It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hooters' Security Guard Attacks Grandma, Grandma gets 7 months Jail! [CCTV]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow, 7 months and she is the one who gets beat up...am I missing something here?!

Caught on video: Hooters' security guard pummels grandma

"He was telling her 'All you people are the same,' and she was like 'What do you mean all the people are the same? Are you saying a prejudice remark because I'm Mexican,'" she says

Officer Schmidt testified in court that Torres spit on him, however there is no evidence on the video that she did that and there are witnesses that corroborate. Besides, I never see him wipe his face. I know I would if someone spit on me. Besides, did he even need to be there running his mouth? She was not threatening anyone, she was just complaining about here bill. That is legal the last I heard.

Nonetheless the verdict was guilty for the grandmother of four who is now serving almost seven months for misdemeanor battery in Cook County's maximum security women's unit.

Battery!!! What battery?? Freedom of speech??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
...she has dui convictions, retail theft convictions and her family admitted that she has a bad temper... maybe she has mental issues but thats not an excuse for driving intoxicated or stealing...

...when the cop said "all you people are the same", we dont know for sure what he was implying... torres and her family took it as a racial denigration... maybe it was or maybe the cop was talking about people who whine about their bill being too high or the service being too slow in hopes of getting their bill reduced... it happens and it seems to me that was her intent...

...there very well could be things that came out in court about her that warranted her sentence...

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Going by the vid It seems like he attacked her...
I dont see her spitting but even if she did, does it justify that overweight brute grabbing her hair and almost slamming her head on the counter?? Because that's what it looks like he was tring to do...

Funny, you never see these hero cops attempt things like this in places where real men are..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

What she did in her past???!!

What does that have to do with what happened in that Hooters? Did you see her do anything besides use her right for free speach? The evidence is clearly in the video, right?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Whoa! That was creepy! The cop is worse than her in temperment and she was out of control. Had I been on the jury, I would have called it a draw and not convicted her.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The officer testified that the woman spit on him. From what I could see in the video the woman did no such thing and I heard her lawyer say eye witnesses also indicated no such action took place by the woman. If the officer is in fact lying while testifying, I'm assuming while under oath, did he not perjur himself. Where's the true justice, it doesn't matter what the womans past history conatains, she was assaulted and being a good samaritan I would not have stood by and allowed that kind of action go without consequences. People now and days just stand by and do nothing while these types of acts take place everyday. Fight for your RIGHTS

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
As an experienced barman I can tell you
the bar has the advantage, especially if the owner is connected
the customer in a liqour licensed establishment is NOT USUALLY right
that said, it is a people business,
and happy comfortable people spend and bring in a lot more business
then customers who are in jail.
I consider the "cop"? to be a fruitfly.
If it was my bar I'd fire him.
with real fire
ooops, my bad
flame's invisible at 2oo proof
who knew?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is the final straw for me ,along with outlaw lemonade stands ,i have to call hoax on this as no country can be this messed up.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
After reading the article and viewing the video there are several things that can be stated:
Some of the problems in cases like this, is the lack of audio, along with the fact that the video is editied in the report. It is hard to say who said what, that provoked this argument. But I would be interested to see the full unedited video tape, that goes from start to finish, along with reading the transcripts from the court case as well. There had to be something there that convienced a judge and a jury that this woman was guilty. I do not believe that she would have foregone a jury trial. The fact that the lawyer is trying to sue, instead of getting the conviction overturned, also makes me wonder, why? After all would it not be prudent to take this up to the next higher court and get the conviction overturned, instead of taking the time and effort to sew all of those people, from the business, the police officer and the city? It makes no sense. I am not saying who is right or wrong in this case, however, I do believe that this is leads to a lack of credibility on the part of the woman for allowing her lawyer to sue, instead of appealing and trying to over turn the conviction, or even try to get a change of venue and ask for a retrial.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Unedited version..

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by earth2
What she did in her past???!!
What does that have to do with what happened in that Hooters?

...our past behavior is what our current behavior is judged on and how our future behavior is predicted...

Originally posted by earth2
Did you see her do anything besides use her right for free speach? The evidence is clearly in the video, right?

...free speech?... not applicable... she was in a privately owned establishment, griping about her bill...

...what happened is not clear in the video... i didnt hear what she was saying and i seriously doubt that you did - but - if you did, type it up and share with us cuz that'd be very interesting...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The lawyer is suing cause that's where the money is
prolly pro bono....
From what I saw the conversation isn't inportant
The physical violence will be the focus
In twenty odd years in rough bars where violence was a regular occurance I have never seen a successful suit from that kind of situation.
edit on 22-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Probably because PI lawyers only make money if she sues and wins.
No money to be had if she merely isn't imprisoned.

It should be assumed by default that when people make a reasoned decision in court that doesn't seem logical given what we see -- that there is information the public may not have.

RC

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Funny, you never see these hero cops attempt things like this in places where real men are..

...are you saying that REAL MEN dont go to hooters?...

...2nd line - ahahahahaaa!...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
The cop attacked her.

If she was guilty of something he should have turned her around and cuffed her. Not grabbed her hair and beat her head against the counter.

Very unprofessional man who I wouldn't want working in my police force. I don't think I'll go to Hooters anymore either. China needs to buy that company and change it so they only hire men and have them wear the Hooters gear....make it Gay.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
WHAT THE F**K?? I would have made his face impossible to identify if that was my mom. Look at his anger, telling me that cop has no mental issues? He grabs the women by her hair and pulls off a macgyver head lock with a crazy look on his face. Sure looks like he is abusing authority to the fullest. Most immature action from a cop I have seen. Not to mention he was off duty, F***ING PIG.

Excuse my outburst but this UNACCEPTABLE and WE ARE NOT CATTLE.

AND SHE GETS 7 MONTHS WHAT THE &*^#&!!????
edit on 22-11-2010 by SSDDay because: Mis type

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Real men are at "real" bars picking up chicks. Kids can go in Hooters, so yes real men wouldn't be there.
edit on 22-11-2010 by SSDDay because: Typo

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
"I don't think I'll go to Hooters anymore either."

Why would you go to a dump like that in the first place? Sorry to say, but if you want to hang out in cesspools like Hooters, you deserve any misfortune which comes your way. Go spend your money in a classy establishment where bald overweight rent-a-cop douchebags on power trips aren't waiting around like vultures to pounce on you and beat your brains in.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I consider the "cop"? to be a fruitfly.

I consider the cop to be a fruitfly "baby"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b3fbad37128.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

prorev.com...
The point is ... she was lucky not to have been shot !
......... these figures only apply in the "free" world .
is America becoming the land of WTF ?

edit on 22-11-2010 by radarloveguy because: because

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join