It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 128
<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
why is there so much fear mongering over wars and other stuf about world about to end ond this site its like ppl
acually want it to happen do ppl like other ppl to die its straing when this korea thing kicked of there were world
wars meant to happen nukes flying everywere but nothing all these facts every1 is posting do u no if they r acually true or just writing what u all thinks going to happen in your own heads

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thinker2010

Learn proper grammar it makes your posts so much easier to understand.

Things like full stops and comer's and paragraphs.

Anyway, what exactly are you even referring to? Are you saying Vitchilo's constant watch on the Korean peninsula is wanting the world to end?

Perhaps we should all ignore the serious issues of the world out of fear of being labeled a "Doomer"?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
im not saying ignore things but some of the post are way overboard and for my grammer we aint all clever gloggs

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I have to admit, I skipped over your above post because I simply didn't feel like trying to decipher the run on sentence. Sure, I'm sure plenty of people will read it still, but I guarantee you're missing out on an audience with people like me not even bothering to read a post with no hint of grammar.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
wow i didnt think it was that big a problem i wasn,t that good at english at school but if you can read it shouldnt be a problem so that what its come down to slagging peoples grammer thats bad man

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker2010
im not saying ignore things but some of the post are way overboard and for my grammer we aint all clever gloggs

So ignore the overboard posts? Pretty simple.

You have already derailed the topic, so unless you have some news updates or intelligent input into any of the new updates already posted I'd say go post your complaint on the Board and Questions section.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
dont know if this is old news or not dont crack up if it is im new to this site ill post link

www.voanews.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
More news...

US Amb. Stephens to make speech to AmCham in Seoul in about 30 mins. She's expected to focus on FTA, not #DPRK. #Koreas 19 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

We'll see what it's really about..

EDIT :

US Amb. Stephens' AmCham speech now to start in about 40 mins & to finish well before the 2pm air raid drill. #Koreas 10 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov met his North Korean counterpart in Moscow on Monday and condemned the artillery attack on Yeongpyeong Island.
Good.

China asks S. Korea to return stolen ancient mural paintings

The legacy of the Koguryo Kingdom is a sensitive issue between Korea and China, which also lays claim to the kingdom's historic roots.

Hopefully it's nothing serious...

Activity at N.Korean Nuclear Sites Sparks Frenzied Speculation

North Korea has dug a new tunnel more than 500 m deep at a nuclear test site in Punggye-ri, North Hamgyong Province, intelligence sources said Tuesday. The North is also reportedly accelerating massive excavation work and construction of a new building at its main nuclear site in Yongbyon.

"If progress goes on at the current pace, the North will have dug a cave 1 km deep, the depth where it is possible to conduct a nuclear test, between March and May next year," the officer said.

But a South Korean security official said, "The North has never admitted what it is building. We're just speculating that it's building a nuclear facility whose purpose is unclear."

Probably for more enrichment and a nuclear test on Kim Il Sung 100 year anniversary on April 15.

S. Korea to turn on Christmas lights near border with N. Korea
Nice.

A translation of a Chosun article
This article is about the rumors that NKorea might have ``suitcases nukes``... which were lost when the Soviet Union collapses and may have ended in NKorea hands. Apparently according to one of their propaganda broadcast, they have a few and they will use them by infiltrating commandos in Seoul and blowing them up. I think this is 110% BS.

And in other news, the massive shelter drill in Seoul will start at 0000 EST or in about 1h40.

UPDATE :

During the nationwide drill all road traffic supposed to halt & pedestrians to shelter. Hasn't been such a full-scale drill in decades. 8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

edit on 14-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I am not Nostradamus... But watch.. these drills are going to be used to get the population under ground... then.. let the fireworks begin... the NK's have so many spies in SK.. they cant announce this.. they will get everyone in bunkers then announce "This is NOT a drill".. and the destruction of NK will begin..

The meeting with China was just to appease the NK's ... they feel confident that China will back them.. they know how the world perceived the announcement of "common ground" after the meeting. China is playing buddy....

The carrier just off their shore is going to start raining down missiles in roughly 1.5 hours!

May not be 100% correct.... but I am hoping this happens...

NK & SK unite - korean Peninsula solved
All of the surrounding countries attack Israel - Israel near obliterated... but all of those surrounding it - decimated.

Imagine... all the people!!! .. Ok for real... The world would have to lust after war to bring a ww3 after these events.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I just wanted to say thanks for what you are doing here!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Well thanks.

And Seoul using this drill as a cover is a possibility, but unlikely since according to OPLAN 5026 the US would have needed to deploy an aircraft carrier near SKorea, more troops and more bombers.

More news...

South Korea to conduct massive civil defense drill in three hours, including fighter jets doing mock bombing raids over Seoul, other cities. about 2 hours ago via Mobile Web

South Korean air raid drill today will also include simulated artillery attacks in border areas. Largest drill in decades. about 1 hour ago via Mobile Web

It's a big drill...

Just met with North Korea expert Andrei Lankov at Seoul's Kookmin University. He's genuinely worried another Korean War on its way. 14 minutes ago via web

Lankov says even more worrying than North Korean behaviour is rising rhetoric from Seoul, promising military response to next provocation. 14 minutes ago via web

For the record, Lankov didn't think we'd see more shooting until navies are sent out to protect fishing boats this spring... 6 minutes ago via web in reply to gadyepstein

2011 will be a dangerous year.

