It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close are we? Mark? Police State? Economy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If every one would just not comply at one time, what could a few people do? its not like the government could put every person in this country in jail and who would work if they killed us all? That is the only way to win and it won't happen to many are fooled to think they have no choice!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It is a bigger problem that just not obeying - that will not solve anything - because that does force change - it just make us all violate the laws - this is more about putting a stop to the current way of life-- people will have to get over their odd sense on entitlement - people will have to take care of themselves and assist their communities - we will have to do away with social programs and hope that people realize freedom is better than living off the system -- it is a hard row to hoe - but can be done - just need some people to wake up

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I am 42 and a wife and mother of a 10 year old who the sun rises and sets on for me. In my 20's I took an oath to protect and defend against all foreign and domestic. That is where I stand today, if I should be taken from my daughter she can reflect on how her mother fought valiantly until the end for the freedoms the founders intended for America. My family and friends have questioned this and I cannot understand what there is to question ???

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by bozzchem

That is a Decision every one of us must make If and when the Time comes . No one wants to die Needlessly , but certain circumstances might Force one to make a Hard Choice . The Future belongs to your Children , and we are Responseable for what that Future will be .

Agreed. She has become one hell of a shot and she has learned how to make fire from what is available in the yard. For her age, she's years ahead of those in her class since she enjoys going out and learning more than playing Pokemon and that sort of thing.

Seeing the look on her face when she started a fire from a fresnel lens, dryer lint and some twigs? She was amazed and then we talked about the science behind it. The only ones who will properly teach our kids are their parents. I'm guessing most of her teachers have no clue what a fresnel lens is. Not only does my daughter know what one is but she also knows how to build a fire with one and how to build a safe fire by setting up a safe environment for the fire.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Thanks for all the responses!!

My sons are already learning to camp and hike and shoot and build, etc. They love it too! It is fun for them and they learn by accident while playing in the woods.

I agree that what it will take to change things is a coordinated effort. We have to "opt out" of the corrupt system and replace it with a proper one, and we have to do it all at once. It is far too easy to separate out a few trouble makers. We have to do it en masse!
edit on 22-11-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yes, I think it is safe to admit that if we want to have certain advantages of a modern society, we need to have a system of government. One might even admit that eventually, all forms of government become corrupt, because humans are corrupt and will seek to exploit one another.

However, the foundation of the American system of governance was built by people that accepted these things as a fact of life as a human being. They tried to provide a blue print by which the nation and it's people could fight that corruption for as long as possible and when all else failed, hit the reset button and organize a new government that would better represent our desires as a group.

We might be getting close to the reset button at this point.

The values presented in those founding documents can not be destroyed, because the documents themselves do not confer those values upon us. They simply provide us an introduction to the core values of free peoples. It is up to us to enforce those values, even if the government says that the documents don't apply....
edit on 22-11-2010 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

I totally agree that the values in the original documents that defined our nation were "self-evident." The documents are not necessary and endorsement by the government is not necessary, they are "natural" laws! We as human beings should be willing and able to stand up for those values. Furthermore, we should be MORE willing during hard times and challenges, instead of shrinking back from the face of adversity.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Here are the pieces, and they are just waiting to be connected:
Credit Bureau Records
Insurance Bureau Records
Criminal Record Databases
Driving Record Databases
Social Security Databases
Medical History Databases (including important allergy information!)
Health Insurance Records
Passport and Travel log Databases
Tax Record Histories and Databases
Current Banking Accounts and Installment Loans
Email Communications
Education Records

Already done Getrreadyalready! It's all in the NSA databases courtesy of the Patriot Act and Echelon. All the laws to bring on what describe as the mark are set up in the healthcare bill. Once they crash the dollar and issue a new electronic currency it will be done.
Nobody will be shamed into anything.
If you want to use money, eat, have a place to sleep, buy anything or get medical treatment you will have to get "the mark" to enter into the system.
Those who refuse will be starved out in short order which frankly, is fine with them.

