It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Many Threads Going Around Trying to Play Down freemasons Lately

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Secret society of the Cloven Hoof

Not my research but loads on Google about it ...
Freemasonry is a lot older than 400 Years
It may have different names but it goes back to arcadia

Pythagarus was a head of a secret society but he only learned his knowledge
from the Egyptian Mystery Schools...

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by robertauthor

Freemasonry's age will be debated long after you and I turn to dust. If you go by our stories and lessons, it dates back to thousands of years ago, both operative and speculative. But having a document of proof of that is another story altogether. ( in memory of Leslie Neilson's death, please all repeat: "But having a document of proof of that is another story" )

I can look up articles about Elvis being an alien on the internet. That don't make it a fact. (everyone with any brains knows he was a shapeshifter from middle earth) Cloven Hoof. Sounds an awful lot like something from the Taxil Hoax. Perhaps you should look that up.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Pretty soon you guys are gonna start talking about the goat we all have to ride on, and the blood we have to drink

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi
reply to post by Rockpuck

IQ of 132, Thank you

You Masons/Moderators have to much power on ATS and that's why no ones making threads about you guys anymore...as you said...they are getting banned for their opinions/truth.

Don't come crying when you're locked behind bars for the rest of you life.

You're JOKING, right???

Ummm, perhaps you should go out and look at the board line-up again??? Every damn thread is about the masons.... You'd think they are the only "secret society" in the world the way the anti-Mason threads seem to dominate this board.

You want to know what's funny?? I belong to a group (whom I shall NOT name, so don't even ask....) that is very similar to the famed Bilderbergers. Out of curiosity, I searched for it on ATS to see if anyone has ever mentioned it. Guess what result I found??? Hardly NOTHING. I found only ONE vague side-reference to it in one post from over 4 years ago.
It's really quite amusing....the emphasis people put on some things while others just skate right past you and you never even saw it coming.

Back to all seriousness, it really is sad the ridiculous scrutiny you make toward the Masons. They are good people who have pure intentions.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Council on foreign relations?????

Either way my interest has been piqued. Send me a u2u maybe we can chat.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In response to the OP:

What if these people who identify themselves as Masons are telling the truth? Just think about it a for a seconds...

...and then consider which of these two options is more realistic in your mind:

OPTION A: The organisation is a well-documented fraternity, with elements of esoterica and symbolism in its ceremonies (some of which is guarded knowledge), a focus on personal development (one manifestation of which is charitable works), and an appreciation for fellowship in the form of social and community events.

OPTION B: The organisation is centralised and pyramidic (nationally if not globally), regularly engaged in criminal activity, espousing corruption to favour its members, worshipping the Judaeo-Christian entity who embodies evil (en masse, and despite members having families and spanning a huge range of ethnic and religious backgrounds), and all under the completely oblivious noses of the government, media, and public (save for some fringe groups who also sometimes think that Queen Elizabeth II is a bloodsucking, shapeshifting reptiloid from outer space).

I mean... SERIOUSLY!

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

duh! it's obviously B. It says so right on the site www.freemasonrywatch.org.

geez, some people just aren't very quick.

I can't do your research for you man.

BTW, what happened to your old avitar. I miss the bear.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The OP made a point about those members who display Masonic symbols in their Avatars. The answer, in my case, is that I am a Mason and not ashamed to admit it. I joined for many reasons, and again, in my opinion, all good.

As far as hiding my identity, here is the link to the Lodge to which I belong. Please feel free to visit it at your leasure.

www.southernstarlodge.org...

Peace to you all.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by CIAGypsy

Council on foreign relations?????

Either way my interest has been piqued. Send me a u2u maybe we can chat.

Um, no. I think the CFR has been mention well more than once on this site, unlike the group that I am a member of....

oh, and I misspoke earlier. The one post that mentions my group is from 2005. The post is actually quite confusing because the subject starts out speaking about a different society and then switches mid-stream to somehow (unexplainedly) tie my society into this other one.
Sometimes the "argument-building" on this site is so fragmented that its hard to follow a poster's logic. Go figure, eh?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what group I belong to... My point is that there is all this ridiculous "hype" about the "evil Freemasons" and they are, by far, not the only secret society out there. I just find it really amusing that the others are more or less ignored.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
I just find it really amusing that the others are more or less ignored.

well, if you want more exposure for your secret group, may I suggest the occasional blood sacrifice, or perhaps the ever popular orgy. then when people ask you what you do, tell the truth and let them call you a liar because you couldn't possible know what goes on at the "top". It seems to work quite well for us.

