It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with this damn Image??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
O.K. Something has been lurking in the back of my head for a while now. This image seems to be popping up everywhere. It has been associated with several threads on ATS over the years and now this:

Newsweek's depiction of President Obama on its latest cover has irked some Indian Americans who, fresh off Obama's visit to the world's largest democracy, are not happy with the image of the U.S. president as the Hindu deity, Lord Shiva. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Personally I cannot stand the image of that creature, is it just me though or does this seem to becoming quite the common thing associated with many different topics? Hadron collider , ancient civilizations, and now the anointed one!!? Thoughts & opinions?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Its one of those things that becomes more apparent as we dwell upon its idea for longer period of times. Some people make the assumption that gods are something like conscious ideas. Well, guess what Shiva is?

Brahma the creator

Vishnu the Preserver

and

Shiva the _____________

fill in the blank

These beings may be conscious ideas, or the idea of this being that is associated with destruction could be so ingrained in the human psyche that in the "end times" when we discuss WW3 and 2012 so often, we drudge up an image of a god associated with destruction.

Its one or the other. Who knows, that's the mystery.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Here's a link to the cover pic..
www.coverjunkie.com...

Not sure why they think one man can't handle it...
Hasn't Obama created a lot of czars to help out and hired more advisors??

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think it makes a good point though-

- in good fun way.

I think all too often the others behind the president are ignored...there is a huge mass of people that aid in trying to run the country. Its defiantly not a one man job.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Shiva the destroyer/transformer

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
...to me, it doesnt imply that he's some kind of god that has his hands full running our country... it implies that he's just part of the machinery... even the title suggests that...

...some hindus dont appreciate their culture being bastardized by newsweek - i can empathize... its insensitive and tacky but thats the american corporatist way...

new topics

top topics

join