It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Protest Sparks Online Campaign for Mass Cash Withdrawal Globally

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Bank Protest Sparks Online Campaign for Mass Cash Withdrawal Globally

www.gather.com

Call for Bank Protest Sparks Online Campaign Thousands of French protesters have taken up the former Man United footballer's call for a mass cash withdrawal
by Kim Willsher

As students and public sector workers across Europe prepare for a winter of protests, they have been offered advice from the archetypal football rebel Eric Cantona.

Cantona was once a famous exponent of direct action against adversaries on and off the pitch. In 1995 he was given a nine-month ban after launching a kara
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The 44-year-old former footballer recommended a run on the cash reserves of the world's banks during a newspaper interview that was also filmed. The interview has become aYouTube hit and has spawned a new political movement.

I guess what spurs this approach is that the boat is going to sink anyway, so we little folk might as well take the bankers down with us. At times, I'm just nasty enough to buy into that.....except that wealthy banks have lifeboats. I don't. Interesting thought, nonetheless.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Good idea! If they are going to screw us, lets use what little power we have to fight back. We need to end the status quo and just as has been said, we are all going to go down anyway, so why not bring them down with us, seeing how it is their fault in all. If they were in danger of suffering with us, then might do things a wee-bit differently.

Anyway, kudos to this footballer.

--airspoon

www.gather.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Some media folks are mumbling about this and dropping hints that a lot of money is leaving the banks at the minute. I think this happening already and governements are trying to keep a lid on it.

When you start hearing from several sources that people are pulling their money from banks its probably too late if you haven't done the same already.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Sure sounds like a plan I will comply. I don't think my "little fortune" is enough to break the camels back though!!!! I'm only a thousand dollars short of not having a million!!!! If the banks did collapse tomarrow the only people that would be out for me is the bill collectors. I guess it sucks to be them.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The only thing this will do is get some people their money and most left with nothing. The Banks will close their doors and that will be that. Many people screwed out of their life savings!. Although I commend the thought of trying to teach the banks a lesson. I feel it will only cause the people harm in the end.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Count me in! I have already started exchanging my monopoly fiat currency for precious metal, I may aswell do the rest this month.

Down with capitolism, comunism and all other isms, they are all the same in the end.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Personally i'm not sure that this is Eric Cantona... a possible Lookalike IMO.

But i do think this person is right.... the System would collapse.... it would also collapse if everyone stopped working on the same day.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree and I've been considering this for a while. So many banking institutions are begging for our money and so few people actually know how some of their money is being used to invest. The economy is imploding, the value of paper will son equate to nothing, so I agree that the best thing to do is to take out your cash, close your accounts and trade in your cash for gold.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Sounds like it won't work to me.
Banks have no money? The govt will print more.

Then the banks will have money again, but then won't give out loans or withdrawls saying how everyone has run on the banks. No loans, no credit. Want to buy gas? Sorry the gas station can't get credit.

I don't know how this will work to do anything but screw over the little man.
If everyone stopped using money and found another system.... then the banks' worthless pieces of paper wouldn't hold as much power over us.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Already done.
Went from big bank to a community bank.
Money is the only language the elite understand.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
fandS
Max Kaiser the other day on Jones pointed out that the big trader banks have oversold silver on paper to metal by one hundred to one plus
he said Buy silver
If everyone bought on silver coin the banks would be blown a part
and the coins would explode in value too
which they will anyway

In the wizard of Oz Dorothie's slippers were originally silver, and the scarecrow was restuffed with dollars.
They left that out of the movie, which totally obscures the point of the original boook, which was about the banks and how to deal with them.

Hi ' Airspoon
you be hittin em outta the park well today sir.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My respect for Eric Cantona has just risen somewhat.

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Personally i'm not sure that this is Eric Cantona... a possible Lookalike IMO.

No it is him, he just appears to have put on some weight.

Originally posted by iceblue20-12
Money is the only language the elite understand.

That's because money swears.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Want to know the truth?
People, as a whole, can't organize enough for a massive withdrawal.
It's the same concept of a nationwide strike.

People just won't collectively do it.
You might get a few million. Globally.
What we need is a few billion.

But the thing of it is...
Humans are so obsessed with greed and fortune, that if their livelyhood is threatened...
They will cower down like a beat dog from an open hand.

It's truly terrible and disgusting.
Greed.

But it rules the world more than money itself.

Now...
Talk the global society into a world strike and really put these evil men in their place...
That's what I'm talking about!

What we need is a global agreement among men.
Common men.

Stop feeding the beast.
Stay home for a month and show the world who makes it turn.
Then, you might get their attention.
But, again, I stress the fact that people just don't want to stop the everlasting chase for money.
It's what we are all raised to think is our God.

Anyone here ever notice why every person they know is living for money?
They were all taught at an early age that when you grow up...
You need a good job and lots of money?!
For what?

To keep the machine running.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

From what I understand, a few billion is way over the top. I think you just need to take out 10% of the banks holdings to put them in dire need. I also think alot of people will take out their money just in case the people that are trying to take out the banks are successful. lol. Panic.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The BBC are saying it won't make a difference, but then again the might just be defending the banking system.

In the very unlikely circumstance of everyone heeding Cantona's call, there are obvious practical hurdles preventing that number of people getting to cashpoints or queueing up in branches to withdraw their savings.

But setting those aside, the banks would need to find more cash, because only about 5-10% of people's savings are kept in banks' tills. The rest is lent out or invested.

"Banks only keep a small fraction of their deposits as cash, so the cash machines would run out and cash in the branches would run out," says Richard Wellings, deputy editorial director of the Institute of Economic Affairs.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hehe! I've always liked Cantona!

But I wonder if the rich Monsieur Cantona will lead this revolution personally and withdraw all his money from the banks as well? - he would probably need a couple of very very big suitcases to do so - for all his cash! lol!

Legendary footboller though!

The crazy & hot-headed Eric "Chuck Norris" Cantona!

Vive la révolution "Ooh Aah" Cantona!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
Want to know the truth?
People, as a whole, can't organize enough for a massive withdrawal.
It's the same concept of a nationwide strike.

People just won't collectively do it.
You might get a few million. Globally.
What we need is a few billion.

As has been said, you don't need that many people to actively say they will do it, you just need the threat of it to force others into wanting to secure their money.

Having the BBC reporting it is doing more good to the cause. It's spreading the word. So now, all those people reading that who wouldn't have done it will now be thinking "but what if it does happen?"
And there you go, a few more thousand people join the line for their cash, "just in case".

I probably wouldn't have bothered before. But I will now be making sure I have enough of my cash in my pocket before then, just in case.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
it would also collapse if everyone stopped working on the same day.

well if the banks crash
folks are gonna stop
working anyway as
they will not get a
paycheck anymore

then we immediately all become
survivalist.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
The thing is, that while everyone thinks it's a good idea to kill their bank by taking out all their money, with the banking system gone or decimated, what will they use for every day transactions.

As the banks collapse, they will start to call in loans (like they did in the 1920s), credit card loans will be payable immediately and limits drastically reduced, property values will decrease significantly as banks become a lot more agressive with foreclosures, and anyone with any sort of debt will find themselves scrambling to pay back the banks at a time that they can least afford it.

The banks have a lot more power than you do. Still think this is a good idea.

Personally, I've hedged my bets by investing heavily in the silver market, in small denomination coins that will hold their value and will be easy to trade if the economy goes to pot. 1 oz of silver will sure be a lot easier to trade with than 1 oz or even 1/2 oz of gold once the US dollar follows its ineveitable decline.

<<   2 >>

join