You and your mother are both right, but it's only too late if we give up.
I'm not now, not ever.
I have 2 grandchildren who should rightfully curse my name if I ever did.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Ditto brother. I've had 50+good years and I owe them to freedom.
Better to make a good end of things than simply give in to the evil we know is waiting to swallow the world.
We owe it to our forefathers who did the same for us.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This rhuminating gives me an idea....Do you suppose that the comming martial law has been held off till theres fewer people alive who actually do remember what the world was like?
I her the touching remarks of 50 yr olds, and tho i feel the same, i am 65, and getting a little long in the tooth for a campaign of this scope.
(everyone does their part but....)
Perhaps this is what is taking so long...they need the proper demographics!
They want the boomers to be just about too old to do much, and also theyll have their own parents to worry about....and the young will be too indifferent, not really understanding the loss.....
ah well just mumbling i guess....

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I think that is exactly right!

There are still two many old Patriotic people that were alive in the 40s and 50s and 60s and they remember what it was like to protest and stand up for things. TPTB will hold off until these new Gen X and Gen Y people get grown and start having more kids of their own. My 4 year old is the target generation. If they can get all this current legislation like the Healthcare Bill to stay on the books, and if they can continue to demonize guns and if they can continue to make people meek and helpless, then one more generation will do the trick!

They still fear the 65 year olds, and the 50 year olds, but they know the 30-somethings are docile, and they know the kids coming out of high school right now are docile. They need one more good generation of people dependent on Govt aid, handouts, and regulation. They are slowly making it a crime to be self-sufficient and making people dependent on the Govt to make all their decisions for them.

I think (and I hope) that it is a huge miscalculation. I think there is a large, silent population that is just biding their time and hoping things correct themselves, but if TSHTF they will be ready to fight the same way our forefathers did. AND, they are still raising their kids the same way they were raised.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Too many people lose hope and gusto these days, it really encourages me seeing how people here are willing to fight until the very last.

It's not just all talk either, I can see how all of us will fight for more reason then just survival. We will fight with one spirit, being one and the same, because men live not only by bread, and those who flee from the next tyranny will no doubt learn this one way or the other.

When the time comes to run, I know what will give me the strength is knowing that I'm not alone.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by greentaylor

You know, it never hurts to make those plans and concerns a part of conversation with your inner circle and your extended network of like-minded individuals. One has to be careful to not sound crazy or get on some radar as "anti-government," but we can effectively communicate our plans and concerns without sounding completely crazy.

In this manner, we can have a pretty good idea of how our friends and neighbors are going to react, and we can develop a pretty good network of local support systems, and we can identify resources that might be necessary.

For my family, it is all part of our weekend fun. We hike through the woods, or we shoot guns or bows, or we practice building fires without matches, or we pick roots and weeds and berries that we can eat. The kids love it, we get some exercise, they learn valuable knowledge, and the family has a working plan in the backs of all our minds without ever speaking a word about it!
We share our plans and activities with our extended family and friends, and now they also have an idea of how we would react, even though they don't know that is the intention of it!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, since I posted this thread yesterday, the situation has already escalated as predicted!

IRIS and Fingerprint scans could substitute for invasive searches and radiation.

Imagine, you go into some office ahead of time, you get your background check, credit check, fingerprint scan, and iris scan, and you agree to some type of monitoring. Then they put a chip in your passport, or your id, or your hand, and voila! You are now MARKED for a life of leisure!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

How close are we to living in a Police State?

We are already there.

A police state unquestionably exists when:

1. Criminal Federal powers:

Illegally arrest, imprison, and torture American citizens

Assassinate American citizens abroad merely suspected of terrorism

Spy on US citizens with drones

Constitute inverted totalitarianism

Spy on and intimidate citizens

Loot taxpayer money for fat-cats

Make domestic spying on US citizens legal

Occupy an American town

2. A capitalist cabal seizes political and economic power over the nation and steals all elections by selecting candidates for both parties

All these conditions now exist in the United States!

In a free society:

Police agencies respond only to evidence of planned and actual criminal activity.

Police officers keep the peace; they do not investigate citizens and activities unless there is some reason to investigate.

Police do not investigate citizens' attitudes toward the central government, only their action.

Citizen dissent is lawful and police agencies do not investigate citizens' attitudes toward the criminal justice apparatus.

Those conditions no longer exist in the United States!

Why did the intelligence agencies fail to detect or prevent 9/11? Because they didn't have enough money. So we'll give them billions more.

Why is the F.B.I. still failing in its fight against terrorism? Because the rights of American citizens are preventing the agency from carrying out its job. So we'll set up new Guidelines and take away more constitutional rights of citizens.

Why is it unnecessary for the cabal's Obama administration to provide records to Congress concerning Enron or prior knowledge of possible terrorist attacks? Because we're in a state of war and the executive branch must not be hamstrung by witchhunts or frivolous investigations.

