It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by Gazmeister

devoid of factual content as usaual

if thats the best you can do GLOP is probably looking for some new posters

And yours are full of facts and evidence backing up your claims of a conspiracy by the US and South Korea then?

At the end of the day a military exercise is not an act of war.
Is it really too hard to believe that it was actually North Korea?
edit on 23/11/10 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

Did you "waste" your time reading what I said about Vanga's predictions? Guess too many people want too badly to have their own misery ended by some great apocalypse or some force outside themselves, simply cause they're cowards. Do your damn research people and don't take anything spawned on the net for granted, cause when looked from aside you are saddening.

And to try and be on topic, I'll only say this - I don't think a nuclear warfare will begin in Asia, this has happened before, it will happen in future as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

That's the kind of post which deserves more than the star I was able to give it, thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

I would feel extremely threatened if someone performs gun shooting exercise in front of my ranch.

There should be some kind of international agreement that you can't do that too close from somebody else's border.

I would call it a courtsey.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
wow this looks pretty serious.

The south says theyre going to respond with an "enormous retaliation"

link   
Well people. As far as the WWIII prediction goes (this one military.rightpundits.com...) Just think for a second... there has been a lot going on this month, kicking off around the start of november... mysterious sonic booms? Strange occurances? this stuff in Korea? and all the stuff people are linking up between the US and China... Maybey WWIII has indeed started and we simply dont know it yet...
edit on 23/11/2010 by stimmy because: Typos

link   

Originally posted by Pharyax

Originally posted by swiftfootedachilleus
reply to post by Pharyax

It says in your mood that you are currently at 'chill' yet advocate the covering of North Korea in ' glass , Lots of Glass ' ....... Is that a thinking persons response ?

Are you one of these all knowing , all powerful Americans that has never been outside your qwn state before ?.......God help us all if attitudes or personalities like yours are to help mediate on this .

Ah yes, by all means, the South Korean people should just 'take it' right? How many more attacks do you think are acceptable? NK is run by an unstable government that will have no problem nuking SK. So if there IS war, they may be forced to use one--before the NK's do.

China would be pissed if a radiation cloud went over their Country though.... Maybe use a bunch of daisy cutters...
edit on 11/23/2010 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

No of course they shouldn't just take it ..... nah i'd much rather see them plunge the world headlong into WW3 and the end of civilisation and life as we know it ????? ....Seriously , for someone who is 'chilled' are you advocating a pre-emptive strike using nuclear weapons ? .... And by whom ??

Do you know anything of NK's intentions towards the south ? The way i understand it they want to re-unify their country .....Not much point in the north then turning the south into a wasteland for the next 1000 years really .... Or would there ? I see no logic whatsoever in either of the posts i've read by you so perhaps you can enlighten me by giving the 'chilled ' thinking persons view on what they intend to do with their estranged countrymen ?

link   
1:00 P.M. E.S.T. this RT video was released.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Just my little opinion on the nuclear war talks, but I believe that any nation with a nuclear arsenal is too cowardly to actually provoke all-out nuclear war. It's a nice weapon to wave in one's face and tell them to back off, but the practicality of its effects are way too tremendous...nobody wins a nuclear war.

That said, Kim Jong-Il may just be bat-**** crazy enough to do so...

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

agreed..

a recap ..
)

Timeline: Major conflicts between the rival Koreas

(Reuters) - Tensions between North and South Korea, which remain technically at war, have sparked military clashes on and off since a 1953 ceasefire was signed.

Here is a timeline of major incidents including some involving U.S. forces allied with the South:

January 1968 - Thirty-one heavily armed North Korean spies infiltrate deep into Seoul with a mission to assassinate then President Park Chung-hee; 28 are shot to death.

January 1968 - North Korea seizes U.S. spy ship USS Pueblo and for 11 months holds captive its crew of 83, one of whom dies.

Apr. 1969 - A North Korean MiG-17 fighter jet shoots down a U.S. spyplane killing all 31 aboard.

August 1976 - North Korean soldiers kill two U.S. military officers using axes in a dispute over trimming a tree in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ).

