It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booms again in North Carolina

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

In 2006 my pictures moved and I thought a truck was flying down my residential street and went outside to yell,...nothing there.
Turns out is was a Florida earthquake of the coast of tampa.
I have heard many sonic booms being close to an Airbase.
I always would go outside to listen for the space shuttle comming home.

Florida has earthquakes, but they are rather infrequent and are not known to

be severe. However, compared to California and the west coast, the seismic

hazards in the East are not well-understood. So, I would not say that it is

impossible for Florida to have a damaging earthquake, but it's pretty

unlikely. In the last 200 years, very large earthquakes have occurred in

Missouri and South Carolina. The Missouri earthquake was large enough to

reroute the Mississippi River and the South Carolina earthquake was felt as

far away as New York City and was strongly felt in Florida.”

-www.nowpublic.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by human32826

Man alot of type-o's need more coffee.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
My major is environmental studies, so be that I'm a student this is just my semi educated guess. It is known that earthquakes while not as common out west still happen east of the Rockies they are just harder to center. If the quakes are deep enough, the wave that makes the "boom" will reach the surface while the wave that produces the vibration does not. So you can hear an earthquake even if you can't feel it.

Here's a little earth quake history for North Carolina, I found a few accounts interesting
North Caroline Earthquake History

Also, Earthquake Booms, Seneca Guns and other sounds Gives a little more information on earthquake booms.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Maybe something like the taos hum?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
NC here too, heard nothing...

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I live in Louisiana, and we had an incident like this several months ago. A HUGE boom that you could feel in the floor under your feet, followed by a low rumble which lasted a couple of minutes. Military said no jets in the area, and they really never found the cause.... they said it could have been a meteor entering the atmosphere and exploding in the air.....whatever it was, I have never heard a noise that loud in my life!
edit on 24-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I live in the Mountains of NC.

Yesterday, Nov. 23, about 2 pm, I heard a long booming sound that lasted for about 30 seconds. I also felt the floor of the building I was in shake.

My first thought was thunder, but there were no storms within 50 miles.

I also thought of the booms you spoke of on the coast of NC.

Some say it is tunneling. I have no information on that.

I do know this: About 10 years ago a friend of mine spoke with a trucker that was to deliver a load in West Central NC.

When the trucker approached the area he was directed to go, armed guards stopped him at a gate and told him....(This is as far as you go)....and a vehicle took him back to his home.

I have often thought of that incedent, and the Underground Bases people have spoken about.

Anyway......What I heard was very strange, and I am very intune with my environment.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallamile

n.c. native here but don't live there. on a philosophical note..seems biblically speaking, hiding in mountains or
underground won't do much good..maybe everything is lining up for a big big quake..maybe it's even related
to solar activity..not prophecying ??? destruction but we know we have only so many years of recorded
scientific data and have not been here to record every geological change..luckily, they have hints, plenty
of scientific people and good instrumentation to guide us in coming up with likely scenarios.
have heard some rumblings here over the years..way down south..could have been artillery fire and or
explosions of methane bubbles in public landfills or even sonic booms.
videotaping the pond ripples sounds like a wonderful idea..maybe we should try the old indian trick
and put our ear to the ground to see what we can hear..course down here you might get an earfull of
fireants @!&$#. not pleasant.
just trying to lighten the load here..serious stuff is happening.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Same thing happened in Villa Rica, Georgia Friday on the 26th. The "explosion" was heard city(Villa Rica) wide, sending police and fire departments scrambling.....here's the news article from atlantas main paper.....

i personally live east side of atlanta, opposite of villa rica, so i heard nothing....interesting as to what could be the culprit...but i imagine the sound must've been significant enough to send local services into action. i know tonite, in Stone Mountain, we had a fireworks celebration tonite that was pretty loud...but not THAT big!!!!
edit on 27-11-2010 by ahmonrarh because: for blabs

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

We're discussing said explosion in this thread on ATS.

Mystery blast (just west of Atlanta, GA) likely sonic boom.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Similar topic so I will add this here, too. Similar scenario but in Maryland, a craft was seen in this incident though it hasn't been explained or accounted for. Sonic booms for hours, houses shaking, a triangular UFO with 3 lights, a helicopter circling the object (helicopter is the red lights), and during the video something is fired or there is a sonic boom that makes the woman filming scream. I thought it might be Aurora, Astra, or some other military aircraft being tested or something? Any opinions?

Here's the thread on it www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Did anybody else in NC hear this too ????

I am north of you by about 30 - 50 miles. I have heard several "booms" recently and so has my husband. We thought they were blasting in the nearby rock quarry it was so loud! However I never notices such frequent blasts before.

Any possibility of a foreign Stealth (undetectable) aircraft traveling at Supersonic speeds??? Doing recon and then getting the heck out of Dodge before dawn perhaps???

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Boredomsux

Thanks for posting that these sounds had been heard all the way to Myrtle Beach. My husband and I were spending the day at North Myrtle last summer and heard booms like what Boondock Saint described. We have heard booms before around there from back when some military jets flew over the area. But we haven't seen military jets during our visits in a few years and the noises we used to hear from the jets were higher pitched somehow and just different. When we heard the booms and rumbles we looked for jets and saw absolutely nothing. There were some clouds but not thick enough to completely hide any passing aircraft and they were not storm clouds. We just shrugged it off as an unusually loud pounding surf even though the ocean was relatively calm that day. But it was really eerie. My husband is not a conspiracy fan of any kind and he's a very logical pragmatic man not prone to spooking but even he said it was giving him the creeps. We both were wading knee deep and we both just started backing out of the ocean without actually meaning to. There was just something eerie creeping us out about the sounds. Other people were out there but we didn't notice anyone paying particular attention. Then again, anyone looking at us probably wouldn't have thought we were doing anything unusual either. Besides, a few days later we saw people out on the beach during an actual thunder storm crashing around them seeming to pay no heed to it all. I wouldn't ever gauge the novelty of an occurrence by watching other people's reactions at a beach, that's for sure!

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I live in NC, I heard nothing this time but I remember a similar incident outside of Greensboro last year, Later explained as a sonic boom from an "out of bounds" jet. However booms and shakes are not uncommon in NC especially around the coast commonly called "The Seneca guns".
Seneca guns

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

oh, thank you!
as i didnt know whether there was a thread already...and myself didnt know how to create one at the time.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Intheshadwos

I hear it constantly, The Hum.
I've heard it for as long back as I can remember, and it drives me freakin nuts.
Years ago, someone pointed this out to me The Hum and ever since then I've realized I wasn't "hearing things" like everybody told me.

Do a search on the Taos Hum, Bristol Hum, etc...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join