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Roark

well, you are correct, it is possible that there are numerous masons here on ats that perhaps have to deal with seeing so many threads condemning masonry, that ( in their knowledge that the threads are indeed false ) feel the need to shed some light on the situation and tell their own story about being a mason

in order to clarify that point, i made a clear decision not to put in the original post anything like " they're trying to cover up that they're ruling the world! " or anything along those lines

the original post was purely an observation

i am glad some masons came and responded with their examples of their own personal experience in the masonic order, however it's hard to tell if they represent the true nature of a society that has remained in existence since the days of the pharoahs...

i can only speculate on the observation, but it's nice to see what ats and it's mason members had to say on the subject
edit on 11/30/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by CIAGypsy
I just find it really amusing that the others are more or less ignored.

well, if you want more exposure for your secret group, may I suggest the occasional blood sacrifice, or perhaps the ever popular orgy. then when people ask you what you do, tell the truth and let them call you a liar because you couldn't possible know what goes on at the "top". It seems to work quite well for us.

network dude,

What can I say???

I love your tongue in cheek attitude about it. Certainly to be admired for the entertainment it provides...
I guess you guys know how to take the noteriety with flair, eh?

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
attention posters

normally i wouldn't be inclined to say so, but seeing as how i am the original posting author of this thread, i'd like to keep the conversations on topic please

i didn't make this thread so people would have an outlet to voice their opinion about masons, i made this thread to discuss a rise in threads lately that all seem to be made by masons .. ( see original post for full )

such questions could be discussed:

is there a collaboration between all these masons to post these threads?

are all these masons somehow coincidentally all deciding at this time to post these threads?

could they be fearful of a rise of numbers of people that are against their existence and thus trying to preform a disinformation attempt here at ats while the anti-mason numbers are small?

these are not neccessarily my opinions, just topics that could be discussed rather than bashing each other, and argueing what masonry really is, that would get us nowhere in this threads subject of discussion!!!!

we masons are not illuminati!!!

freemasonry explained

some masonic secrets for the masses

freemasons goal is to free humanity

a mason about to expose all the secrets

the real truth freemasonry

freemasonry secret or not

i could probably find and post these threads all day, but the point is not to argue and bash about each point in each thread individually, but rather discuss if there is an 'inside' movement to quell the masses thoughts regarding masons and the negative rumors that have surrounded them for some time

this might mean the rumors are true ( that they have been less than honest about their influence on humanity through the ages, and roles in shaping it ) and now they are trying to stop any anti-mason numbers among ats from increasing

it might also mean that perhaps none of the rumors are true, and it's just a bunch of dudes with tobacco pipes in robes sitting around talking about the latest cricket game, and recently they've decided to try and end these rumors here

another possibility is that all these threads are popping up by coincidence, each poster unaware that there are already numerous threads in existence argueing against these rumors

anyways jjust wanted to keep this on topic, thanks

edit on 12/1/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
well it cant be collaberation
i wish Anyone could be that organised!, Basically its the idea of somebody trying to falsely claim to know things about us, that we know in our hearts and minds arnt true! Imagine somebody claiming christianity was a false belief that was probably made by some guy trying to write a really good book, like the modern day equivelent of harry potter, In that instance a christian would tell you youre damn right wrong and should get your facts straight.
Besides surely we should be behond criticism, there have been no wars in our name, we havent ever blown up anything, and we dont preach our beliefs on anyone.

edit on 1/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I am not sure I ever answered your original question, so I apologize. I will do that now. Most of the masons on ATS put a masonic symbol in their avitar. Not all. but we do it to identify us so we aren't being "secret". Something we get accused of doing. I respond to most masonic threads because that is where my interest lies. I will go the SS forum before anything else. I start threads for two purposes. One is to inform, or learn something, the other is to directly oppose something I saw in another thread that wasn't going to be seen there, but I feel needs to be said. If I was wrong, it gets no attention. I can't speak for the other masons on here, but I would guess they come to masonic threads for the same reasons.

Almost as if you posted threads about weapons and the same few members always came to those threads and spend time there. It's their interest. We used to get accused of ganging up on people. I think most of us try not to let that happen, but when I feel nobody has addressed the point that I feel is important, I will bring it up. If you started a masonic thread and asked masons to stay out of it, they probably would, but it would end up being a good old fashioned bashing, get little new information out, and end up with a negative IQ level collectively.

So in conclusion, UFO guys visit UFO threads, and so on.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Now, if I were to look for patterns here, about a third of the ones listed are actually year-old threads; about a third are from new ATS members who might not be aware of the old threads, and about a third are from Network Dude who likes to listen to himself type.

