It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass hysteria regarding the TSA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
The endgame is pretty clear to me... some factions within the US are seeking to spread panic and disinformation as a means of staging a coup of power. And this is what is happenning on ATS at the moment.

Like a bunch of rats following the piper, everyone is following the story about the TSA, giving their own uninformed opinion. Stating there is a conspiracy. There is people linking the searches done by the TSA to nazi's and calling it the 4th reich.

This is absurd. I saw a video earlier, with the title Boy stipsearched and genitals touched, but after watching the video about 4 times, i did not see it. These type of threads are pure propaganda, made for easy stars and flags.

Everyone knows it is a hot topic now, hence, everybody wants to jump in, without even thinking about it.

The TSA is not the 4th reich, it is not the beginning of the end for American freedom!!! It is more intense security measures, to ensure YOUR safety. Now i see people linking the TSA to child molesters, neo nazis, etc etc, which is totally absurd.

How many of you, who so lustfully, complain about the TSA even fly very regularly?? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon of hysteria?

There is no conspiracy here. It is purely the goverment doing its job. Period. It is strict, but so be it.

vVV

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thewanger

The OP lives in South Africa... So I somehow doubt that anyone you know died defending his particular freedoms. Beyond that, he is entitled to his opinion - a freedom to which, by US standards he is entitled to. So, in that regard, I spit upon your concepts of what "freedom" actually means.

Brave men say what they think, cowards fall in line.

~Heff

link   
I think it's taken an impact the way it is because it is making people realize the severe cost of their "freedoms" in the current United States. People always say "flying is a privilege, you can choose not to". And then what? In a world where travel is essentially a necessity to live in a "socially acceptable" way, what would you have your average American do? Walk? Drive the distance? Always wondered what they expect people to do when tomorrow, police set up road blocks and search your cars without warrants within your state for national security?

TSA madness? I just think people are having enough of the BS. Was it mass hysteria when the British came to collect colonial taxes without representation? Of course, because they all believed it was the government was just doing their jobs and the colonists could have just chosen to just pay them and take the hit, while their families starved.

"They came first for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

link   

Wow, father died protecting freedoms.. so you would strip someone elses away. There is huge irony in this.
Course, it seems this violent rhetoric is a perpetual: "Agree with me or you are the enemy due for prison or death or whatever."

edit on 21-11-2010 by lordtyp0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Right, but those touting this sort of violent overthrow rhetoric are an inch away from acting and turning it into some weird Bulshovik style revolution-purging all those not right wing.

So the movement is seeming to turn.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This documentary series is very much relevant to this and countless other threads. It has been posted many times but I doubt people have actually watched...

Google Video Link

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   

You are implying i am traitor? " your thirty pieces will be soon spent, Judas." A traitor to what exactly?
You are just proving my point, that you have no valid opinion, and merely jumping on the bandwagon of hysteria.

So you spit on me, yeah, that is real mature man. At least be able to hold a coversation, or debate something, instead of just throwing cheap insults around. I do not care what you say to me. At least i am not just a blind follower of a very narrow mindset that seems to sweep the ats posters, that do not know what their beliefs are, and are merely sheep following the crowd.

vVV

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
TSA agents don't always change gloves between fondling/molestations.

Those gloves are worn for the protection of the agent.

You must request that they change the gloves in your presence or you risk acquiring venereal disease resulting from a fondle/molest search.

By not doing this you risk acquiring a venereal disease.

Do not allow yourself or your children to be put at risk of acquiring a venereal disease.

Related:

The latest news out of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is very troubling, to say the least.

A jaw-dropping 48 percent of black women between ages 14 and 49 have the virus which causes genital herpes, says the federal agency. Blacks in general are more than three times as likely as whites to have herpes simplex virus type 2 (HSV-2) (39.2 percent vs. 12.3 percent).

www.theroot.com...

edit on 21-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

ROFL.
That was awesome

The idea of getting a VD though clothes or that it even addresses the post is not a direction was expecting.
You sir: Get a star from me

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Was it mass hysteria when the British came to collect colonial taxes without representation?
reply to post by LeTan

Here we go again. You are doing exactly what i was saying in the OP. You are drawing a comparising between the TSA and the British colonials. How does that even tie up!!???

See the issue for what it is. It is a separte security issue, it is not the goverment trying to steal all your rights.

Vvv

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Although I applaud your relativity on the subject.... I do not fully agree.

The man that trades freedom for an imaginative safety, tightens the shackle's of control around his feet.

It is a spiral and one that is very far in development.

People and leaders are in it for and by the power. The ways to get some is nothing more then a popularity contest.
Politician tell what you want to hear and those with power e.g. money, they invest a lot of money promoting people that will follow their visions.

Coincidence maybe... But isn't this investing of money not recently being freed from any form of control.
The money already owns the power and have a firm beachhead installed already.

