It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THREE new planets photographed in the sky!! nibiru? eris? sackloth?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

There was still accurate astronomy without telescopes, fool. www.antiquetelescopes.org...
In fact, people understood and used the effects of astronomical phenomena a lot better than 21st century man could. Our species has grown weak.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Because, you have NO IDEA what you are looking at.

Took some doing, since I really didn't know Jack Snot about the STEREO, nor the SOHO nor the GOES before a few days ago...so. I am learning on the fly, here. It is really easy, actually, using the InterWebz...lots of info out there.

SO, I found a site where that IMAGE you keep going on about can be found...along with a whole bunch of others, in context. Let's learn together, shall we?:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(edit)
Ahhhh...checked my link, went to their default search menu...so you will have to do what I did. SEARCH from there. Use the "date range" boxes (just put the date in YYYY-MM-DD format, 20101015 (no dashes!!), in the "Start Date" box, you can leave the box on right empty).

Click on "Ahead H1"

THEN, you will see the list of images I talk about, below....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There....now, it's big, may take some time to load.

Scroll down about half way, or so. I found all of this, just by searching "STEREO ahead image" (because the word "ahead" is on the image you posted. Also, there are several categories...this is from the group called "H1". Still need to learn what all the designations mean, of course. Give me time..)

This gives you images from the same date ..... Just as VonHickup's is, in his "video", same date....(and, WHY, again, does ANYONE ever bother to listen to that fool??? Sad, isn't it, that he is spreading his DNA.....) :shk:

_____
The images, on that site, include captions to describe them.

HERE is the caption for that particular image:

Image of the solar corona, taken by the SECCHI inner Heliospheric Imager (HI-1)
on the STEREO Ahead observatory on October 15, 2010 at 10:34:01 UT.

(Now we know what "H-1" stands for...)

It is the CORONA....the "thing" as you pointed out, in the center? It is there to BLOCK THE DISC OF THE SUN. To make the corona more visible. Get it now?

edit on 24 November 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Excellent post my you learn fast you got skills

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You do understand the larger picture I put up was an example of a good, usable picture, right? The first picture, the little one is YOUR picture. It was useless, unable to provide enough information allowing me to find the picture that you should have fixed anyway. See?? The little pictures are useless.

I know you didn't take the picture. If you believe it is what you keep insisting it must be, a planet-sized mass between the earth and the sun somewhere, you need to be able to prove it. It, or rather "they", would not have been able to move anywhere without still being visible. If you say they are there, prove it. Take a picture of them. If they are not there now, they weren't there then. Savvy? No, apparently not.

By your third response, you finally admit that at least one of the pictures YOU put up doesn't show a thing. You are learning, though at a slower pace. Why would you put up a picture, if the object you want people to see isn't on it? See? You are confused and confusing at the same time.
And I am LMLFAO over the picture you do provide. It's as I thought, and I was giving you the benefit of the doubt it might be a misinterpretation of a cme, or data fault, or whatever. The large black object that covers the sun is.....A SOLAR MASK, used to block the light from the sun so the corona can be visible. Like what the moon does during an eclipse. It's the only way to get a good picture of the corona. The thing you have labeled as "the sun" is not the sun, it's the corona.
Did you not ever use the website so you know what you are looking at? It's all explained there. You really should go and spend some time.
Oh, and in some pictures, there is a straight line coming from the mask to the outside edge of the pictures. That is not a missile. It's the stick that holds the mask in the camera. That's found at the website, too.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Is this the picture that's causing all the fuss.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df873bd0fcb6.jpg[/atsimg]

Thanks

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I have heard of Nibiru, but not Eris and Sackloth. How strange. Soon we will be able to explore space someday.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Spoooky!

Maybe it's an extreme close-up of an otherwise invisible, cyclopian alien, wanting to see the lens? Maybe just saying "Hi! I seeeeeeee youuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!"

