It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How I Went Through TSA Security Without Being Scanned or Touched"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by mryanbrown

You are correct, and that was the problem. As I stated above, a lot of these old airports were laid out so that the customs area dumped you back into the terminal by the gates (a secured area), rather then into the baggage claim area (an unsecured area). However, not allowing him to cross a restricted area without following security protocol is not considered detention, its considered denial of entry. Its simply that you cannot get to where you want to go too, its not that they are holding you.
See:

Unlawful detention means keeping in custody unlawfully. Under criminal law it means keeping or confining a person in custody without any lawful reason.

They were not keeping him in custody, he was free to move about to his hearts content, as long as he did not enter the secured area. The fact that he had to go through the secured area to exit the building does not constitute an arrest, it simply means that his exit was obstructed by something that he was unable to cross without following certain rules. Again this is an Aviation Authority problem as they are responsible for the buildings layout, its not a problem with the TSA, and they were legally not arresting (detaining) him.

There is a good reason for them making folks go through security after coming from customs into the terminal, but I am not going to explain it here. That issue was resolved by ensuring that he had no contact with people getting onto other flights, by walking him out ringed with guards.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Right, understood. But if the *only* way out to freedom is through a secured area. Then they either need to arrest you for something or let you go. That's all I was saying.

I completely understand the layouts can be engineered to completely eliminate your options.
edit on 24-11-2010 by mryanbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
But if the *only* way out to freedom is through a secured area.

Technically the area between the customs checkpoint and the terminal security checkpoint would be considered a free area, and that is what they are saying by telling him he is free to go “back that way”. While we might not consider it freedom in the context that a normal person is used too, legally its still considered freedom as you are not being held in custody.

Originally posted by mryanbrown
I completely understand the layouts can be engineered to completely eliminate your options.

I don’t think that the airport was intentionally engineered to cause this problem. It’s simply that older airports were not designed with this enhanced security in mind making it difficult or sometimes impossible to alter the layout to correct the problem.

For example some airports are laid out in airsides with the baggage pickup area in the central main terminal and the customs area in a special terminal designed to receive customs flights. The only way to correct this problem would involve extensive rebuilding.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

It shouldn't matter, as long as he is an American citizen he is guaranteed entry into his own country. Safe zone, detention, non-detention it doesn’t matter, they were trying to deny an American citizen access to his own country.

The definition of what they were trying to do doesn't seem important. What they were trying to do was. As a citizen all we have to do is have our identification proving we are an American citizen and we have to be allowed into our country. Unless you have active warrants or some reason to be detained there shouldn't be anything stopping you coming into your own country.
edit on 11/24/2010 by Everwatcher33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone has heard of the word " Freeman " I, you, we, all have the right to move about our country as we have not committed a crime. It is going to take many more instances of civil disobedience befoer the T.S.A. and the Dept. of Homeland Security gets the message. I call for a boycott of the aviation industry and let the airlines provide the security and not the Feds.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Yes!
Please protect me from the terrorists.. and cause more impact in my daily life then they ever will.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2
I wonder if anyone has heard of the word " Freeman " I, you, we, all have the right to move about our country as we have not committed a crime. It is going to take many more instances of civil disobedience befoer the T.S.A. and the Dept. of Homeland Security gets the message. I call for a boycott of the aviation industry and let the airlines provide the security and not the Feds.

Sorry, your suggestion won't do anything.

BigGov will nationalize the airlines when they go belly-up. They'll eventually do that with ALL forms of transportation. You will be severely limited as to travel. Read Nazi history. That is all that is required to see where we are headed.

The American public, under the age of 50, have been "educated" to accept globalism and reject nationalism, so no meaningful resistance will happen. When a poll was taken right after the TSA abuses started 81% were for ANYTHING that would keep them safe.

Bottom line, we're screwed. Don't look for anyone to launch a sustained porotest thar will make any reform. TPTB may back down till the heat dies down, but they'll come back with ever more intrusive "policies" and the brain-dead masses will comply.

The last time for REFORM to be attempted was about 50 years ago, which resulted in the murder of JFK. Reform is not viable. Revolution is not viable. Enslavement is inevitible.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I hear farting works though never tried it.
If everyone agreed to 'fart' at the right time, that could work.
Especially when the TSA figures out it is no 'accident'.
Never seen a fellow get arrested and certainly not 'retained' for farting, you?

"Catch and Release", applies.

Regardless, just 'l0^0k' at the fellow next to you or 'excuse' or rather accuse the TSA agent 'it'self lol.
Animals do it all the time when they're 'molested' though they know no shame about it all.

Just another lesson learned from the animal kingdom.
Why recreate nature's wheels, for they are much older and Of the Creator.
TSA folks would likely quit before having a chance to be fired by the public.

Try it, it works wonders though I seem to have gotten ahead of myself.
All it takes is a little imagination, besides 'stinkies' are better off 'in' the airport than 'In' the plane.
Try to have some fun with all the foolishness.
An appropriate 'stink' for a stinky situation.

Could work at an airport near you.
Anyone may apply their stinky signature at will.
I understand it works in the bedroom as well.

No?

edit on 24-11-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Drug mules, chemical transport, what better way to get thru customs than if the chemical or drug is safely under the skin in a nice, chem-neutral sillicon bubble. Shake thos boobs TSA! if you hear bubbles or something moving around, it's not sillicon. Oops, maybe it's milk and those things are real. "Not wait, put her thru the deathscatter again, I'm sure I saw shadded areas in her boobs. Let me grab them and shake them one more time."

My fellow American citizens are not baggage, so don't treat them as such.

Temp

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Speedo Protester got through without a search too.

My friend Jimmy successfully navigated a TSA security checkpoint in a speedo swimsuit at the Salt Lake City International Airport on Tuesday, November 23, 2010 with the words, 'SCREW BIG SIS' written on his back.

Why the speedo? With the way TSA screening is going it only seems like the next logical requirement for getting on an airplane. Soon TSA will be having us strip down to make the screening process more efficient, but not if we take a stand. In this sense Jimmy was merely obliging the TSA, but he was also exposing the ridiculousness of their policies. With the full-body scanners and TSA agents putting their hands down our pants, let's be honest, a speedo is pretty modest.

If you're traveling this holiday season, join the protest and let 'Big Sis' know she's being watched too!

Get more info @ jonanderic.blogspot.com

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Calender

I cannot believe this is more important than the N.Korea attacking S.Korea story...I travel 2 time or so per week for the last 8 years, I have never been touched in a bad way (I know some policies are new) and I have only went through the scanner once...

This in my opinion is a distraction from the economy or something else...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

Who says that it is more important than the current situation in Korea? I can't speak for anyone else, but I can actually pay attention to more than one thing at a time. I think that Korea, TSA, Foreclosure-gate, and a few other problems, rank up there on my list of concerns. I can multi-task that way.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
For what it's worth -

I just went through JFK international airport on my way back to the UK. I was running late so a friend made a call and got me through the first class 'checkpoint' where it's just business as usual. No touching, no scanning, nada...

What does that tell us...?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

reply to post by Everwatcher33

Sorry to be the one to point this out to you, but there is the law, and then there is common sense. Just because something seems to make common sense to the rest of us, does not mean that is the way it’s applied by the law, as silly as that may seem.
So basically…
Laws Common sense
Remember lawyers are those guys who can sit for days arguing over the meaning of the word “is”.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes, I have heard of this guy. All I can say is that it is a rather interesting read. That guy is a hell of a lot more patient than I am...More calm to.

There are several points in that story where I can see myself getting frustrated and maybe a bit rude.

Good for him

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join