Edit to say it is not the government that steals. It is the government which is used in the best interests of those who want to steal from you. Only thing it takes is the popularity contest.
edit on 11/21/2010 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0

ROFL.
That was awesome

I am a god-king upon the face of the earth. Like that one TSA worker.

Carry on citizen.
edit on 21-11-2010 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Course-its easy to find a someone doing something bad or moronic. Easy to find a bad filter on an employee base when they back 12 bucks an hour.

How many thousands of gate passes occur a day? How many are not nightmares for all involved?

That being said-my concern is not the TSAs. My concern is the rabid response that seems to rage on every single topic that ever comes up.

I dont think it would take much to turn it into full violence and I really don't think said violence would achieve anything but orphaning some kids who's parents were caught in the cross fire.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
There is also the freedom to not fund/participate in events/systems/processes that you disagree with. Don't fly. There is not biological requirement to do so. I haven't been to my homeland (the US) in over 15 years. I don't support the US in its foreign policy nor its actions domestically or abroad. So I stay out. I don't vote. I have never voted because I've never found common ground between my mind and that of a candidate or agenda. So I sit quietly and affect others as little as possible, because my mind is my own.

In these matters, be it food or tobacco or medicine or whatever, if you don't like it, simply do it another way. You are limited only by your own mind and heart.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I wonder what happened first. Did he already felt like god or did the job that gave him this power triggered almightyness in that agent. lol

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

because everyone is being forcefed so much tsa propoganda, i can only suspect that this is a distraction from some REAL conspiracy...

so.. what is the REAL conspiracy?

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

I have to admit, politics just passes through my mind like it was never mentioned. I don't understand it so much. Why is it that when I don't want to live in a world where I have to answer to another man because he carries a badge.. I am labeled as a left wing.

Why is it that if my friend wants to just live in a small apartment by himself and a select few people, he's labeled as a right wing?

Sorry if I miss understand what right and left wing politics are, I had to search them.

Politicians are paid to talk in convincing manners, it is their job to tell the people what they want to hear. And people believe them! Why? Because they carry titles such as senator, governor, president, ect. What happens if your neighbor without the title tells you what your government tells you?

"Oh sorry Bill, I seem to have slept through that hurricane that knocked my boat that I didn't secure into your roof! Tell you what, when I get back from my golf game in about 6 hours, I'll help you clean that right up! Oh yeah not to be a bother but could you chip in some money for the repairs on my boat? It was your roof after all... Thanks! Seeya in 6 hours champ!"

Would you let him go and be angry inside but feel powerless? Or would you haul his ass into your yard and make him clean that mess up? Option one seems to be the popular choice if he had an imaginary seat of power called Government position. He's still your neighbor, a human being, and he still screwed up.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
however it is possible the conspiracy is not that the whole TSA 'hysteria' is meant to 'cover up a true conspiracy'

it might be that the tsa hysteria being pushed around is intentionally being pushed around american viewing so that american's can become brainwashed into beleiving they live in a government and institution of control in which they must be submissive and there is no choice in the matter about it

the way that this would happen is that the TSA would be protrayed in the media as an extremely controversial group, and they would be sure to broadcast examples of them doing things no one would want done to them ( already there ) ... the next step would be that although they have done things which never would fly in an america whose citizens are not submission to authority, they would never be abolished or have restrictions put on their actions

this would show the american public that the government and it's agencies have the right to fully humiliate and do whatever they want to the public and it would be brainwashed into the public that the government and it's agencies would face no charges for it

the result would be a society who would EXPECT to fit a submissive role to their government, and EXPECT to be submissive to their government

this is a possibility as well, so in the next few months if nothing changes, perhaps i was right about this second idea

however if in the next few months the media moves on to ANOTHER hysteria roll, then what we have is just another distraction

( mind you i don't enjoy how the TSA has been doing, but i know and understand the tactics of our government when it comes to distraction and the use of the media, and what we have here is a textbook example of the media saying "ALL EYES SHOULD BE LOOKING HERE!" so my obvious reaction is to look, but also check and look at other things just to be sure )

edit on 11/21/2010 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

because everyone is being forcefed so much tsa propoganda, i can only suspect that this is a distraction from some REAL conspiracy...

so.. what is the REAL conspiracy?

Somewhere on the interwebz is a video, from Citizen Kane I believe, of Orson Wells clapping, obviously very moved. If I knew where that clip was I would post it here!

This is exactly how I think of this entire issue, and a couple of others... We are being programmed to think that our freedoms have been totally usurped in the last 2 years - totally oblivious to reality or prior events (Such as Bush and all the wonderful acts he enacted )... The only endgame that makes sense is to assume that a power and paradigm shift are being foisted upon us.

Beware of people who scream freedom and then, in the next breath, feel a need to rant against non-Christians, immigrants, recipients of social services, and gays, and any other group... All of this recent political hyperbole just screams "agenda" to me... and I, for one, fear what lay behind it all.

~Heff
edit on 11/21/10 by Hefficide because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join