Makes as much sense as pretty much most of this thread.
And since no one can prove that's not what it is..........perhaps this should be sent to the UFO forums?

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

This article is from May, about an already launched probe. Don't you think that if there was something there, they would have announced by now? Bottom line, no Niburu, no Planet X, no "Sackloth (WTF). Please stop flagging this, for the love of God.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Have you ever bothered to read the SOHO image explanations by NASA and the discussion of image artifacts? OF COURSE NOT!
Had you done that you'd know not to make such a claim.

For crying out loud. It is demonstrably impossible for a new planet sized or larger mass to be inside of the orbits of the known planets.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Eris is not a comet and does not act like a comet and is much too large to be a comet. Please learn some basics before making such a silly statement.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Please take the time to learn how SOHO works and how the images can be influenced by problems. Then you would know something of what you discuss. At this point you are completely off the mark and have no idea what you are describing.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Again you tell us why you have no idea what you are talking about. You do this by making statements that are rather foolish. A foolish statement is claim that you can tell distance in a single image. That is not possible. You give reasons that do not hold water. Weedwacker suggested a basic course in astronomy. That would be a good starter. I second the motion.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

You can giggle all you want, butin 1989 Voyager 2 flew by Neptune. It's path provided data that showed that the estimated mass of Neptune was too large. The mass was revised down by 0.5%. This small correction was then tested to see how it affected the issue of gravitational perturbations. The perturbations went away once the better mass for Neptune was used. This showed that the paths of the planets could be explained by the known masses. In other words, there are no unknown large masses within the orbits of the known planets and any unknown planetary sized masses must be very far away if they exist.

The revised mass was worked out in 1992.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

You should be careful pretending to laugh since all yo can do is laugh at your own lack of understanding at the full picture. The issue of perturbations was resolved in 1992. The gravitational model of the solar system was complete in 1992 since it showed that there were no unknown masses reacting with the known objects.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

You claim that this is fact because you have no idea what is in the video. You have no idea what a lens flare is or how they are produced and supported the so-called facts of the original images. Your incorrect interpretation of an image is a fact. Your lack of understanding of the image is a fact. It is not a fact that the image shows a new celestial object. You need to separate your ideas from the facts.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Visiting an d researching are not the same. Researching and understanding are not the same. The problem here is that you are not understanding nor researching. Had you done even minimal research you would know by now that there are not hidden masses affecting the solar system. The search for Planet X is over. The reason for the search was an incorrect value for a mass.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Sorry, but you've posted no evidence that shows a new object in the solar system. What you have posted are images and horrible misrepresentations of what those images contain. The evidence is very clear that there are no new large mass or masses inside of the orbits of the known planets.

Take a basic course in astronomy and physics and find out where you have made numerous mistakes, The worst seems to be that you think that interpretations are evidence.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

This thread is a discussion between knowledge and lack of understanding. On the one hand we have people claiming nonsense about new planets based on bad images and a lack of understanding of what is in an image. The other side can easily demonstrate that there are no new planets and that the claims tossed out are nonsensical.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nemesis is not being acknowledged by scientists. It and Tycho are proposals. These objects may exist or may not. The evidence for them is based on analyzing the dates of extinctions to see if there is a cycle. One of the cycles might be 26My. Another proposal is a 64My cycle of extinctions. Weird thing is that both groups used the same data and came up with different cycle lengths. The reason is that the data is a bit fuzzy especially the dating of older extinctions. On top of that there are not lots and lots of extinctions. Furthermore, it is not clear if the extinctions were due to extraterrestrial events.

Nemesis is a hypothetical construct to explain a possible 26My extinction cycle.

You might want to get a hold of the original articles and not rely on a rag for your information about the paper.

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The Sumerians did not know about any planets other than the naked eye planets. The lies by Sitchin that they did are obvious lies. He lied. You fell for his lies. That's ok. Lot's of people fell for his lies.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join