It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Really. You swallow the party line all the way!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Originally posted by 1FutureMarine1
Can't they just get on it and fight. I guess south korea doesn't see their people as worth fighting for considering they have lost 46 sailors from the ship sinking without a response, and now 2 marines, and many civilians and soldiers.

Protect you country and you people gosh darn it. Don't let the dirty commies push you around.

I'd have thought you'd want to delay any fighting till you were 1actualmarine, surely you relish the chance to kill dirty commies, rather than let others take the risks like all the other Chickenhawks do.

Ahh if only I could. Mitochondrial disease is freaking curse.
And second, I don't relish in killing other human beings, I just find it funny how when their civilians houses are being blown up, and their ships, and their sailors, and their marines, they just sit back and act as if you can reason with a mad man.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Oh of course they were, silly me. And if they weren't I'm sure we'd all know about it. I mean as if they'd keep that secret - it is the military after all - and we all know how few secrets the military like to keep don't we.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
Sure, you can "deal with" NK but you're going to have to trade Seoul and possibly Tokyo to do it

Let me clarify this statement:

North Korea will likely wipe Seoul, South Korea and several Japanese cities off the map if we "just nuke em all." Women, children... Mostly civilians. The "nuke em all" statement is a real easy macho attitude to have, while you are thousands of miles away sitting on your fat ass eating nachos and playing Call of Duty with your family safely down the street. .

Grow up. :flame
edit on 11/23/2010 by clay2 baraka because: composition

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Oh yeas, I am sure Kim il Jong really wants to be swept from power and hanged like Saddam Hussein. I'm sure he REALLY cares for his people too.

The n Korean Govt couldn't give hoot about all that. They just want to stay in power, and to do that they'd not wish to provoke a thing.

Why do you think they want nukes? They want to make sure nobody invades and takes it all away from them (the Government and its cronies).

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Aside from killing a bunch of senior citizens and peasants, there is precious little we can actually do against North Korea which will not invite devastating retaliation. Sure, you can "deal with" NK but you're going to have to trade Seoul and possibly Tokyo to do it. And you have to do it with conventional weapons, China (and Russia) will not tolerate us nuking North Korea any more than the USA would tolerate it if China nuked Mexico.

Let me clarify this statement: North Korea will likely wipe Seoul, South Korea and several Japanese cities off the map if we "just nuke em all." Women, children... Mostly civilians. The "nuke em all" statement is a real easy macho statement to make while you are thousands of miles away sitting on your fat ass eating nachos and playing Call of Duty with your family safely down the street. .

Grow up.

That and nukes were only made to be used twice, first in ww2 and then in the cold war. They rest are here as a scare tactic. atleast thats my opinion on it.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

I do not condone the killing of innocents but NK has just done this, the majority of NK are either brainwashed or are in fear and so support a draconian regime, a regime that has always taken the pi** knowing that the world would do nothing...........about time the world did do something and gave NK a good dosing, sorry if it kills innocents but that is the game NK has set out.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
OK, to help everybody along who actually desires understanding about North Korea, I will repeat post some good information I posted early this morning.

To everybody who thinks we can just waltz into North Korea and blow them away, or who thinks we can just nuke them and make them go away, you are dead wrong. Don't agree with that statement? Don't shoot me, I'm only the messenger. Take up your beef with the US Marine Corps. Here's your first homework assignment: www.fas.org...

Next homework assignment is to download the free Google Earth, and load in this exhaustive KML file which will show you the breadth of North Korea's KNOWN military preparations for the US / ROK invasion scenario. Get your homework here: www.nkeconwatch.com...

Your third homework assignment is to read the relevant Rand Corporation reports regarding the situation on the Korean peninsula. Start with report 3305.1 www.rand.org... and then go to www.rand.org... and search for north korea in the search box for more in-depth background information. Also take this opportunity to study the Rand CB publication on game theory, which will help you analyze the situation from a more logical and theoretically provable point of view. www.rand.org... is your next assignment.