The exception seems to be the post from TheLoneArcher, and while he's been an ATS member for a while, his activity in the Secret Societies forum has seen a fairly recent boost.

So, to the sample questions:

is there a collaboration between all these masons to post these threads?
Well, Appak has been dead for a year, and I don't believe he's figured out how to come back and tell us what to do (even if he was one of the few actual 33° Mason on ATS). Two of the threads are from new ATS members, so I don't think they'd have had a chance to network with the old-timers here to coordinate such things. And Network Dude is clearly collaborating with himself.

are all these masons somehow coincidentally all deciding at this time to post these threads?
  1. It probably is coincidence
  2. It's not necessarily "at this time"
I think you've got some new members who want their opinions to be heard. Some of the rest of us ATS Masons have talked here long enough we assume people know where we stand...

could they be fearful of a rise of numbers of people that are against their existence and thus trying to preform a disinformation attempt here at ats while the anti-mason numbers are small?
Having been on ATS close to three years, myself, I honestly don't see any particular rise in anti-Masonic sentiment. In fact, I haven't even "Foe'd" anyone in quite a while. If anything, either I've gotten thicker skin, or the attacks aren't as bad as they used to be. *shrug*

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

well this is true, people tend to stick to their interests, and i could understand your reasons for strongly defending what you know/beleive, thanks again for the posts

i know there are alot of people that simply beleive that because the internet is so full of masonic conspiracies, that they must be true or that it gives them a reason to slang insults at anyone claiming to be a mason... i am glad you realize that this is not a true representation of ATS mentality

i think ultimately some of us ( which i suppose i could include myself ) just make observations and would like to pose questions and try and discover what we can about what is being observed, i think you and alot of other masons here understand that and have tried to respond with your own answers

reply to post by JoshNorton

your post is actually the kind of deconstruction i have always enjoyed finding on ats, even it sometimes means there might be no conspiracy at all

i think originally i got the idea to pose this thread/observation when i logged into the 'secret society' forum to see what threads had been sitting in the main page there, ultimately you are right about those dates and i admit i had not really picked apart the dates like you have, however the observation was soley based on seeing more of these kind of threads defending masonry than i had usually seen in that forum during my time on ats ( which i have been an off and on member since around mid 2006 )

your response is most definitely noted

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I suppose the danger is one that we Masons are actually warned about when we take the first degree...

…neither are you to suffer your zeal for the institution to lead you into arguments with those who, through ignorance, may ridicule it.
Now, granted, that's from the first degree charge, and as an Entered Apprentice, you really aren't supposed to go around saying you're a Mason when you aren't a full member yet anyway.

But that phrase is one I try to keep in mind when things get heated on ATS. Some trolls pick fights just to get a rise out of people, and some people are so blinded by their own beliefs that they won't even consider the possibility that they're wrong. Neither of these provides fruitful debate.

But some of us believe that the ATS motto of "Deny Ignorance" is not unlike the Masonic ideal of being brought from darkness to light. Enlightenment and truth are things worth fighting for. And we DO have cases where someone came to ATS knowing only the bad rumors about Masonry, were set straight, and decided to join the fraternity so they could make up their own minds. Those cases are few, but rewarding. Even someone who won't or can't join us, like RuneSpider, has learned quite a bit and argues on our side more often than not, and it's not even his fight. But he's done the legwork, followed the leads, and come to his own conclusions, which is the most we can ask of ANYONE.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The problem with all of this is that Freemasonry is not just one thing. Those outside of the group dont know all that goes on inside. Those inside one lodge dont know what is going on in another. Those at a lower level do not have the information that those at a higher level do.

Both the debunkers and the accusers are reaching here. It is not one blanket group.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
let's open it up a bit.....get the big picture about the org a little more.....demolay and eastern star......please....
i have two stories for ya's.....from my great fambly....my grandma complained about my dad being in a group that was so secretative.....the masons.....but she was a huge eastern star girl.......gave all her money to them....about.....my dad dropped out i think and he insisted i join boyscouts which i did and it was great....then here comes some man up to my dad and i have to attend a demolay dark azz meeting to see if i choose to join, it was my choice and they were all in my face to see the outcome after that one meeting. it was crap....boy scouts stomped their crap....then after the meeting they centered on my answer....i think i had to tell them twice.....NO i don't want to join friggin' demolay, what the hail was that

so, we need to entail these two groups also, they are the same bunch

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join