It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adramalech
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes really - NK have said that SK attacked first - at least most media outlets in the UK and rest of the world are reporting that. Bet FOX (FAUX) NEWS aint though! Lol

Fox is already probably preparing to send Geraldo over for war reporting.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The simple soloution is to put a Sniper team into NK and take out that SOB and his cronies once and for all. Easy to do and its been done before.

link   
reply to post by Thepreye

well, North Korea probably has more to worry about that it's websites, but i'm actually kind of glad somebody is doing something, and 4chan never ceases to amaze me.

that thing can be a powerful tool. or weapon.

link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

There have been Korean negotiations going on for decades.
Feel free to do any online research. North Korea has always been the ones who for one reason or another has been the ones who have balked.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

Why do you believe that North Korea sank the ship? Just a good gut feeling, or a hunch, or do you have actual concrete intelligence that you aren't sharing with the rest of us?

Why couldn't Iran have done it, or Japan, or Malaysia or any one of a hundred other parties?

I don't have the source any more, but I had read that the actual torpedo was German. The only navy that Germany has sold torpedos to is Israel's, and you know how they roll - "By Way of Deception, We Shall Do War."

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I took it to be an amplification rather than an attack going by what I read in the body of the post but was thrown by the "Grow up" at the end, you must understand that many posters here are capable of that kind of dichotomy in a post and can see where confusion could arise for the recipient.
glad to see no need for a fight.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Curious - Obama was going to address the nation and Fox news just reported that he has changed his mind and will call the SK president instead at 9:00 est. tonight.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

There have been Korean negotiations going on for decades.
Feel free to do any online research. North Korea has always been the ones who for one reason or another has been the ones who have balked.

I have been doing research for years on the topic.

North Korea has in fact come to the negotiating table many times, but here's the problem. The USA does not come to the table to negotiate, we make demands and expect the other party to do what we tell them to. This is why we have had recent diplomatic failings with China, and this is also why our negotiations with Iran always fail.

When nations are invited to negotiate with us, and instead are basically yelled at like naughty kids and told to brush their teeth and go to bed, we get nowhere. Our policy has been to avoid actual negotiations which concede anything for our adversaries, because this is viewed as a sign of weakness by some chickenhawks.

This is all true, "feel free to do any research" and you will come to the light.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CT_Flyboy
The simple soloution is to put a Sniper team into NK and take out that SOB and his cronies once and for all. Easy to do and its been done before.

Yeah, we never tried that.

Hell, we tried over a hundred times to get Castro thusly, in a vacation paradise where he just strolls around and goes swimming and stuff, and failed every time.

Somebody's been watching too many movies.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK

I do not condone the killing of innocents but NK has just done this, the majority of NK are either brainwashed or are in fear and so support a draconian regime, a regime that has always taken the pi** knowing that the world would do nothing...........about time the world did do something and gave NK a good dosing, sorry if it kills innocents but that is the game NK has set out.

It's easy to talk tough. North Korea has been preparing for the USA and the ROK to launch an all-out nuclear, biological, and chemical attack on them, followed by a full ground invasion, for 50 years.

What you are advocating is just massive bloodshed without any strategic gains. Game theory, which guides our current strategy in Korea and elsewhere around the globe, will simply not allow for such a meaningless excursion.

If we really wanted to hurt North Korea we would slap gigantic tariffs on everything made in China. Tariffs so large, that it'd be cheaper to buy everything from Germany or make it ourselves. This would have a trickle-down effect and would accomplish the objective without striking South Korea and probably Japan off the map.

While I agree with your initial assessment that what the poster you were responding tro was suggesting would be bloodshed without significant strategic gains, what I think you might be missing is the cultural implications of DPRK's current politisphere and how that may affect their actions. DPRK is currently undergoing dramatic domestic political upheaval and Kim Jong-un (for those who are unaware, Kim is the last name, Il-sung, Jong-il and Jong-un are all first names) has been tagged as the successor to the 60 year old Kim Dynasty. This is 16 years after Jong-il took power at age 53. Jong-il had been groomed for power and the public had been groomed to accept him for 15 years before he took power (1979). North Korea is a very elder-oriented culture. It is very difficult for them to take the young nearly as seriously as they take the older.

This brings me to my point. Jong-un is only 27 years old, foreign educated, and the public has only known of him for less than 2 years. There has been no significant period of public grooming, and very few if any myths and miracles attributed to him have been developed and disseminated yet. He will have a hard time gaining acceptance within DPRK military ranks. This is the reason for his promotion to General. However, he will have to earn his stripes in the eyes of both the Korean public and the military elite.