The U.S. Government Is Spying on and Lying to Its Citizens

Between 1956-1971, the F.B.I. conducted domestic "counterintelligence programs" ( COINTELPRO) to spy on, intimidate, and radicalize political dissident groups. The F.B.I. had carried out covert operations throughout its history, but the target of the COINTELPRO operations was radical political organizations. Since the F.B.I. spied on American political dissidents, not foreign agents, "counterintelligence" was merely a cover name for the FBI activities.

F.B.I., military, and police forces have a notorious record of illegally quashing citizen dissent. Frank Morales's article, "U.S. Military Civil Disturbance Planning," in the Spring-Summer, 2000 issue of Covert Action Quarterly exposed "Operation Garden Plot."

"Under the heading of 'civil disturbance planning', the U.S. military is training troops and police to suppress democratic opposition in America. The master plan, Department of Defense Civil Disturbance Plan 55-2, is code-named, 'Operation Garden Plot'. Originated in 1968, the 'operational plan' has been updated over the last three decades, most recently in 1991, and was activated during the Los Angeles 'riots' of 1992, and more than likely during the recent anti-WTO 'Battle in Seattle.'

"Current U.S. military preparations for suppressing domestic civil disturbance, including the training of National Guard troops and police, are actually part of a long history of American 'internal security' measures dating back to the first American Revolution. Generally, these measures have sought to thwart the aims of social justice movements, embodying the concept that within the civilian body politic lurks an enemy that one day the military might have to fight, or at least be ordered to fight."

The American government has a habit of lying to its citizens when it wants to contrive a new war.

In 1898, the sinking of the battleship Maine was the excuse for the Spanish American War

In 1915, the sinking of the ocean liner Lusitania was the excuse for World War I

In 1941, the attack on Pearl Harbor was the excuse for World War II

In 1964, the Gulf of Tonkin affair was the excuse for the Vietnam War

In 2001, the 9/11 attacks were the excuse for the "war on terrorism"

In 2003, the fictional weapons of mass destruction were the pretext for the war on Iraq

Unfortunately, we're in the final stages of this new hellish police state and we must stop it in its tracks.

There are many people in the world who support our efforts to preserve American freedom, including:

The highest ranking UN human rights official

A former presidential staff member

This isn't a matter of if we decide to stop this police state in its infancy; we either stop it now or it will inevitably germinate into a full-blown monster. Now that the cabal has put in place a system to steal all future elections by selecting both Democratic and Republican candidates--we must do everything we can to struggle against the cabal police state.

The cabal is creating precisely those conditions in America that will inevitably lead to a full-blown police state:

* Unemployment
* Homelessness: loss of homes due to unemployment and mortgage fraud by big banks
* Loss of health insurance
* The pitting of violent reactionaries against all others

Source and rest of article: www.hermes-press.com...

How did this happen?

The average American expects to keep their "freedoms" while remaining oblivious to what is really going on and not actively fighting tyranny.

People continue to allow cameras on every street corner and not vote the politicians and city officials out that had them put in (nobody has the guts to shot these cameras out and or mass demonstrate against them).

People continue to fly and like good little sheep walk through the body scanners, metal detectors and being groped - whats more, now, most of you are telling your children to accept this - it's a normal state of affairs..........you are teaching your children that being scrutinized is A-Okay - all in the name of Homeland Security, which in and of itself sounds like a facists name.

How many of you put down that remote, fictional novel, ipod, exbox gameboy and read Naomi Wolf's "The Losing of America" and "Give Me Freedom" or Paul Craig Robert's books, "How The Economy Was Lost", "The New Color Line" and "The Tyranny of Good Intentions"??????

No, most of you are so busy allowing yourself to be distracted with TV, mind garbage novels (the real stuff going on is way more exciting), xboxes, ipods, cell phones and all the rest of the brain clutter.

Reading a newspaper or watching "the news" on TV does not qualify one for being "informed" almost all of our news media has been owned by the large corporations our governments are working for and so our news from main stream sources, for the most part, is twisted and bent propaganda.

Between the majority of people allowing themselves to be distracted and quietly complying with this tyranny there is no hope of getting our Democratic Republic back on track.

You were all warned ten years back or more that this was happening.

How much more tyranny will everyone allow before the vast majority wake up and put aside their apathy?

