It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA has met the enemy — and they are us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

TSA has met the enemy — and they are us

news.yahoo.com

TSA operates on the belief that a key to foiling terrorists is to keep them guessing, agency watchers say. But it has never really explained that to a flying public that sees never-ending changes in policies covering carry-on liquids, shoes, and printer cartridges as maddening and pointless inconsistency.

"If you ask what its procedures are, how you screen people, its `I can't tell you that because if the bad guys find out they'll be able to work around the system'," said Christopher Elliott, an Orlando, Fla.-based consumer advocate specializing in travel. "That's why a lot of what
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This appears to be a recurrent theme not only with this fraudulent company whose entire backbone is centered on greed, but also with the types of gov and Elitist heads who are increasingly showing their disdain towards the masses.

It is time for us all to step up, en-masse, and use civil disobedience and non-compliance to these types of disgusting, police-state, tyrannically invasive entities, and simply no longer cooperate or comply with them. Opt out of flying and use alternative means from now on.

I know I will be.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
It is time for us all to step up, en-masse, and use civil disobedience and non-compliance

I'll fashion my response like the title of your post:

Al Qaeda has met its friend, and that friend is you.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

You mean al CIA da?

Glad the corpomedia and gov propaganda campaign is working brilliantly.

lol

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

This appears to be a recurrent theme not only with this fraudulent company whose entire backbone is centered on greed, but also with the types of gov and Elitist heads who are increasingly showing their disdain towards the masses.

It is time for us all to step up, en-masse, and use civil disobedience and non-compliance to these types of disgusting, police-state, tyrannically invasive entities, and simply no longer cooperate or comply with them. Opt out of flying and use alternative means from now on.

I know I will be.

news.yahoo.com

So your idea to combat this is to give those in power an excuse to expand their power?

You do know that civil disobedience will lead to even more security measures, right? And not just at the airport, but on the streets, in your home, at your kids school, everywhere.

Very bad, bad idea.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Disobediance does not mean doing anything illegal.

It may take the form of merely opting out of the system entirely, and hurting them financially.

If tens of thousands of people simply change forms of travel and do not cooperate with being violated, then they will be effected in an area that hurts them most---Their finances, funding and shares.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I know I will be.

I am not going to be sarcastic - I am going to say; it seems like the volume of outrage has been stirred up or instilled in the public by the news media. DD. The fact that the media is virtually leading the crest of the outrage
should raise some alarm. This country is constantly manipulated with its anger - I suggest the "unforeseen" plan NEEDS the public outrage to set something else up

- however, we do not know what is being set up as of yet.

People just look at the volume of these threads and the level of anger -

again THE MEDIA IS LEADING THE CHARGE!

Does that not smell to any of you???

(PS please read between the lines; making the above statement is not the same as supporting molestation, the anger my question my inspire does not negate the questions validity)
edit on 22-11-2010 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You mean al CIA da?

Glad the corpomedia and gov propaganda campaign is working brilliantly.

lol

You can pat yourself on the should all you want. Truth is, you'll probably make a safer flight next time because none of the people on the plane didn't stick anything explosive in their underwear.

link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Disobediance does not mean doing anything illegal.

It may take the form of merely opting out of the system entirely, and hurting them financially.

If tens of thousands of people simply change forms of travel and do not cooperate with being violated, then they will be effected in an area that hurts them most---Their finances, funding and shares.

It doesnt matter. You would first and foremost be hurting the lower middle class and below in a situation like this, as they are the ones who will lose jobs and income, not the fat cats.

Also, choosing to not fly is not civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is the active, professed refusal to obey certain laws, demands, and commands of a government, or of an occupying international power.

Not obeying laws, especially if done by 10's of thousands of people, will be grounds for a martial law type scenario.

link   
Scare the sheep into the scanners and sell more scanners.

We are both an enemy and a valuable commodity (livestock)

Get in line at an airport today, choose to be molested, or scanned, choose neither and maybe be detained, forcibly searched and possibly fined.

Meanwhile...

