It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say you want a revolution? This December 7th the Cantona way might just catch on.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I know the source is The Guardian newspaper which is a left wing bible in UK mainstream media, however they report on an interview with Eric Cantona the former Manchester United and French international footballer who says:

I don't think we can be entirely happy seeing such misery around us. Unless you live in a pod. But then there is a chance... there is something to do. Nowadays what does it mean to be on the streets? To demonstrate? You swindle yourself. Anyway, that's not the way any more.

He says revolution in the traditional style is passe and that the way to protest and create true revolution is to destroy the banks by withdrawing all of our money:

We don't pick up weapons to kill people to start the revolution. The revolution is really easy to do these days. What's the system? The system is built on the power of the banks. So it must be destroyed through the banks. "This means that the three million people with their placards on the streets, they go to the bank and they withdraw their money and the banks collapse. Three million, 10 million people, and the banks collapse and there is no real threat. A real revolution. "We must go to the bank. In this case there would be a real revolution. It's not complicated; instead of going on the streets and driving kilometres by car you simply go to the bank in your country and withdraw your money, and if there are a lot of people withdrawing their money the system collapses. No weapons, no blood, or anything like that." He concludes: "It's not complicated and in this case they will listen to us in a different way. Trade unions? Sometimes we should propose ideas to them."

Source: The Guardian Newspaper 21/11/2010

So far French banks are co-ordinating for mass cash withdrawals planned for 7th December. 40,000 people have signed up to a group in support.

Should we all support this movement?
Is there a danger the banks could fail if enough people take this action on the same day?

There could be absolute carnage and armageddon before christmas if this catches on across the globe, and if nothing else sell euros and french stocks on the 6th December I say!!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would love to see some action taken against the banks but it leaves me to think, what after?
Let's say it happens and everyone takes out their money.
Now you have the whole population with hard cash in their homes.
I would think there would be an increase in burglaries, it could turn ugly.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

I immediately thought about the increase in crime, but I was more worried about the people that do not get their cash out on day 1. If it is a big enough movement then the government would have to step in and do something. There simply isn't enough money supply to handle any sort of concerted effort by the population to draw down cash from the banks in any large numbers. Anyone that misses day 1 of withdrawals might well have missed the boat.

If this really does catch on I promise it will be absolutely insane. I remember when Northern Rock a UK mid sized building society/bank was on the verge of bankruptcy and all of its customers tried to make cash withdrawls - there were queues for blocks and blocks for days and days. The media fuelled the panic by reporting the queues.

If this movement gains momentum the rest of the people will soon see it on the MSM and panic exponentially increasing the demand for ready cash.

December could be really interesting!

edit on 21-11-2010 by spacedonk because: spelling

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It would be a good idea to not let the banks know in advance as they would simply enlist the aid of government to protect assets by being closed that day.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
problem is they would just close the bank / fake a system crash or what ever, or they will just say sorry out of money come back tomorrow, the banks wouldnt crash people just wouldnt get their money. these are not stupid people whom just started screwing the public, they are ready for most scenarios and the governments will support them.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To those that are worried about crime...

One must sacrifice to get what one wants.

It's a two-way street and we forget we have to work to accomplish a goal even as a country, society, town...whatever.

I'm pulling my money by the way

I also read that they suggest putting your money in your local banks which could work maybe.... but, and I'm not sure, don't all the big banks own the little banks in some way by now?
edit on 21-11-2010 by SlyFox_79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

this is exactly what we need, to get people who are in the limelight to open the eyes of the sheep, the sheep dont listen to joe bloggs next door, but they listen to a famous person, and hes right! if everyone was to take all thier money out the bank on this day...then maybe they will start to listen to us, the french president has the right idea as well....to tax the banks, our tax bails them out and they pay tax on what they recieve, and that tax can get pumped back into the economy.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i would so do this- if i had any money.
talk about living on the edge, i have no savings, no 401k, no health insurance, no social security, all due to being self employed.

but yeah, i think that it will work. go for it!

burn it all lets go for broke, watch the night go up in smoke.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79
To those that are worried about crime...

One must sacrifice to get what one wants.

I also read that they suggest putting your money in your local banks which could work maybe.... but, and I'm not sure, don't all the big banks own the little banks in some way by now?
edit on 21-11-2010 by SlyFox_79 because: (no reason given)

I think the way it would work with putting money into local banks, particularly in the UK, is with credit unions. Although I am foggy on the details, I do not know whether a credit union actually has a banking licence or not and as you say is in effect a proxy of a larger banking organisation. I think in most cases they are truly independent . In other countries I have no idea at all.

On the crime issue, I think if there was a big outbreak of robberies you would see the people form vigilante groups in towns and neighbourhoods acting as a 'town watch'. The crime factor is the fear aspect TPTB would like you to concentrate on and as a result decide against taking action to withdraw money in the name of safety.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Nope, cuz only 1 in 10 who go to the bank
to withdraw will get all their money.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Nope, cuz only 1 in 10 who go to the bank
to withdraw will get all their money.

Exactly my point. In reality it would only take 10 to 20% of the population to withdraw their money for the system to absolutely, irretrievably collapse. There just isn't the money supply to pay out all the money held in the worlds banks - let alone that most savings deposits have been lent out by the bank to make money and they couldn't raise the money to pay out the deposits they have on account. there would be banking collapse after banking collapse after banking collapse.

I really think this could be the only way to bring the system to it's knees. whoever would have thought a Brit agreeing with a Frenchman!

