning to do on it!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just had to ask, Did you find her?
Anything to report?
I hope she's safe.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
My thoughts :

Camping is would not be on my list and here is why :

1.) The car - Taking into account that she does not know how to drive (or barely knows how to) I would say she needed to be somewhere very fast , and was risking the fact that she might have an accident in favor of getting somewhere fast .

2.) Flashlight - She needed the extra light for something , be it to navigate dark places (as in buildings or underground places , etc..) or she was assuming the light would be helpful out in the wild/country because of the night .

3.) Not telling where she went - Might imply that she could not tell (because of gear of something ) or did not want to distress the family and/or risk the fact that she would be detained at home .

4.) Being a "good child" and a A grade student - This would imply that she knew (or at least assumed that she knew) what she was doing . If she was a good student I would also assume she is an intelligent person so she would think (at least to a point) logically . She probably knows You will be looking for her , and if this is a bad situation she would have left a way to find her just in case . (At least if she was thinking straight)

My conclusion : I would assume that she had to help out somebody in a situation , and needed the light and a fast mode of transportation in order to be successful .

My questions : How anxious was she to get the flashlights operational ? Did she try to hurry You up while You tried to fix them ? Did she look like she was in a hurry ?

I would say go over her things in her room and check for anything unusual , also try and trace back her steps from the time she went out of the house to the time she showed up asking for the flashlights (as in friends, school behavior , if she was seen or acted different than normal)

If I think of something else I will let You know . Best Luck!

Edit: If the phone is still operational , demand that the cops trace the location of the phone (this is doable without a problem ) , are You able to tell us what she was wearing or if something specific is missing from her room (like blankets , extra clothing , money , first aid kit , etc ..)

Also , check the cameras of nearby gas stations , or shops that have outside security cameras on the way from your home , she might have passed by one , and this would at least give you the general direction in which she went and the speed of the car (as in if she was in a hurry or driving calmly)
edit on 23/11/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

is it possible she went to go help someone? she knew nobody would let her take the car, but someone needed help.

Please post what happens

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Have you contacted her teachers? Maybe they could have noticed behavior that wasn't apparent at home...? Maybe depressed? Could she have been having a secret relationship and ran off with the guy? Anyway, I hope the best for your family.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Hope you find your sister safe and well soon oozy.

Sorry can't really offer any more advice at the moment other than what has already been posted.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
2 days now, still no information about her. We called the cops again to see whether they have any info, they said no sign of her yet.

I have checked her facebook, nothing out of the ordinary, checked her e-mail, nothing out of ordinary.

Regarding tracking her through her phone, how do you do that? Don't you need the phone's serial or something? A specific identification?

We only have her phone number, which is related to the sim card, not the phone??

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I think that if her mobile is turned on then the authorities should be able to get a rough fix on the location of the phone.
Not 100% certain but definately worth enquiring into.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Talking to the cops right now, giving phone number.

they are saying the will see what they can do.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hope everything works out for you and your family.

Peace

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I hope you find her soon safe and sound.

Was her behaviour odd or different in the days leading to her missing?

- Check her browser history for visited sites
- Check for calls made from your home phone, and reference any unknwown numbers
- does she have a credit card or charge card? check history
- search her room for any clues, including rubbish
- what clothes are missing from her closet? what else is missing?
- talk to and interview all her friends
- how much petrol was in the car she took? Try to determine radius distance from home and identify possible friends in that area
- as suggested check network sites like facebook, myspace and twitter

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
My sister has gone missing.

I will try my best Oozyism, I do hope everything is alright.

Apparently she did take her phone with her so she was not kidnapped in any way. You said she can't drive so she might have taken the keys and allowed a friend/boyfriend to drive for her.

There are important questions to ask:

1. Was she angry at anyone in family in the past week?
2. Did she find any new friends that might be rebellios in nature?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Thank you for your thoughts.

and to answer your question,

I don't think she was in a hurry, because she was asking me to fix one of the two flash lights in the afternoon, but she apparently went missing at 2 am.

I saw her acting weird around 1am, going upstairs and downstairs, my room door was open, she kept going to the hallway closet, then go back down stairs. Maybe that is also related to the flashlight, because we leave the flashlights in the hallway closet, but I checked the closet for clues, I've found nothing.

At the time I didn't find it odd, because in my house people are usually awake late, and guests come and stay up late, like my uncles and stuff..

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I'm going to think positive here ..

When I was younger I dated a girl whos parents didn't approve of me (im white, she was asian).. one time she stayed at my place for 3 days (with her phone off) but didn't tell anyone where she was going.

Her parents almost filed a missing persons report. It wasn't until she had called her little sister just to say what's up that they realized everything was ok.

My heart goes out to you and your sister and I very much hope it is a scenario similar to what happened to me.

Does she have a curfew? Would your parents ever let her stay anywhere for long periods of time without checking in ?

Also you mentioned "she never drives", but does she have a license?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't know whether she has found any new friends or not, her best friend called, she doesn't know if she met anyone new and they go to the same school.

IT is an absolute mystery.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

As much as I genuinely hate & despise you for your comments about ANZACS I do sincerely hope this works out for you & she is found safe & well!

All the best with this one!

edit on 23-11-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

Well my brother did that too, he ran away, with his girl friend, but my other brother knew about it, so we knew he ran away with a girl. There was at least some information available back then, now there's nothing. I'm sure if she had a boyfriend my sisters would know about it, because they always talk about those type of stuff.

He came back after a week when realized it isn't that easy to live by yourself (without money, or sufficient income), you know the teenage hormones kicking in.

edit on 23-11-2010 by oozyism because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You sure this is accurate ? I live in the same city as you, and generally speaking, someone missing for 48 hours would be all over the news here. (we don't have much news, lol)

Especially a teenage girl......

Something tells me you're not giving us the full story. I am going to check the auckland police missing persons registrar now, and also call a friend who is based at henderson police station. If she has been reported missing in the last week, she will be known to him as that is his area of expertise. I'll do a quick check now, on 16 year old girls missing from west auckland in the last week.

Another thing you mentioned was scholarships for university, as far as I know, the only scholarships here are sporting based. All universities here let anyone in, regardless of prior achievements.

Edit note : Checked missing persons registrar, Auckland police website, contacted a "friend in the force" and also called in to the henderson police station (being the only major police station in west auckland, all information from other stations is "pooled" here - no reports in the last week of a 16 year old girl missing from west auckland - You sure the police are involved ?
edit on 23/11/2010 by Dachende because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Do you think if she asked the parents to go on some sort of trip that they would have said 'no'? Maybe she really wanted to go somewhere, but knew your parents wouldn't approve. Could she have been secretly involved in a club or organization that you parents would disapprove of? Do you know her password to access her email?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join