After you complete your homework we can have a real discussion. If those of you who prefer just to rely on blind egoism and pretended superiority based on information you have heard from talk radio want to continue on with your current lack of real knowledge about the situation, I surely can not stop you. However I would not expect anybody to give you a blue ribbon for staying in a state of ignorance after I have gone out of my way to point you to real, vetted, useful information, the exact same information that is used by the various branches of the US Government when analyzing the situation.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
herp de derp, [place biased opinion here based on the little knowledge i have about the the countries in the current controversy being plastered over western news]
edit on 23/11/10 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Sure, you can "deal with" NK but you're going to have to trade Seoul and possibly Tokyo to do it

Let me clarify this statement:

North Korea will likely wipe Seoul, South Korea and several Japanese cities off the map if we "just nuke em all." Women, children... Mostly civilians. The "nuke em all" statement is a real easy macho attitude to have, while you are thousands of miles away sitting on your fat ass eating nachos and playing Call of Duty with your family safely down the street. .

Grow up. :flame
edit on 11/23/2010 by clay2 baraka because: composition

If you were responding to me, and telling me to "grow up" I think you need to re-read what I said, and be a little more polite in the future.

You don't know a thing about me.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
FYI, 4chan is ddos-ing north korean sites at the moment.

this one is down: www.korea-dpr.com... and the rest of them (well, there are maybe five all together) are on and off.

it would be really insane if 4chan starts world war 3 just for the hell of it

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Whether you're 1000 miles or 1 mile away, if nuclear bombs become involved, well all I can say is God help us all. The chances of this starting some kind of chain reaction (countries start taking sides) could be inevitable.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I repeat this is a 'false flag' designed to eventually allow the West to take action against NK.

Why on earth would NK do it? They don't want to be invaded. That's why they want nukes.

Don't believe the hype!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adramalech
I repeat this is a 'false flag' designed to eventually allow the West to take action against NK.

Why on earth would NK do it? They don't want to be invaded. That's why they want nukes.

Don't believe the hype!

Dude, you didn't notice they admitted doing this?

link   

Originally posted by Adramalech

Don't believe the hype!

They have threatened war every fifteen minutes for the past 50 years AND they already have nukes.

link   
If the Chinese dont deal with this nobody else will, not even America. China protects NK and supports them, so hopefully they do the right thing and tell Kim to stfu.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 1FutureMarine1

No they didn't! They said SK attacked first. Duh! Maybe they did??

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolfie_UK
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

I do not condone the killing of innocents but NK has just done this, the majority of NK are either brainwashed or are in fear and so support a draconian regime, a regime that has always taken the pi** knowing that the world would do nothing...........about time the world did do something and gave NK a good dosing, sorry if it kills innocents but that is the game NK has set out.

It's easy to talk tough. North Korea has been preparing for the USA and the ROK to launch an all-out nuclear, biological, and chemical attack on them, followed by a full ground invasion, for 50 years.

What you are advocating is just massive bloodshed without any strategic gains. Game theory, which guides our current strategy in Korea and elsewhere around the globe, will simply not allow for such a meaningless excursion.

If we really wanted to hurt North Korea we would slap gigantic tariffs on everything made in China. Tariffs so large, that it'd be cheaper to buy everything from Germany or make it ourselves. This would have a trickle-down effect and would accomplish the objective without striking South Korea and probably Japan off the map.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Lol

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Washington spurns Tokyo's demand for reprisal against North Korea

The Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan's second demand in his call to President Barak Obama after the North Korean attack was to convene an urgent UN Security Council meeting. That too went unheeded. The session France announced would take place Tuesday night was indefinitely postponed.

The Japanese prime minister maintained to Obama that North Korea must not be allowed to get away with two armed attacks on the South in the space of eight months without a military response. On March 26, North Korean torpedoes sunk the South Korean Cheonan cruiser. At least 46 seamen were lost.

debkafile's military sources reports fears that if no penalty is exacted from Pyongyang for its belligerent behavior, it will be encouraged to continue striking South Korea.

Although it is pressing its advantage, issuing a terse warning that If South Korea intrudes into its territorial waters "even 0.001 millimeters, the revolutionary armed forces of [North Korea] will unhesitatingly continue taking merciless military counteractions against it."
The statement from the North's top military command was aired by state media.

South Korea "should bear in mind the solemn warning of the revolutionary armed forces that they do not make empty talk," it said.
www.debka.com...

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join