It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Studies 90% WRONG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This is a pretty big problem, everything we hear out there is probably wrong.
Of course this is an issue that needs to be dealt with.

But what can be done other than the people asking for more accurate information?
But even if that happens govt. will internvene and make matters worse.

I think the best thing we can do right now is look for consitent information and as well be a skeptic.
We have to be a skeptic nowadays, people need to know and understand this.

Please share this video with your colleagues and family.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Been said before and I'll say it again. No body is an expert...they are only human, and no matter how many years of schooling and fancy letters behind one's name....everybody can be wrong.

Who do you trust?

Trust no one other than yourself. If you want to know something find out for yourself. Once you do, then present it to the "expert"....love the expression on their face when you prove you know something they don't. Especially doctors...hehe.

thanks for posting this, hope it gets the attention it deserves.

~holly

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the video. I've been saying this for a while too. It's nice to see a formal acknowledgement of the problem. "Who do you trust?" is right!

...but isn't this just another expert study? One that's probably just as wrong... ... ...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.
Been said before and I'll say it again. No body is an expert...they are only human, and no matter how many years of schooling and fancy letters behind one's name....everybody can be wrong.

I do not agree with the above
I remember reading an article in Scientific American, or maybe Discovery and it was an interview with a chinese scientitst.
He argued that scientist don't check, double check and triple check their results anymore like they used to
So too many discoveries are released impulsively

That's not human error, that's humans making the decision to not follow proper protocol

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
My doctor almost always prescribes me to use the most expensive medication. So this one time I had some stomach virus and I went to pharmacy to buy medication. But I had just 5 LVL (about 10 US dollars) with me so I show the list that my doctor has written to me and the pharmacist puts drugs on the counter and I look at the prices. One box of some medicine costs like 4.75 LVL... That's about all money I've got - so I say to her that- "I won't buy this because I have no money." And then she puts that box down - takes another, that is not on the list.
I ask her - "What is that?"
And she says - "Oh that's basically the same medicine but it's made by different company."

Guess what? It costs 4 times less.

Damned doctors have sold out to companies to write prescriptions for their medicine - and if person does not question pharmacist he ends up with the most expensive drugs in the store. Though they are no better than the cheap ones.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
All science is the best guessers are the ones who are listened too. If someone has a good track record, they are listened too.

Thats all science is.

Does not mean they are right or wrong, just mean that the best guessers are listened too.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree. They make few tests. Comes up with an interesting discovery. And then sells the story to media. News portals, TV, journals are full of "scientific" discoveries many of which are contrary to others.

It's mostly rubbish science. Made only to entertain people and make money.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ATS Thread - Death By Medical Mistake

After the spring/summer I've had .. misdiagnosis after misdiagnosis ... bad drug after bad drug ...
I don't trust ANY of them anymore. It's a freak'n crap shoot out there ....

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

I do not agree with the above
I remember reading an article in Scientific American, or maybe Discovery and it was an interview with a chinese scientitst.
He argued that scientist don't check, double check and triple check their results anymore like they used to
So too many discoveries are released impulsively

That's not human error, that's humans making the decision to not follow proper protocol

hi, ModernAcademia
I believe the part you may be disagreeing with is where I said "they are only human"...well it's because they are human that they do not "double check and triple check" their findings. It is the "human" in us that causes us to make mistakes as well the "human" (ego) that keeps most from double checking themselves.

So I guess we are on the same page here, in our own ways...

Maybe if such "checks" were made mistakes wouldn't happen?

~holly

btw: like your green fairy...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

S&F. Thanks for the vid.

Sucks, but science and medicine are business first and foremost, and business is driven by profit. Corporations can be sued if they don't put profits before people, the environment, public welfare, you name it. And corporations fund the business of science and medicine. So profits - and the potential for profit - are put before people, the environment, public welfare, you name it - in science and medicine too.

Like I said, sucks. But no surprise.

Alternatives like Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda have survived through millenia of testing - they work. Unfortunately, they're not as profitable as mainstream medicine and don't serve Big Pharma, biotech or Big Oil.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You should see the mess up they dd in my life, but i assume there is plenty of bad mistakes out there.

top topics

join