It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US reaction to Al Qaeda's "Operation Hemorrhage" is going just like Al Qeada hoped it would.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
...or.. This is just the next cut in the "Death of a 1000 Cuts".

Death by a 1000 cuts. The idea is simple. Your opponent is too big and too powerful to kill in one mighty blow. So, you kill him slowly, you wear him down, a 1000 little cuts and he will bleed to death.

Al Qaeda Promises U.S. Death By A 'Thousand Cuts'

Printer bombs planted on two cargo flights last month cost only a few thousand dollars and were intended to affect the American economy, according to a newly published Al Qaeda-affiliated magazine.

The attempt was called "Operation Hemorrhage," boasted the magazine, and the entire plot cost al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, only $4,200.
The magazine also revealed the attack was not meant to kill more than the plane's pilot and co-pilot, and was meant to force the U.S. government to spend billions of dollars on preventive security screening measures.

The strategy, the magazine said, was "of attacking the enemy with smaller, but more frequent operations is what some may refer to as the strategy of a thousand cuts. The aim is to bleed the enemy to death."

They go on to say it took 3 months to plan it and put together the bombs. $4,200 to cause all of this chaos and expense. I'd say that is a good ROI. Mission accomplished for AQ.

If the "printer bombs" were not a false flag then these new airport procedures are just what AQ hoped the reaction would be.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Obviously our new security measures should include screening workers who handle luggage or packages, and security guards who watch, and TSA... and well you know.. the ones helping

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I found that yemen article posted here very interesting the other day. As for me I'm on the side that AL Quaeda is a CIA/Mossad creation.

join