We can expect hostile actions from them, and provocations intended to enable the military prowess of Jong-un to be trumpeted to the people. I don't think "their" intentions are to start WW4, but I also don't put it past a purulent 27 year old dictator larvae to make rash decisions that can have more of the graver of the unintended consequences to become manifest. Currently,Vice Regent Cheng Sung-taek, Jong-il's 2nd in command is running the show as far as day to administrative affairs and will continue to do so after Jong-il's death, that still doesn't prevent a series of events to take place that could lead to a renewal of full-scale military conflict.

Watch the news for US and ROK responses. ROK is already calling for an "enormous retaliation" www.cnn.com... and the US has responded that it is not currently considering further sanctions as the most likely course of action www.irishtimes.com... That doesn't leave much else on the table.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Justaposter

So you know for a fact that the North fired first, then.

I'd love to have a look at your information sources. They must be of impeccable quality for you to be so sure.

I would love to tell you Hatto, but you are behaving like a naughty child so..
NO SOURCE FOR YOU!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secularist
If the Chinese dont deal with this nobody else will, not even America. China protects NK and supports them, so hopefully they do the right thing and tell Kim to stfu.

So you mean North Korea is to China what Israel is to America? You don't actually mean that do you....lol just kidding I know you do.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by Clisen33

NK does what China says..if not.. they dont eat....China says light some fires on the border.Why? to profit!..It takes the heat out of Iran.But I think israel has had enough.If the Stock markets fall ,I'd bet China comes in for some bargains.But they have miscalculated before,like when Perry put the Gunboat in.my gut feeling isnt good.

Actually China told them in no uncertain terms not to develop nukes, and NK did it anyway.

You are working off a 1950s version of Sino-Korean relations. The reality has changed dramatically in the last 60 years.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou You are working off a 1950s version of Sino-Korean relations. The reality has changed dramatically in the last 60 years.

Right.

China has more in common with South Korea these days than it does with it's welfare state communist throwback neighbors just across the border which leaks worse than the Mexican/American border with North Koreans running to China
edit on 23-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
BBC News

"Analysts say incidents such as the sinking of the Cheonan warship in March and the recent artillery firing are unlikely to be rogue actions by the North Korean military. Rather, they are aimed at bolstering Kim Jong-un's standing. "

North Korea Firing: Why Now?

Korean Artillery Clash

More

Don't know if these help or if they've been mentioned.
But according to the BBC News Global Investors are worried.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by edomzer
BABA VANGA?

ooooooooooee lawddyy

this isn't good, its very sad that we live in a world where a little conflict can mess the world up.

everything is possible wait and watch more to come while peoples look to N. korea we have to watch middle east???

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Control

Kim Jong Il was basically raised by his father to "ascend to the throne" as it were. He was brought everywhere his dad went, and while Kim Il-Sung was giving rousing speeches his son was playing with the local village children. This endeared the whole nation tremendously to Kim Jong Il. Later as he came into his teenage years, he spent extensive time in the military, mainly studying theory but also getting out onto the shooting range and onto some ships. This was all very smart as it also endeared the military to Jong-Il as you know.

As you are aware, Kim Jong Il did not groom Jong-Un for the position in the same way. Jong-Un has been brought into the scene just recently. The thought seems to be that in fact, it is preferable for Jong-Un to become the next leader of North Korea, as the other alternatives are the very VERY hawkish generals that are the true day-to-day leaders of North Korea. Jong-Il does get in there and micromanage some aspects of NK, but he is more concerned with choreographing a good dance number, making amateur films, and having a good screw after a luxury dinner.

I don't think there is any good evidence that this action has anything to do with Jong-Un at this point. I'm not saying it's impossible, but there is simply reason to believe it right now.

If it were true, we can be sure to hear about it sooner than later though.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaskeenAzul
reply to post by Thepreye

well, North Korea probably has more to worry about that it's websites, but i'm actually kind of glad somebody is doing something, and 4chan never ceases to amaze me.

that thing can be a powerful tool. or weapon.

Actually 4chan is doing it so South Korea can be blamed for the net attack and North Korea get's pissed and shoots some more missiles there resulting in WWIII. You don't understand the hivemind and probably shouldn't. I don't have the screenshot but the thread was created for the purpose to start WWIII.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

reply to post by Justaposter

So you know for a fact that the North fired first, then.

I'd love to have a look at your information sources. They must be of impeccable quality for you to be so sure.

I would love to tell you Hatto, but you are behaving like a naughty child so..
NO SOURCE FOR YOU!

You know you can just admit you are trolling here and save us both a lot of time.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AtruthGuy

Geraldo!

What a phoney.

He will once again have soldiers shooting past him as he acts oh so dramatic in ducking the gunfire.

What a schmuck.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join