The bombs get loaded into the cargo holds just below the traumatized livestock and....

link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Nothing TSA does is protecting our flights! NOTHING! Maybe it is a slight deterrent to an amateur disgruntled, wannabe terrorist, but it is nothing for a REAL terrorist!

No planes have been brought down, and the lastest couple of attempts had nothing to do with people sneaking stuff in on their person. So, the new procedures are totally useless. The only reason the toner cartridges were caught, is because the colors didn't match and the workmanship was shoddy! The 2 oz limit is ridiculous. 2 oz of nitroglycerin is a lot of nitroglycerin, plus you can bring on as many 2 oz bottles as you want, put them all in a quart ziplock bag and then step on the bag! They now have ceramic knives and blades that are better than steel! Many runways end just feet from fences and crossroads and even an amateur marksman with a hunting rifle could shoot a pilot on takeoff! Passengers on chartered flights don't go through security, and if they land at a big airport they are already within the secure area, so it only takes chartering a flight from a small airport to a big airport and you have beat all the security!

The TSA and all this regulation must be for some other purpose. I don't know which conspiracy is the most flavorful this week, but I do know that it is not for security purposes! Maybe they don't want us to fly? Maybe it is to condition us to the invasions and restrictions for some other purpose? I don't know, but it does absolutely nothing to keep the planes in the air!

edit on 22-11-2010 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
The fact that the media is virtually leading the crest of the outrage should raise some alarm.

Excellent point! The fact that the media is all over these stories should tell us something!

I haven't flown since 9/11 and I'm not going to, AND I strongly disagree with the scanning and groping being done by our government agency, but I have been thinking about the conspiracy angle of this TSA thing. There's something we're not seeing. The outrage is preventing us from examining this logically and critically...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

You can pat yourself on the should all you want. Truth is, you'll probably make a safer flight next time because none of the people on the plane didn't stick anything explosive in their underwear.

Really, what are the risks? Do you, personally, know anyone who has died on a plane crash? How about a plane crash caused by a terrorist?

A difference must be made between domestic and international flights. If we don't, then should we also start running checkpoints to ensure that people don't take car bombs into crowded markets?

It just does not follow. It really does not. You are a scientist. Apply some statistics to it. There is no return on investment here. Only humiliation. Unless we can find any examples from the previous decade that would warrant suspicion of attack via domestic flights....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The TSA is an ever expaning international force of henchmen and thugs, charged with not just terrorizing the people, but to instill in the people, a new perception in how people should look at one another.

How they want us to look at one another is a potential deadly threat.

They want us to believe that the only way we can be kept safe from one another, is by them terrorizing us all, into accepting that we must prove we are not guilty by discarding the previous notion of presumed innocense.

School Teachers, librarians, office workers, and ditch diggers, are no longer innocent until proved guilty, they are now all suspects until proved innocent.

The TSA is the Vanguard of a New Nazi Police State, where they are in fact wanting to teach us all to accept that our fellow human beings are all a potential threat.

That the only thing that can protect us from anyone and everyone, is the government and it's henchmen, violating everyone's privacy and dignity to determine their innocense.

Even though they have not broken any law, or appear to be engaged in breaking any law.

The Government and the TSA has semi-criminalized air travel. Flying on airplane now has taken on the same implications of I want to buy a gun without waiting three days, I want to buy some illegal narcotics, I want to engage and solicit a protstitute.

These above examples are those conspiring to commit crimes that they have not committed as of yet, but simply through some form of behavior have suggested that they might.

Flying on an airplane now, is interpreted as you might want to use it for terrorist purposes.

Anyone who travels on an airplane therefore is a presumed criminal who must not prove their innocense.

They want us to look at everyone flying on an airplane as a presumed criminal that must prove their innocense.

They want to trick us into accepting this by saying "well if you aren't intending to do this, then you won't mind proving your innocense"

The problem is constitutionally we don't have to prove innocense, they have to prove guilt, and they can't do that by using unwarranted and unreasonable searches and seizures, but of course now they are.

They are getting away with it, by convincing people that anyone who travels on an air plane, which is really just about everyone at one time or another, is a potential criminal to be afraid of.

This is a sinister system to instill a police state mentallity in all of us, to not just accept it but to want it.

