It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Naked Airport Body Scanner Sees Everything But the Bomby Parts (German video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Naked Airport Body Scanner Sees Everything But the Bomby Parts

gizmodo.com

A demonstration of one of those highfalutin—and highly invasive—full-body airport scanners caught a Swiss Army Knife and a cellphone, but none of the, uh, bomb components.

The big reveal comes at around 2:07, and is moderately to extremely terrifying. As Schneier on Security points out, the subject didn't get scanned from the side. That's reassuring until you see that there were still a few front-facing explosive bits that got through, and he didn't even have to hide anything in a body cavity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
edit on 21-11-2010 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Beside the social issues generated by the "body scanners" , it looks like we have another major problem - they do not actually work. The "tester" of the scanner in this TV show managed to go noticed with a good quantity of thermite. Trading our honor, dignity and self-respect for a bit of safety appears not to work ..

gizmodo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-11-2010 by Romanian because: added youtube video

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
haha nice work...that shows the waste of money these scanners are

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
MUM, I KNOW WHAT I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Anyone speaking German here? It would be nice to have some more explanations from the video..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well the Israelis said they are junk and thats what we now have to put up with thanks to the former DHS head boss. Funny how he lubed his pockets with millions on this deal.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
like that joke about the farmer and the bear
you know where the third time after the farmer thinks the bear has been shot and fallen behind the log and the farmer goes running up to see the kill and the bear stands up and pooches him for the third time...and says to the farmer...
"you're not really here for the hunting are you..."?
there never was any al cia duh
well except al cia duh in washington...
get over it
they just wanted to see you nekkid
dear

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Airport Body Scanners are Only a Money Making Scam. Never been anything but, it is not about security it is about money.
The intrusive Pat Downs are to get the people to opt for scanners so the TSA can say they need more, which equals to more sales which equals to more profits.

Watched that shill Matt "Lower" on NBC, just last week say with a straight face that the "Pantie" bomber would have been detected with the Full Body Scan Machine, Guess they forgot that that kid was the patsy placed on the airplane without a passport and with the help of someone yet to identified.

This country is a joke. A bad one, but none the less a JOKE!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

What they are saying is that the big guy had thermite, a lighter and a swiss pocket knife in his pockets and none of the items got picked up by the scanner. He then demonstrated that you can easily ignite thermite and that it burns at a temperature of approximately 3000 degrees Celsius, hot enough to melt the frying pan. He went on to say that thermite ignited at the right place on an aircraft could bring the plane down. All the ingredients were purchased for a few cents at a local chemist in Germany.

I think this clearly shows that the scanners don't work properly when it comes to detecting explosives.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
For those of us that need a translation, here it is:

While I think this does prove these machines are just as fallible as any other "security" method, they do point out in the video that the conditions are not the same as they would be in an airport (the guy would not be wearing the jacket and it would have been searched).

edit on 11/21/2010 by glitch88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I hope this goes viral. There needs to be an english subtitled version of this as well as spanish, and every other language.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

While I think this does prove these machines are just as fallible as any other "security" method, they do point out in the video that the conditions are not the same as they would be in an airport (the guy would not be wearing the jacket and it would have been searched).

True but the bad guys look for and exploit the loopholes in any system...

For example, if I'm reading the information right..
I travel a lot, yes they make you take off your shoes but not your socks...
How much plastic explosive do you think I could hide under my soles, with my socks covering it?
It would not be detected..

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I am in agreement with you. That is what I meant by it being fallible. I only meant that the stuff in his jacket pocket would have been found. He would have needed to hide it somewhere that the scanner couldn't see, like in a fat roll. (not being mean to the guy's weight, just stating the obvious)

reply to post by InnerTruths

There is an English subtitled version. Read the post directly above yours.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

That's it, the bad guys always find a way around this stuff while the average Joe suffers..
It's like gun laws in Australia..
They took all our guns, now only criminals have them and they aint hard to get!!
A reporter did an article, took him a few hours and a few hundred dollars...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Well ,i have to say that "While the priest climbs a post, the devil climbs ten"...

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown

Watched that shill Matt "Lower" on NBC, just last week say with a straight face that the "Pantie" bomber would have been detected with the Full Body Scan Machine, Guess they forgot that that kid was the patsy placed on the airplane without a passport and with the help of someone yet to identified.

I have heard/read this several times on ATS, but when I searched for some kind of factoid/news article, anything...havent been able to verify this is true.
Does anyone have anything they can post or U2U me regarding this?

Other than that, I completely agree with your post.

top topics

join