October 1983 - Seventeen senior South Korean officials including several cabinet ministers are killed when a bomb goes off in the capital of Burma, now Myanmar. A Burmese court rules that it was a North Korean plot.

November 1987 - A Korean Air flight departing Baghdad and bound for Seoul explodes in mid-air over the Bay of Bengal, killing 115. A North Korean spy is convicted by a South Korean court for planting the bomb. Another North Korean believed to have been involved commits suicide.

September 1996 - A North Korean submarine on a spy mission runs aground in the South and the crew flee, sparking a massive manhunt. More than 30 people die, including 24 of the crew, 11 of whom are found together dead.

December 1998 - South Korean navy sinks a submersible North Korean spy vessel off the east coast of the peninsula. One North Korean scuba diver is found dead.

June 1999 - At least 17 and as many as 80 North Korean sailors are killed in naval clashes near the disputed maritime border between the Koreas, the Northern Limit Line (NLL), in the Yellow Sea. One of the North's vessels is sunk, others damaged. The battle follows nine days of incursions by the North into South Korean waters.

June 2002 - In a bloody skirmish between South and North Korean naval vessels in the Yellow Sea, one South Korean frigate is sunk and six South Korean sailors die. As many as 13 North Koreans may have perished.

July 2003 - South Korea says its troops returned machine gun fire after the North shot at an observation post in the DMZ between the two states.

May 2006 - Two North Korean soldiers enter the DMZ and cross into South Korea. They return after South Korean soldiers fire warning shots.

July 2008 - A 53-year-old South Korean housewife, out for morning stroll, is shot dead by the North Korean military on a restricted beach near North Korea's Mount Kumgang. The South Korean government suspends tours to North Korea

November 2009 - The two Koreas engage in a brief naval fight just south of their maritime border damaging vessels from both sides.
source

link   
I no longer trust anything reported by the bought-and-paid-for MSM. I do try to do further research before reaching any conclusions. I have noticed this over the past several years, though: How come only those nations without a central bank seem to be the ones our government consider rogue? Hmmm??! Connect the dots.
Here's a related article:
www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
For crying out loud, I'm done with this thread and all the threads mentioning Vanga in such a childish way, I don't believe in hell and heaven being somewhere else than here on Earth, and as I believe in balance, I am certain that all of the people who continue speaking bad things about other people who are not among us anymore (especially when we're talking about one of the few REAL prophets of our time) without giving it a bit of a thought, will get what they deserve one way or another.

And, unfortunately, no, I don't believe there will be World War 3, at least not now, so all of the doomWANTERS can go and hang themselves now.

/rant off.

p.s. as many people here are short sighted, I will yet again repeat myself - Vanga never did a prediction about World War 3. None of the other predictions you're all parroting as well. Sheesh.
edit on 23-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2010 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Yes, they are going to send millions of their citizens to the border to throw sticks and stones north, shout hippies at the northern soldiers and burn "I (heart) l'il kimmie" tshirts.

The BBC hasn't reported anything for a few hours, think things have probably calmed down, till next time.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanescence
Well with November almost over we now know she was just crazy.
I love some of her predictions though:
!

Well November aint over yet.
Maybe the old lady's glimpse of the future will come good just in time.

Hopefully NOT.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

You know what's interesting....

Those are only a few of the everyday activities along the DMZ.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Okay I am so outta the loop about this Vanga person.. but didn't all "prophets" predict WW3?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazmeister

South Korea can hold exercises there whenever they feel like it, it was in South Korean territory

Not if they want to avoid this kind of crap or even a war they can't.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter
Okay I am so outta the loop about this Vanga person.. but didn't all "prophets" predict WW3?

Shes just some crazy old woman who thinks she can predict the future.
Nothing to write home about.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Komodo

You know what's interesting....

Those are only a few of the everyday activities along the DMZ.

Which suggests ... ?? Trying to follow ..

2nd~

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justaposter

No, one predicted the Ex-Wife and I would have 3 instead of our 2 children.

edit on 23-11-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join