It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA chief says no change in screening policy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

TSA chief says no change in screening policy

www.rawstory.com

Obama said he had told the agency that "you have to constantly refine and measure whether what we're doing is the only way to assure the American people's safety."

John Pistole told CNN's "State of the Union" that, despite the public uproar over new screening techniques, "we are not changing the policies" that he said were the best ways of keeping the traveling public safe. TSA screeners, he said, are "the last line of defense" in protecting air travelers.
However, when asked on CBS' "Face the Nation" if she would submit to a pat-down, Clinton responded: "Not if I could avoi
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Pistole sure answered obamas question.
this is how I interpret his response (we dont care if there are less invasive ways to keep you safe, we want control and we will take all of your freedoms to get it)

obamas response? silence like a good troll...

"But Pistole stressed that that balance now requires steps to confront "a determined enemy" that has proven adept in devising new ways to conceal weapons. "We know through intelligence there are determined people, terrorists, trying to kill not only Americans but innocent people around the world," he said."

gotta love this guys sources and reasoning WE KNOW and INTELLIGENCE, and the failed underwear bomber yea later testing for explosive residue will keep all those people in line safe sure buddy.

this story is really sad only shows how hard TPTB are pushing their agenda.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
now I know why the word Czar is being used for various job titles in gov't now

how does a unelected job position hold more power then the president

what do you do when the person elected to watch after the peoples best interest is a spineless puppet

...we should all take note at the contempt these people have towards the public

in today's world sadly the only ones I feel have a chance at changing this is if it hits the airlines where it hurts, their wallets

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Maybe if the TSA caught one, just one "terrorist" people might think there would be a need for this. I'm never flying again and I hate this pathetic country the end.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
Maybe if the TSA caught one, just one "terrorist" people might think there would be a need for this. I'm never flying again and I hate this pathetic country the end.

they already have, it was the actor formerly known as the Christmas shoe bomber

question is why are there scanners for everyone and not just people entering this country, this is the big question to me, why this change in processes

every air traveler is essentially going through customs every time they fly

....soon we will be asked "An what is you reason for flying to (enter any state) today?"

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by all answers exist

Actually, no they did not. He was busted trying to light the fuse on the plane. This is why we now have to take off our shoes at the terminal gate.

And in that case, not only did TSA NOT catch him, but the air crew was inept at stopping him (according to my understanding of the Wiki article).
edit on 11-22-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by all answers exist

He got his "bomb" onto the plane

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

good reply it got me to notice something in their plan.
first the shoes come off that makes it easier for them to get in our pants!

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by all answers exist

Actually, no they did not. He was busted trying to light the fuse on the plane. This is why we now have to take off our shoes at the terminal gate.

And in that case, not only did TSA NOT catch him, but the air crew was inept at stopping him (according to my understanding of the Wiki article).
edit on 11-22-2010 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

actually I could argue you are incorrect given the time frame, these scanner were purposed after the Christmas shoe scare (2009) and implement months after because of the fear of these new types of explosive devices can be very small and concealed and put in almost anything

ALSO, just keeping the facts straight here, the taking off of shoes has been implemented since 2001 BTW, because of the first shoe bomber on December 22, 2001, Richard Reid
edit on 22-11-2010 by all answers exist because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-11-2010 by all answers exist because: spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What about people flying into the country from another country that does not use these intrusive methods? Are they going to start searching these people too, once they enter the US?

Soon everyone is going to have to prove that their private body parts, are really body parts, and not prosthetics or strap on parts. :shk: Where does it all end? What next?

new topics

top topics

join