Pyongyang on Offensive, Literally

North Korea's biggest newspaper, Rodung Shinmun, wrote that the Nov. 23 shelling of Yeonpyeong Island was a "provocation" to North Korea—a mirror image of recent international accusations that the North had provoked the South in launching the fatal artillery fusillade on the island.

Four more articles Tuesday on KCNA carried general criticism of South Korea, the U.S. and Japan, countries that North Korea's authoritarian regime has long portrayed as ready to invade the North at any moment. Others conveyed statements from what the North said were its international allies, such as a report of a Malta group's statement, "U.S. and S. Korean Puppet Forces' Moves for Invading DPRK Slammed."

NKorea increasing the war propaganda inside the country is not a good sign.

US Amb. Stephens: "We want to stay in close touch" with all US citizens in #ROK re security alerts. Urges all to be on Embassy e-mail list. 3 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

All US citizens in SKorea should have already evacuation plans... otherwise they will get their butts in danger.

Amb. Stephens: "critically important" for China to tell #DPRK to "end provocative acts." 1 minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Yep...otherwise the poo could hit the fan.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Sounds like it might be a fallout shelter..One kilometer deep should do it.They have a lot of infra structure underground,including factories and hydro plants..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

V:

Based on your most recent news post, it *appears* that your speculations about April 2011...are more on target.

But, hopefully never, and I can put this out of my mind for a while.

As always, thanks for the wide-eyes open-

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Yeah but really... so what if they test a nuke? No big deal.

Gen. Kim Sang-ki, commander of the Third Army, has been nominated to become South Korea's new Army chief, the defense ministry said Wednesday.

The ministry plans to conduct a reshuffle of three-star generals later this week

So a big change of military leadership...probably more hawks than doves this time around.

U.S. Military Figures Warn of War on the Korean Peninsula

Former and incumbent U.S. military officials are warning of a war on the Korean Peninsula in the wake of North Korea's recent provocations. The warning came ahead of a visit to China by a U.S. delegation led by Deputy Secretary of State James Steinberg on Tuesday.

Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen on Monday said the danger of war is rising on the Korean Peninsula and that the North has raised the ante in its aggression against the South. He was speaking to U.S. troops stationed in Iraq.

William Cohen, a secretary of defense during the Clinton administration, said on a Fox News program the same day that the U.S. should increase its troops in the region at least for a while if the North keeps ratcheting up tensions.

Yep. This is a dangerous situation, this is not the typical ``NKorean provocation``... hopefully the change of power happens without a war.

Prime Minister Kim making statement on radio promisng "stern measures" versus any further NKorean provocation. Asks citizens to be prepared. about 1 hour ago via Mobile Web

Traffic still flowing on Seoul streets around me. Few people reacting to massive air raid drill underway. about 1 hour ago via Mobile Web

People don't seem to care much...
Those people will be the first killed if war breaks out.

The drill is over... nothing happened... good.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Yeah but really... so what if they test a nuke? No big deal.

I stand corrected.

I thought you said that April 2011 would be the time that NK would do more than test a nuke, as in attack SK *with nukes*.

Sorry for the prior post.

edit on 15-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Ah no.... I meant North Korea testing a nuke on April 15... not nuking the South.... I failed in my communication skills it seems... maybe this has to do with english not being my first language...

Pictures from Korea around 1890-1903

S. Korean FM calls for greater cooperation with China on N. Korea issues
That would be good but they better not kid themselves...

China urges Japan to consider its Asian neighbors on military matters
Asian countries are still afraid of Japan military... after all Japan did in the 20th century, I understand them...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I saw this and so Im adding it here:

SEOUL - Kim Kyung-ji began sixth period math class Wednesday afternoon by giving her middle school students three-ply, nonwoven face masks, to use during the simulated air strike by North Korea. Kim told all 30 youngsters to wrap the masks around their ears. She instructed them to move quickly - staying low to the ground, if possible - when the siren went off.

Classroom Nos. 4 and 3 will exit the second floor before we do, Kim told them. We'll follow after that.

"Do we get any drinks or snacks?" one student asked.

"If North Korea really attacks we're not going to line up," another said. "We're just going to run."

South Korea practices for worst-case attack
edit on 15-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
that was already posted on here btw

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451

Learn proper grammar it makes your posts so much easier to understand.

Things like full stops and comer's and paragraphs.

Jeez Nomad451 what a nice way to make a new member feel welcome ... and maybe before you pick fault with someones grammar ... your should check your spelling.

I believe the correct spelling for a [ , ] is comma and [ ,,,,,, ] in the plural is commas ... grammatically there is no need to use an apostrophe [ ' ]

Nothing more embarrassing than someone picking fault with someone else and missing their own glaring errors ! (how silly do you look right now).

>>>thinker2010

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood!?!?...woody

Back to the topic at hand though...South Korean intelligence officials have stated that North Korea is allegedly
building a tunnel for nuclear tests? This could very well be a made up threat to justify an Invasion of NK...with America backing SK up completely now and both of them deploying more troops around the Peninsula. Who knows...So many lies nowadays

top topics

<< 125  126  127    129  130  131 >>

join