It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished My Christmas Shopping and Most People At The Mall were Foreigners

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I live in one of the biggest cities in America and yesterday shopped at one of the biggest malls in our country........not the biggest but in the top ten.

Yesterday, I went to Kohls, Penneys, Nordstrom and Macy's..........the "nice stores".

There were tons of people, thousands or more, the mall was jam packed.

Now, just from my simple observation, looking at what others bought, how many packages and what boxes were popping out I could read (yes I am a nosy old lady) = spending power.

Yes, some people over extend themselves, but looking at faces, carefree/non pressured vs pressured / worried can give one some indication of financial status as well as what the shoppers are wearing themselves.

From my observation and listening as people walked by, I began to feel like a stranger in a strange land.

Most shoppers and the ones with money were clearly East Indians and Mexicans.

There were very few "whites or blacks".

Take this for whatever it is worth, just my own simple observation.

Very few people passing me spoke English.

Many East Indians were wearing top of the line clothing, very expensive stuff. Also many of the women sported diamonds, emeralds and saphires..........looked to me to be very nice jewelry. They also did not seem to hesitate or look at price tags carefully, so price didn't seem to be a consideration.

Want to know who is working and who isn't..............go to the mall and just simply observe who is buying what.
edit on 22-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
its exactly the same here where i live...

even the cashiers are foreign :S....

to get me wrong...but its a weird feeling

and no..its not just in US like this

edit on 22-11-2010 by angrydog because: add

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That's the face of the New America.
Whites are now a minority.
And you can bet that we will have No Minority rights or privileges.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are saying. I am in the UK and it seems the same way here. I went to Manchester city one day and walked down a street where I felt like I was in a foreign country and the big shopping mall here is just the same.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i had to laugh at penneys and kohls being "the nice stores". they certainly aren't here in nyc. and if you want diversity, you should shop at the queens center mall in queens, nyc (the most diverse city in the country). i embrace it. love to try the different foods.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
system glitch...........double post.

Please remove
edit on 22-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by angrydog

System glitch, double post.

Please remove.

Thank you.
edit on 22-11-2010 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, I also noticed many of the cashiers and stockers were foreign.

You would think our government would look out for and hire Americans before foreigners.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
In my area, Western Canada, this has been common for many years now.

I have even talked with some of my friends about it. We all agree on some points.

One being, immigrants tend to accumulate more on hand wealth (cash) do to the frugal lifestyles they have when they first move here. The don't usually have credit cards or large mortgages. Now they are reaping the rewards of their conservative fiscal habits.

Good on them.

Had to add this after reading some other posts.

Foreign "sounding" doesn't mean that they are not American (or in my case Canadian). My parents have been Canadian for 30 + years now, and they still have "foreign accents" to me.
edit on 22-11-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

i don't think the government hires workers for macys... the stores hire people who apply for the jobs. if whites aren't applying they won't work there... sounds like your neighborhood is becoming more diversified and you don't like it.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't like shopping at malls. The crowds..the awful smell of perfumes....the noise. It's all horrible. I prefer those shops that are more exclusive. Like an outlet so to speak. Or even do my shopping online. I think foreigners enjoy that mall shopping more than typical Americans.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

There is an area that I use to pass on my way to work.

The houses were all at least 3,000 sq ft............brick, massive and very nice. In the area they are in I would easily place them at around $800,000. or more.

Now, as I would drive past, I would see the children standing at the corner of this very nice subdivision and not one of them was black or white.

All nine of the kids coming out of these mini mansions were either East Indian or Japanese.

Again, just another simple observation.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Totally agree with you there. But I just couldn't find a really nice coat at a decent price.

Penney's had one and I got 50% off. Super deal!

Last year I did almost 98% of my shopping on line.

Love the smaller, unique stores.

link   

First of all let me be the first to commend you on finishing your Christmas shopping,secondly the scene you have described is one that plays out all over the country,and I ask "what is wrong with this picture"?When I was growing up I saw that happen to all of the stores and gas stations in my neighborhood and surrounding suburbs in the Detroit area.A big shift has taken place in America while we were all watching television and being entertained and is one that will play over and over until we the people decide enough is enough!

link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

Yes, I also noticed many of the cashiers and stockers were foreign.

You would think our government would look out for and hire Americans before foreigners.

hehe yes but than the cashiers have a language problem ......

its really frightning sometimes...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
So glad I don't live in America. Shocking how many racists live there.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
So glad I don't live in America. Shocking how many racists live there.

oh you call someone a racist who realize that he feels foreign in his own country?

interessting

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

No, I do like diversity. Love Indian and Thai food.

And yes you are correct that our government doesn't hire for stores.

But, our government doesn't discourage companies from hiring non-Americans.

A story I can relate to you is that years ago, when I was around 25-30 I applied for a job at Hyatt Hotels as a cleaner. I love to clean, it's zen for me.

Wasn't hired.

Know why?

Every single house clearner was Mexican.

Sorry, but while I do like diversity, I do think that American jobs ought to be given to American born people first.

Look at the number of Americans out of work.

Insourcing and outsourcing are tricks companies use to keep wages lower.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Why do you feel foreign in your own country? Since when is America supposed to be lily-white?

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Can I ask how you know those people are not American?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join