It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret satellite launches into orbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was reading the post entitled Three new planets photographed Nibiru? eris? sackloth? and then I came acros this story on yahoo today and found it interesting that the related articles in blue are what yahoo chose to be as "related" Is MSM trying to tell us something?

Link

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It wasn't a big secret. I watched the launch from the live feed. The Delta IV was carrying the heaviest spy bird ever hoisted into orbit. I am pretty sure this sat. is for global recon. and not space explor.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The way yahoo puts the story together seems like perhaps the satellite will be used more for alien threats or some other reason other than earthly interests. I thought about the thread I read stated above, and its not the first time that there have been reports of large objects getting closer to earth. With all of the "related" events lately, I have to wonder

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dockman45
It wasn't a big secret. I watched the launch from the live feed. The Delta IV was carrying the heaviest spy bird ever hoisted into orbit. I am pretty sure this sat. is for global recon. and not space explor.

It's purpose is a secret. Obviously, it's kind of impossible to keep the launch a secret. What's strange is that it is so large, which suggests super cutting-edge technology. All current technology is shrinking in size, so satellites should be shrinking.

But when they send up satellites that are huge, you know that it is probably serving a completely new function - some capability we've never had before.

Exactly what that capability is, is anyone's guess. My guess is it probably monitors audio/vocal conversations on the ground from orbit, using some advanced laser system (hence the large size - requires lots of power - uses new types of laser systems). It might even be able to create sounds too.
edit on 22-11-2010 by harrytuttle because: content

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Here comes our first "project blue beam" deployment!
Holographichs here we come!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton

Wouldn't that be a CIA satellite, not an NRO satellite?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
mb it is weponary...

jst mb..)x

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Maybe its suppose to destroy something with lasers (comets etc) They did have a conference meeting about it a while ago so maybe its an experiment...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Originally posted by zooplancton

Wouldn't that be a CIA satellite, not an NRO satellite?

Good question my friend! Actions at this level could be carried out by anyone in my honest opinion.
I'm sure tptb have the ability to use any resources they wish.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I personally think it's exactly what they say it is. A secret satellite. The are just adding more satellites to the sky in order to monitor the earth more. The reason it's bigger is probably because it is better. It can see more and hear more. Just look at what is freely available to the public in Google Earth. You have to imagine that governments are able to monitor our actions considerably better that that. I'm sure they are able to video analyse the entire planet using computer programs and be alerted to potentially threatening situations while maybe adding the ability to monitor the earth's electric field, radiation levels etc.

new topics

top topics

join