And, the apathy, the "I don't care this won't affect me attitude" is the NWO's biggest ally. No, most people won't realize this affects all of us until the gestapo come in the night and haul off you son, brother, father or daughter..........then it's "Oh geee I guess something really is going on" (too late).

Not enough of you woke the frak up fast enough and not enough of you had the balls to really challenge the system.

For everyone of you that quietly complies - you are part of the problem.

No on the fence, you are either a willing member of the NWO or a freedom fighter.

Personally, I think it's gone beyond stopping the boulder, it's too big and has been rolling downhill far too long to be stopped.

"The language of violence always presages violence. I watched it in war after war from Latin America to the Balkans. The impoverishment of a working class and the snuffing out of hope and opportunity always produce angry mobs ready to kill and be killed. A bankrupt, liberal elite, which proves ineffectual against the rich and the criminal, always gets swept aside, in times of economic collapse, before thugs and demagogues emerge to play to the passions of the crowd. I have seen this drama. I know each act. I know how it ends. I have heard it in other tongues in other lands. I recognize the same stock characters, the buffoons, charlatans and fools, the same confused crowds and the same impotent and despised liberal class that deserves the hatred it engenders." - Chris Hedges, "Is America 'Yearning for Fascism'?", Truthdig.com, 3/29/2010

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” Benjamin Franklin

David Icke outlined very clearly the "Problem - Reaction - Solution" game TPTB play in order to strip us of yet more freedoms and 911 was the Coup de grâce.

Welcome to 1984.
edit on 29-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Nicely conceived thread.

Of course there will be the promoted benefits of a "Mark". What most people will fail to do is turn those scenarios around and see the flip side. For instance you're shopping for a home and your medical history is incorporated into your mortgage application and the bank decides there is a good chance you will not live long enough to meet your mortgage obligations and declines your application. Things along those lines. And so the "Mark" gets you in and can get you on the outs with the system. You know the old socialist gem; "the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few".

Bringing children into the world has always been an iffy situation. There are no assurances in life. In earlier times the more children you had, the better the life prospects for them and yourself. We know much more now and so we question our instincts. The dangers, the corruption and the controlling tyrants have always been with us but in days of yore only the controllers knew the score. Today the accessibility of information has changed. Exposure to raw, un-buffered information has helped us evolve and lose some of our parochial beliefs and naivety. The controllers never wanted to do deal with informed masses and thus we now see signs of governmental crackdowns on websites. Suppress the information. It’s not that these sites endanger the masses, they endanger the controllers.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The mark won't come until the aliens arrive. It will be a technological "gift" that will wow the masses. How could anyone resist?

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
The mark won't come until the aliens arrive. It will be a technological "gift" that will wow the masses. How could anyone resist?

Ah hah!!!

The iPhone 4?

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I agree. The "information age" has changed the world in so many ways that the true effects won't be realized for many years. I would love to be around to read what history writes about the past 100 years!

What amazes me is the acceleration of it all. From the "Pony Express" to the Digital age in barely a century! From month long voyages across the seas and deadly wagon trains across the plains and mountain passes to routine 4 hour flights! It is unbelievable really, and since we know the rate of progress is increasing exponentially, what could the next 25 or 50 years hold?

The crackdowns and overbearing police attitudes are a temporary growing pain, in my opinion. They are desperately hanging onto control, but I don't think the progress can be contained. Their only hope of containment and control is to make it so convenient for the masses, that we voluntarily comply. That is my real fear! I believe the masses will voluntarily comply, and that will leave the rest of us fending for our rights and individual human rights as a whole!

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I had a brief conversation with my wife about how we are currently facing a "threat of force" on a routine basis everyday. Everything from forced evictions to routine traffic stops have the implied threat of an armed aggressor ready to enforce "civil" laws against peaceful citizens!

It didn't take very many examples for her to see the upside-down inversion of power from the people to the state. That was about a week ago, and her eyes are now wide-open, and she has been bringing me dozens and dozens of more ridiculous examples of implied force used in the most peaceful scenarios. The people have come to expect guns and badges and penalties and repercussions from the silliest and most mundane occurences.

In short.....I totally agree with you.....we have already been in a "Police State" for several decades! They don't even bother with the titles "Peace Officer" or "To protect and serve" any longer. The charade is up, we have surrendered without a fight, and we are compliant out of convenience!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join