It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Must watch* NY councilman blows the lid off of naked X-Ray scanners and TSA corruption

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+84 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sheesh...

Why is it that virtually no one in our gov (save for Ron Paul, as usual) is addressing these issues?!?

This guy, Brooklyn city councilman, David Greenfield, comes out and simply pulls no punches.

Not only does he break down exactly why these machines DO NOT WORK against the very supposed thing they are claiming to deter, but he also uncovers that the entire REASON they were rushed through, was due to Michael Chertoff (head of the department of homeland security) having a THREE HUNDRED and FIFTY MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACT with the company that designed them.

Now if anyone cannot see that something is SERIOUSLY wrong with this picture, then I really don't even know what to say anymore! We are being entirely VIOLATED to further fill more pockets of greedy, power-mongering thugs!

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Starve this beast and watch it die!

Seriously, if enough people use other modes of transportation for a long enough time, the corporate elite in the airlines will pressure the feds to make changes.

They simply need to use profiling and have a better risk assessment process where only targeted scanning and pat downs are used.

With underwear bombs, liquid bombs, shoe bombs, bra bombs, rectal bombs etc still a threat, it isn't like they can do nothing.

But there are changes that can be made, unfortunately they will not make these changes until they feel the pressure from their corporate interests.

Don't fly, and watch magic happen, also learn who ultimately controls the U.S. government in the process.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Seriously, if enough people use other modes of transportation for a long enough time, the corporate elite in the airlines will pressure the feds to make changes.

No one is going to stop using planes period in big numbers, they know you will just accept it.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
SandF
17 airports opted out of this system
watch for the false flag....
see we told you:
blond bombshell....
now bend over....

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I heard that the company that makes these scanners is the same company that works heavily with the Air Force Research Laboratory, and specializes in Drone technology (L3 Communications).

Its actually a smart plan on their part.

1.) Make a machine that can scan our bodies biometrics and keep a record of them

2.) Implement those machines into the Airport systems on behalf of "terrorism prevention" in order to scan a multitude of people

3.) Make the alternative security pat-downs extremely harsh so more people just decide to get scanned.

4.) Send the scan information to L3 branches and implement them into future drone technology for the research and development of being able to locate someone from an unmanned Drone plane by the means of biometric matching.

Link Between TSA Scans and Air Force Drones
edit on 21-11-2010 by Plan2exist18 because: add link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm really happy to see this councilman that is calling for this is Demoncratic. Perhaps that will quell the large cries that its only Republican conservatives that are aganst these measures and feel there is anything wrong with the scans/patdowns. Clearly, that is not the case. Now there is something that can be pointed to to combat that fallacy.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

If they had allowed never brought in Political correctness we would not be in this mess. Profile terrorists!! and investigate the CIA, MI6 and Mossad and you would stop all terrorism!

This game is getting old, we know who the terrorists are and we now know why they are doing all of this!

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Unfortunately, this is how the system is abused, kickbacks, special interest groups, and lobbyists.

Not how it is supposed to work, but how it is abused, if someone in Washington is not making money?

To them a crime has been committed.

If someone's palm is not greased.

T.S.A. : Birth of A Monster, Coup Against American Rights, F.E.M.A. Started and D.A.R.P.A. Finished

Come on by and see how much deeper this rabbit hole goes.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

The councilman makes the excellent point that "at many places (airports) the cargo underneath is NOT scanned".

Hmm, if I wanted to get a bomb unboard a plane would I a) hide it my pants or b) put in the cargo luggage?

It just makes all the crap the TSA is subjecting paying customers, i.e. harmful and ineffective x-ray scans and groping "pat downs" all the more outrageous.

The last time I flew was in 2006, and the experience was so uncomfortable that I won't fly again unless I absolutely have to, and even then I might take the train.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

greedy [snip] will burn in hell

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 22/11/10 by argentus because: edit

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I never thought that Sheppard Smith and I could agree on a topic... Hell almost froze over ;-)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Here's a thought. TSA worker: closet pedophile gets his jolly's off at work. This makes me absolutely enraged and sick to my stomach. Am I the only one who thinks this is sooooo soooo wrong? Am I the only one who gets seriously angry after hearing about this crap? Please tell me I'm not. How do we change this? When is enough is enough?

Children, Adults, no matter who you are this is wrong. When will we fight for our rights? Give me the time and the place I will be there with a sign and a strong voice.

I just saw a thread telling people to shut up about the TSA already. I think I will go give the OP a piece of my mind. I am totally in rage mode right now. I suppose we should just shut up about it like people did with their "weird uncles" back in the day.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am gonna start moaning next time i travel...

"MMMMMM touch me mister TSA agent" "yes, make me ur little terrorist"

then il purr like a cat

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

This has little to do with political correctness as much as it does testing the tolerance of the American people by removing freedoms in place of security.

In the eyes of certain people in power, I'm sure there is little difference between the color of someone's skin and cultural heritage. We're all part of the same submissive flock.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Congressman or Senator Mica, another Republican joined Ron Paul in raising a big stink about TSA. Hillary Clinton wandered off the farm and denounced the abuse of the American people by TSA. The ball is rolling.

We should all be writing to our elected officals about TSA and the mission creep of Homeland Security using the Patriot Act unconstitutional powers to pursue American political groups as "domestic terrorists." The patriot act should only focus on Islamic terrorism ONLY. The rest of America's crime can be handled by law enforcement within constitutional boundries.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I'm very confused about why Fox News is suddenly concerned about the police state. They practically had an orgasm over the patriot act and now suddenly they are questioning what is going on. Hmmm. I guess they couldn't even convince neocon sheep about such a ridiculous idea and gave up. Changing their mind to save face is all I can think of.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade Seriously, if enough people use other modes of transportation for a long enough time, the corporate elite in the airlines will pressure the feds to make changes.

id say more likely they will just bring scanners to other modes of transport. starting with trains and buses.
edit on 21-11-2010 by predisposed because: none needed

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
You know what would be really awesome?
If we didn't have to hate each other and worry about bombs on planes.
Then we wouldn't have to deal with this.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by nottheonlyone

The Opt out movement is growing daily. They just will not give it enough press to help it along although it is already viral.

We Won't Fly, National Opt Out Day, Nov 24

This has been picked up by many news outlets and they are kind of waiting to see what the result is. While their limited coverage of this might magnify the effect slightly they have balanced this out with a lot of go along to get along pieces as well.

edit on 21-11-2010 by wayouttheredude because: broken link

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Sheppard Smith is a CIA Operation Mockingbird Agent

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join