However,I am seriously worried if this catches on that this is the 'game changer'; that life as we know it will be changed forever. I do not think the general population could cope if this happens on any widespread scale.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
i'd rather be burgled rather than lose freedom, items can be replaced freedom cannot.

it seems obvious to me people world wide are not being listened to, that they are being backed into corners, and there is nothing they can do or say to change things. there only seems to be one way to make a peaceful protest that might actually get those in power to listen, and that is withdrawing all money from the bank.

if it is the only way they will listen to people, then it is them that made it that way, people have tried every other peaceful way possible to no avail.

what i want to know is if people withdraw their money and they still do not listen or care what then?

but being burgled vs a attempt at real change, there is no competition.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyFox_79

it doesn't matter, big bank, little bank, local bank ....
they are ALL connected via the Federal Reserve.
They ALL have that lil sticker in the window or
on the counter that reads:

"Your funds are insured by the FDIC"

They are required by law to post this notice.
So if you see it, then it is a Federal Reserve
Institution. Not only that, but they are all connected
via the fractional system and use Federal Reserve notes.

To make that work you will need to take your money out of ALL banks,
they are all tied to the Federal Reserve.

And I wouldn't wait til Dec. 7 to start your withdrawals
else you might find they don't have any left or they
may place a withdrawal restriction limit of say $100.00
or so.

And just in case they are closed, there is always
the next business day. Sooner or later they have to open.

And if I remember correctly, when the banks shut down
in Greece during the riots, the banks got torched. But I am
not inciting violence or destruction in any way nor am
I asking you to. So this is not a threat. I am just stating
what happened in Greece.

This bank run is NOT just in Europe, this is
gonna happen throughout the world.
And what will make it successful is if certain
countries stock markets all cash in their US
dollars on the same day on their countries
stock markets.

Then not only do you have private individuals
taking part, you have entire stock markets
doing the same thing All at the same time.

They couldn't print enough money
in 10 years to cover all those deposits.
Say good bye to the Federal Reserve.
This is how the population can audit the
Federal Reserve without any assistance
from congress or a law. As the hollywood movie
says "Show me the money !!!!"
When they can't, it's game over for the FED.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk
Exactly my point. In reality it would only take 10 to 20% of the population to withdraw their money for the system to absolutely, irretrievably collapse. There just isn't the money supply to pay out all the money held in the worlds banks - let alone that most savings deposits have been lent out by the bank to make money and they couldn't raise the money to pay out the deposits they have on account. there would be banking collapse after banking collapse after banking collapse.

you have to realize, these banking wizards are very
intelligent. If they can stop this bank run in any way,
they absolutely will.

I am gonna predict a very big false flag event
before Dec. 7 as their counter chess move.
I'd bet the bank on it !!!! lol

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

you have to realize, these banking wizards are very
intelligent. If they can stop this bank run in any way,
they absolutely will.

I am gonna predict a very big false flag event
before Dec. 7 as their counter chess move.
I'd bet the bank on it !!!! lol

I would say if this movement builds momentum then there will be action on lots of fronts from many different parties to try and stop it: governments, bankers, business etc etc

My expectation would be a manipulation of a situation so that it would seem unpatriotic to withdraw cash. A leap of faith I know but doable.

I actually think the most likely will be a sustained media campaign which will start as a whispering campaign on radio phone ins and the such like telling people that they will cause a recession if they withdraw money en masse. They tried it on the bank runs in the UK but it was too late as the rumours of banking collapse was too strong. the only way they stopped a sustained run on the banks was by the government increasing the amount of money they guaranteed in deposits with banks that failed. I can see the current government making a large increase on their deposit guarantee scheme very very soon.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If I had any money I would withdraw it. But I don't so I can't.

I have been spreading the word though (I'm in France).

Unfortunately, those who have loadsamoney are usually the most ignorant and just don't get it or don't care.

I also think that whatever does happen will just fuel a new bigger "us & them" scenario and eventually the banks will claw back anything they loose, probably with another bail out funded by you know who.

The only way to really get back at the banks is if every single branch of every single bank was robbed at the same time on the same day. Sure, loads of people would get arrested and even a few hurt and a lot of branches would lock their doors at the first hint of trouble, but at the end of that day Joe Public would still be owed their money by the banks regardless of how much they lost and there's only a limited number of police to go around (especially here in rural France).

Some of you will no doubt say "what about the innocent workers" and things like that, but how innocent are they if they are part of a system that has been financially raping people since the invention of money. Paper pushing and number crunching isn't limited to the one industry is it and isn't it about time those workers grew a conscience towards their fellow countrymen (& women)?

Vive la revolution! It's time SOMETHING happened.

ps...IF I had any money, I would draw it out on the 6th

edit on 21/11/2010 by nerbot because: added last line

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
oh and another thing,
if u have any investment money
tied up in the markets,
you may have absolutely nothing
on Dec. 8.
But that is your choice
to stay in it.
So don't blame me
when you are broke
and can't lay your hands
on your digital fake money.
Remember, it's all 1's and 0's,
nothing more if you don't actually
take physical possession of the hard
cash.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
actually you don't even have to
call this a world bank run, you can call it:

Worldwide Bank Audit 2K10

u can audit the banks by withdrawing
your funds to see if they actually exist.

And this pi$$es off TPTB cuz they hate
when you play with THEIR money.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Revolutions never begin until one person is willing to take the risk of being publicly beheaded by authorities or supposedly crucified on a cross

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yabbadabbadoooooo
Revolutions never begin until one person is willing to take the risk of being publicly beheaded by authorities or supposedly crucified on a cross

I thought Bradley Manning already did this.
Or maybe it takes more than 1.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join