Frankly the people who want it make me sick, and I consider them to be the real threat.

Civil disobediance is the way to go here, because ultimately it is to each and everyone of us our own responsibility to ensure our rights and liberties, and we have surely seen the government wants to do the opposite and to teach the people the opposite.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Nothing TSA does is protecting our flights! NOTHING! Maybe it is a slight deterrent to an amateur disgruntled, wannabe terrorist, but it is nothing for a REAL terrorist!

No planes have been brought down, and the lastest couple of attempts had nothing to do with people sneaking stuff in on their person.

So, the panty bomber and the shoe bomber didn't sneak anything????

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The bankers who are control the country are over sold on silver - paper to metal 100 to one.
If everyone practiced the civil disobediance of buying a silver coin today and not shopping at global corporate stores for a week they would collapse overnight and the value of the coins would explode.

Don't fight the battle on their ground and at their choosing
don't fight the battle at all
the only winning move is not to play the game.
Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

How they want us to look at one another is a potential deadly threat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------
Civil disobediance is the way to go here, because ultimately it is to each and everyone of us our own responsibility to ensure our rights and liberties, and we have surely seen the government wants to do the opposite and to teach the people the opposite.

I am troubled with the Clamor that has been injected into this discourse.

What you are saying does speak of the programing this society provides in this modern world.

But, do you sincerely believe this debate is as it appears, at face value???

The news media which is the primary force in conditioning our humanity to distrust one another, is HELPING HUMANITY in this case?

The message of outrage is sensible - the volume and focus is not. Due to the nature of this discourse it seems
the tyrants could easily predict such a simple and base reaction. In this world such reactions are typically
used to justify things that society would not normally accept.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes for civil disobedience.

There are more of us than there are them.

Keep being afraid to take action and we will be taken over lock, stock and barrel by our corrupt government.

Those that sit back and do nothing deserve all the ills our government puts on them.

Man up.

Woman up.

No freedoms were gained by sweetness and light.

This is a ridiculous diversion designed to irritate citizens.
There are many, many ways to enter our country.
There are many ways to down an airplane that does not require a passenger to take a bomb, gun, knife or any type of weapon.

Freedom is not free.

Sissies, weak minded and cowardly citizens are the ones that are handing our freedoms over to our government.

I despise a coward.

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of our country.
edit on 22-11-2010 by dizziedame because: add more

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

They weren't the most recent, and they also weren't connected to any terrorist group, despite what the news may have reported. The panty smoker, shoe smoker, and Times Square smoke bomber were definitely not related to any organization with at least a $50 operating budget! None of those things went boom. It is not difficult to make things go boom, so either they never intended to go boom and only intended to scare the sheep, or they did intend to go boom, and they were the worst bombers in the history of bombers!

Can anyone really believe that a person could be intelligent enough to make international connections, passports, travel plans, etc., and also be of so little intelligence that they wouldn't research a proper bomb and give it a test run somewhere before getting on a plane and setting their crotch or foot on fire?

I might be a nobody, but I am 100% certain that anybody from my high school chemistry class, hunting buddies, amateur pilot buddies, or just general pranksters would be far more successful at blowing up an SUV or bringing down a plane. I do not for one second believe that those last three smoke bombs were anything to worry about!

I also do not believe for one second that any of the current invasive TSA procedures would stop a true and committed terrorist. Wouldn't even slow him down, wouldn't even make him alter his plans in the slightest way!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
Yes for civil disobedience.

There are more of us than there are them.

Keep being afraid to take action and we will be taken over lock, stock and barrel by our corrupt government.

Those that sit back and do nothing deserve all the ills our government puts on them.

Man up.

Woman up.

No freedoms were gained by sweetness and light.

Freedom is not free.

Now is the time for all good men and women to come to the aid of our country.

If I can't get where I want to go by water or automobile I will not go.

Sissies and weak minded citizens are the ones that will give our rights away if we do not act.

A coward is to be despised.

(No offense)

Case in point -

These thread are just teaming with example of the same -

The War On Terror ran on this sort of gas.

Ready

Fire

AIM!!!!

???

could be - thats all

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join