It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Crisis - Updated as News come to hand

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

Better watch it before you post the same news...

N. Korea agrees on emergency six-way talks: Beijing
Yeah and? The South, Japan and the US don't want to talk to you...

S. Korean marines recount N. Korea's deadly shelling of Yeonpyeong
Quite interesting... but scary really... however, the wording smells like propaganda...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Oh, no you don't! Y'all ain't gonna get "US" involved. Got no money and a "recession", remember? It's too bad the wars seem to be shifting from Middle East to, say, Far East. When will it all end?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

What the hell is going on down there?...increasing tension by positioning more troops around NK and signing SK to the nuclear defense deal sponsored by America...on the one hand...and on the other hand inviting Kim mentally ill to meetings to talk about decreasing tension...this is all starting to smell like the usual bull# down there...-_-

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

Yeah this ain't good.

Russian Armed Forces on High Alert Over North Korea

Russia announced Tuesday that its armed forces in the east are on high alert. This comes in light of what it calls an "inadequate situation" on the Korean peninsula as tensions have increased in recent weeks between the North and South.

The head of Russia's military said they continue to follow what is happening and have taken measures to raise the forces' combat readiness.

They may have intelligence that something is about to go down...

A big ROK airforce/let's get into shelter drills is happening in 11 hours or so... hopefully it's not a cover for the ROK to do a preemptive attack on DPRK artillery sites.

About the drill :

Twelve Navy KF-16 jets will fly low over cities including Seoul and Busan, NEMA said. Classes in schools will be suspended as students evacuate to nearby shelters or wait for emergency instructions over the radio.

It will be the first time since 2000 that citizens are guided to shelters during the drills, which had typically been limited to forbidding pedestrians from crossing roads and requiring cars to pull off to the side.

Yonhap: #ROK will hold third consecutive week of maritime live-fire drills next week. #Koreas about 8 hours ago via TweetDeck

MORE DRILLS again next week... still not on the island, but this is still dangerous.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is an interesting video from inside N.Korea

It appears that the people willingly follow their leaders

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
very first post lads how clean does that country look i think other sociatys should take a leaf out there book they may not have what we have or take for granted they dont look 2 upset with life good community spirit

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinker2010
very first post lads how clean does that country look i think other sociatys should take a leaf out there book they may not have what we have or take for granted they dont look 2 upset with life good community spirit

Well, you got your first star.

I wonder if it isn't more of a Korean thing, with the cleanliness. I have not been there, but relatives that visited SKn said that the streets were kept very clean.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
and them children dont look malnurished they look pretty healthy to me ive seen kids here that are worse than them another thing i was wanting to find out may be a daft question because there is no money in the country do they have any kind of drug problems

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

do they have any kind of drug problems

I was wondering the same...
How hard is alcohol to come by???..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thinker2010

I would bet, if one could find the truth of the matter, that inhalants probably are the most abused drug in NK.

Usually they are more readily available in a poor society.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

do they have any kind of drug problems

I was wondering the same...
How hard is alcohol to come by???..

It takes foodstuffs to make alcohol, like grain, potatoes or fruit.

They probably eat most of that.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Remind me again why they should be nuked? oh ya they want to make south korea look the same. So that's what a country looks like without wallmart and macdonalds.
Just don't get it

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I am calling BS on these drills... One of these drills is going to be the real deal.. With only a select few in on the tom foolery!

If the South just hit the alarm and all of the people went for shelters... The NK would know what was up and start shelling the hell out of SK.

So why not start a bunch of exsercises and drills... Then once the people are in shelters.... Announce that "This is not a drill" Start taking out strategic targets, essentially neutering NK.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

sorry about that,my bad... LOL

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

why nuke the country them ppl have went through enough hardships just a new leadership needed

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thinker2010

I've read somewhere that they have an Ice problem, indeed that their govt make Ice for export and possibly domestic consumption, it may have been propaganda and I have no link but the obvious Google search is an option.

I believe Ice is Meth.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Yeah that's certainly a possibility... That's why Russia's army are on high alert... maybe something is about to go down...

US envoy Kurt Campbell cancels Asia trip due to illness. #Koreas 5 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Yeah due to illness uh? What a coincidence... If he's ill, why don't they send someone else? Yeah this stinks.

UPDATE :

State Dept: Campbell has serious sinus infection. Will visit ROK, Japan early next year. 4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Well if it stinks he can't smell it since he has a sinus infection!

edit on 14-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

NK..The problem is the fact that they are gonna make Nukes more available to the poorer countries of the world.By doing that the risk of a Nuke war increases big time.They are Chinas Proxy,the regime would have collapsed long ago if they witheld aid.
Russia and China have issues,over disputed land.So Russia would get that resolved if it all blew up with a Chinese confrontation..Americas Debt issues would go away if China lost the confrontation.Iran would loose its ability to get Nukes and arms and pass them on to Israels neighbours.But as far as doing China goes???? The saying "Are you feeling lucky Punk"! certainly comes to mind.If China is pushed to far,the character profile is one of not loosing face.AND! the big And is, that they would have planned for this eventuality.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Me thinks North Korea is gonna test a nuke on April 15... the 100 year anniversary of the birth of Kim Il Sung...

-- North Korea digging up earth in Punggye-ri, capable of nuclear test as early as March: intel official (Chosun Ilbo)

So there you go...another NKorean provocation coming...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

When they have INTEL over there in NK about the digging for a nuclear test, Why is there not more information about what is going on in NK. I think there are more spy's over there but why not more INTEL???

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join